ADVERTISEMENT

video of some of Bob Sanders NFL clips posted on twitter

Sanders was one of the main reasons why Peyton won his 1st Super Bowl... I'm not saying that Sanders carried that team, but the Colt's achille's heal was always their defense and Sanders was a pivotal player on a much improved defense that lead to Peyton winning the Super Bowl

Sanders was one of the main reasons why Peyton won his 1st Super Bowl... I'm not saying that Sanders carried that team, but the Colt's achille's heal was always their defense and Sanders was a pivotal player on a much improved defense that lead to Peyton winning the Super Bowl

As a life long colts fan, I remember the details well. Obviously, Manning is the main reason the won the SB, but without Bob on the field they do not get there. Sanders totally transformed the defense when he was on the filed. During the 2006 season, while Bob was hurt, until just before the playoff run, the offense was under pressure to score 30+ points in order to have a chance to win, and the run D was awful. During the playoffs with Bob on the field, the run D shut opposing teams run game down. His being on the field elevated their D to an entire new level, and some of it was his playmaking and torpedoing any run, but his being on the field also created an attitude and intensity they did not have without him. Probably my all-time favorite Hawkeye.

As a life long colts fan, I remember the details well. Obviously, Manning is the main reason the won the SB, but without Bob on the field they do not get there. Sanders totally transformed the defense when he was on the filed. During the 2006 season, while Bob was hurt, until just before the playoff run, the offense was under pressure to score 30+ points in order to have a chance to win, and the run D was awful. During the playoffs with Bob on the field, the run D shut opposing teams run game down. His being on the field elevated their D to an entire new level, and some of it was his playmaking and torpedoing any run, but his being on the field also created an attitude and intensity they did not have without him. Probably my all-time favorite Hawkeye.

Yea, weren't they like top 3 rush defense in their Super Bowl run? I remember Sanders sealed the Super Bowl with a pick.... We all loved his play, but it's just too bad the reason why he didn't have a long career was the reason why he was so great

We've all heard the KF quote: "When Bob Sanders came along it was like your big brother showing up for a street fight."

Or something like that! But it's still cool this many years later.

Reactions: nwhawkincr
giphy.gif

My son was young when Bob played. I used to always tell him that if he sees a player's head snap back, Bob was usually at the bottom of the pile.

giphy.gif

My son was young when Bob played. I used to always tell him that if he sees a player's head snap back, Bob was usually at the bottom of the pile.

I think this is the one where my old HS buddies from Michigan, who were MSU students, came out to stay over and crash for the game. Poor guys had a LONG walk back with me to my place afterwards.

interesting, I wonder if he had those dread locks at Iowa, because I have heard from somewhere players couldn't have dreadlocks or tattoos...

ADVERTISEMENT