ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia governor in favor of executing babies after birth

It's just shocking to me that these tweets either are effective on his base or he thinks that they might be. It's just difficult to imagine being a normal, functioning adult, who also is also conservative/Republican and then realize that this message is supposed to resonate with me?

I suspect those types of people do their best to ignore or never become aware of what Trump says or does.

This morning on WTOP’s “Ask The Governor,” Virginia governor Ralph Northam defended the new abortion bill introduced by state Democrats this month, the Repeal Act, which would legalize abortion up to the point of birth.

The interviewer brought up Monday’s committee hearing, during which Democratic delegate Kathy Tran, the chief sponsor of the bill, stated that her legislation would allow a woman to receive an abortion even while she was going into labor. The host then asked Northam whether he supports the bill and asked him to explain Tran’s comment.

“This is why decisions such as this should be made by providers, physicians, and the mothers and fathers that are involved,” Northam said. “When we talk about third-trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of obviously the mother, with the consent of the physician — more than one physician, by the way — and it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that’s non-viable.”

Northam is either unaware of the specifics of the bill, or he’s lying about them. Tran’s legislation explicitly removes the current requirement that three physicians agree that a woman is in need of a late-term abortion. The new bill would require only the consent of the mother and of the physician performing the abortion. But he went on to say something even more heinous.

“If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen,” he continued. “The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
blindfold-and-last-cigarette.jpg

This morning on WTOP’s “Ask The Governor,” Virginia governor Ralph Northam defended the new abortion bill introduced by state Democrats this month, the Repeal Act, which would legalize abortion up to the point of birth.

The interviewer brought up Monday’s committee hearing, during which Democratic delegate Kathy Tran, the chief sponsor of the bill, stated that her legislation would allow a woman to receive an abortion even while she was going into labor. The host then asked Northam whether he supports the bill and asked him to explain Tran’s comment.

“This is why decisions such as this should be made by providers, physicians, and the mothers and fathers that are involved,” Northam said. “When we talk about third-trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of obviously the mother, with the consent of the physician — more than one physician, by the way — and it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that’s non-viable.”

Northam is either unaware of the specifics of the bill, or he’s lying about them. Tran’s legislation explicitly removes the current requirement that three physicians agree that a woman is in need of a late-term abortion. The new bill would require only the consent of the mother and of the physician performing the abortion. But he went on to say something even more heinous.

“If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen,” he continued. “The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”
This sounds like a case where the child is not able to survive without extreme measures. If the child were alive at birth, why would it be necessary for the mother to request resuscitation? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's the right for the parents to refuse treatment for a baby that is unlikely to survive on it's own. That seems like something that should be left up to the parents, not the state.

This sounds like a case where the child is not able to survive without extreme measures. If the child were alive at birth, why would it be necessary for the mother to request resuscitation? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's the right for the parents to refuse treatment for a baby that is unlikely to survive on it's own. That seems like something that should be left up to the parents, not the state.
no its a case of killing a newborn baby if the mother/family decide according to psycho ralph northam

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79
I got something to say..I killed your baby today. Doest matter much to me as long its dead.

It's just shocking to me that these tweets either are effective on his base or he thinks that they might be. It's just difficult to imagine being a normal, functioning adult, who also is also conservative/Republican and then realize that this message is supposed to resonate with me?

I suspect those types of people do their best to ignore or never become aware of what Trump says or does.
His tweet dog whistles are thoroughly tested. It baffles me why they work, but the cons eat the warnings up.

Republicans hate big intrusive government unless it’s your right to marry the any adult you want, the right to your own body (especially if you have a uterus), right to life if wrongly convicted by a flawed justice system, right to be protected from your harasser buying a gun, your right your right to vote if you have paid your debt to society after being convicted by a flawed justice system, ...They just hate big government that benefits any poor people.

Last edited:
no its a case of killing a newborn baby if the mother/family decide according to psycho ralph northam

If the child is unlikely to survive on its own. A judgement call the child's survival is virtually none as well as the quality of life beyond. So, your simplistic table banging is typical of non-objective personalities.

ADVERTISEMENT