ADVERTISEMENT

vikings

Not 100% sure on NFL rules but on the extra point after the crazy touchdown, did the Vikings QB just kneel down and then throw the ball in the air without being down by contact? Could the Saints scooped that up and returned it for for 6 or would it just been 2 points?

Not 100% sure on NFL rules but on the extra point after the crazy touchdown, did the Vikings QB just kneel down and then throw the ball in the air without being down by contact? Could the Saints scooped that up and returned it for for 6 or would it just been 2 points?
I believe since it was just the extra point try it would only be worth two points. If it were a field goal it would have been six.

Gary be like.....

anderson-7-16-2017.jpg

I thought you physically had be to touched down in the NFL.
i never see guys hurry to touch the qb as he kneels
there is likely something in the rules, I'd imagine(i'm no "rules expert" though)

I know PU did a fake kneel in their bowl game though, which I would think would be against the rules. Seems like it would put your player in danger when you are really going to kneel. They had better be ready to get hit :D

Reactions: Eternal Return
Saw the replay on tv asI am on an international trip and didn’t see the game. This will go down as one of the biggest playoff chokes ever. I guess the saints are the aunts again.

Saw the replay on tv asI am on an international trip and didn’t see the game. This will go down as one of the biggest playoff chokes ever. I guess the saints are the aunts again.

I certainly don't see it that way. It was a great pass from Keenum, and Diggs was two yards from getting out of bounds in time to kick the winning FG, at an acceptable distance. The defender was there early and got caught in between. If he goes for the ball and misses, which I think he would have, the receiver has a decent shot to get out of bounds. If he doesn't let up, there's almost a certain pass interference. Certainly, there was some luck on Minnesota's side, but the definitiveness of the throw from Keenum, and the ability of Diggs were both big factors in the end result.

I certainly don't see it that way. It was a great pass from Keenum, and Diggs was two yards from getting out of bounds in time to kick the winning FG, at an acceptable distance. The defender was there early and got caught in between. If he goes for the ball and misses, which I think he would have, the receiver has a decent shot to get out of bounds. If he doesn't let up, there's almost a certain pass interference. Certainly, there was some luck on Minnesota's side, but the definitiveness of the throw from Keenum, and the ability of Diggs were both big factors in the end result.
How dare you speak of my aunt like that.

No, defender just needs to keep his head up, wrap him, and he goes down with time expired. Don't overthink it. It was a blunder of epic proportions.

You had ONE JOB! Just tackle the bum! Now I have to cheer for the Eagles. :eek:
No you don't.

No, defender just needs to keep his head up, wrap him, and he goes down with time expired. Don't overthink it. It was a blunder of epic proportions.
Nope, that defender did exactly what he was suppose to do.........

Which was give the Vikings a chance to win and make all the other bitter Packers and Bears fans stay bitter.

Honestly, imho, it was the most successful postseason play in NFL history. :cool:

If he would have just kept his head up and wrapped his arm around Diggs that TD wouldn't have happened (maybe they'd have been in fg range, I don't remember if they had timeouts either or not).

But people seem to like to just try to do shoulder hits now. Lesson learned hopefully.

If he would have just kept his head up and wrapped his arm around Diggs that TD wouldn't have happened (maybe they'd have been in fg range, I don't remember if they had timeouts either or not).

But people seem to like to just try to do shoulder hits now. Lesson learned hopefully.

The Vikings did not have a TO. He was trying to avoid PI as he was there too early. If he had just done a form tackle, and if the official doesn't decide to sit on the call, the Vikings get to attempt a FG without needing a TO. Diggs had already drawn two PI penalties in the game, the second one with some ridiculous acting.

Last edited:
I have watched several replays...I believe he caught the ball with 4 seconds on the clock. The safety would have to wrap him up AND keep Diggs in bounds for time to expire...I think if he makes the tackle the
OST likely outcome is that Diggs goes out of bounds and there is time in the clock for a 50 (+/-) FG

My take anyway...

I have watched several replays...I believe he caught the ball with 4 seconds on the clock. The safety would have to wrap him up AND keep Diggs in bounds for time to expire...I think if he makes the tackle the
OST likely outcome is that Diggs goes out of bounds and there is time in the clock for a 50 (+/-) FG

My take anyway...
Wouldnt have to wrap him up. Keep your head up and drive your shoulder thru his legs while he's still in the air. Game over

The Vikings did not have a TO. He was trying to avoid PI as he was there too early. If he just done a form tackle, and if the official doesn't decide to sit on the call, the Vikings get to attempt a FG without needing a TO. Diggs had already drawn two PI penalties in the game, the second one with some ridiculous acting.
There was enough time for them to get the field goal unit onto the field? I thought there was around 4 seconds left but may be off.

There was enough time for them to get the field goal unit onto the field? I thought there was around 4 seconds left but may be off.

I think you are right about the 4ish seconds on the clock. It would be enough time for a FG attempt only if he gets out of bounds or if a PI penalty was called. If they called PI, that would place the ball at the spot of the foul and stop the clock, no? The game can't end on a penalty.

That is my contention--that Marcus Williams looked like he was going to hit Diggs early so he changed his path to avoid the PI penalty. He said something that may or may not be consistent with that in his post game interview, that he was early. I'm just saying that it might not have been as simple as making a form tackle, because if he continues into Diggs there may be a PI penalty and time to set up for the kick.

Last edited:
If the clock is stopped then yea.

People are over-thinking this thing way too much.

They should be focusing on ways to make the Eagles play more like the 1969 Browns, the 1973 Cowboys, the 1975 Rams, and the 1976 Rams..................and less like the 1977 Cowboys, 1987 Redskins, 1998 Falcons, 2000 Giants, and 2009 Saints.

Figure that puzzle out first. Thank you.

I think you are right about the 4ish seconds on the clock. It would be enough time for a FG attempt only if he gets out of bounds or if a PI penalty was called. If they called PI, that would place the ball at the spot of the foul and stop the clock, no? The game can't end on a penalty.

That is my contention--that Marcus Williams looked like he was going to hit Diggs early so he changed his path to avoid the PI penalty. He said something that may or may not be consistent with that in his post game interview, that he was early. I'm just saying that it might not have been as simple as making a form tackle, because if he continues into Diggs there may be a PI penalty and time to set up for the kick.
Ah gotcha. That makes sense, there are a number of things that could have happened. He was close to the line, may have gone out if tackled. I guess we'll never know what would have happened and just that it was a final play for the ages.

Last edited:
If the clock is stopped then yea.

People are over-thinking this thing way too much.

They should be focusing on ways to make the Eagles play more like the 1969 Browns, the 1973 Cowboys, the 1975 Rams, and the 1976 Rams..................and less like the 1977 Cowboys, 1987 Redskins, 1998 Falcons, 2000 Giants, and 2009 Saints.

Figure that puzzle out first. Thank you.
Jokes on you, I'm poor at problem solving and puzzles because I'm stupid. Puzzle not solved and you thanked me for nothing. Boom.

Why do I do this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT