ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia lawmaker jailed for teen sex scandal wins state Senate seat

SillFontaine

HB All-State
Aug 19, 2019
A former Virginia lawmaker who made headlines after being accused of having sex with his teenage secretary has won a Senate seat.

Democrat Joe Morrissey won the senate seat for the 16th District in Tuesday night's election.

He faced off against Independent Waylin Ross and got more than 60 percent of the votes. Morrissey was jailed four years ago after the sex scandal involving his secretary.

He denied wrongdoing but entered an Alford plea to a misdemeanor, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, acknowledging that prosecutors had enough evidence for a conviction.

Goes to show that Virginia will elect anything to office.

A former Virginia lawmaker who made headlines after being accused of having sex with his teenage secretary has won a Senate seat.

Democrat Joe Morrissey won the senate seat for the 16th District in Tuesday night's election.

He faced off against Independent Waylin Ross and got more than 60 percent of the votes. Morrissey was jailed four years ago after the sex scandal involving his secretary.

He denied wrongdoing but entered an Alford plea to a misdemeanor, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, acknowledging that prosecutors had enough evidence for a conviction.

The Tolerant Left Folks...

Ooh, ooh! Let’s play a game! Guess who this was talking about Miss Teen USA Pageants:

“Before a show, I’ll go backstage and everyone’s getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” he said. “You know, I’m inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good.”

“You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody okay?’” he continued. “And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that.”

Reactions: Torg
There is a disturbing lack of pics in this thread....

(18+ of course)

Funny you say that. I went to a reputable source, and found the girl was 18 when they did the deed. The Alford plea was entered for possession of pics she sent to his phone just before she turned 18. Of course OPs source purposefully fails to mention that.

Reactions: BioHawk
Funny you say that. I went to a reputable source, and found the girl was 18 when they did the deed. The Alford plea was entered for possession of pics she sent to his phone just before she turned 18. Of course OPs source purposefully fails to mention that.

“Just before she turned 18” nice way to try and mitigate his actions.

Roy Moore says... "Hold My Beer".

I've got jungle fever, she's got jungle fever
We've got jungle fever, we're in love

joe-morrissey.jpeg

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Was his fling consensual? If so, I have no problem with it.

Unless he wore blackface* while doing the dirty: then you really would start to question his character :p

*jk - it’s Virginia. OF COURSE he was wearing blackface.

Reactions: Jan Itor
Ooh, ooh! Let’s play a game! Guess who this was talking about Miss Teen USA Pageants:

“Before a show, I’ll go backstage and everyone’s getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” he said. “You know, I’m inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good.”

“You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody okay?’” he continued. “And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that.”

But I thought the word on this forum was GOP accepts them and Dems reject them.

So you're saying he new she was 17 when he received the pics? What did he do wit the pics?

does he have to now go out of the room when kids come visit him at the capitol building ? or if he visits a school? is he a registered sex offender?
Roy Moore didn't get elected in a Red State.
well that's because they bussed in people from blue states , I am guessing they did this in Kentucky and virginia as well the other day

Reactions: SIXERS24
does he have to now go out of the room when kids come visit him at the capitol building ? or if he visits a school? is he a registered sex offender?

well that's because they bussed in people from blue states , I am guessing they did this in Kentucky and virginia as well the other day

Where's the dislike button?

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
You libs are so predictable. You’d all be losing your minds if it was a republican. You like to claim to be, but none of you are any better then what you accuse the right of being.
Pardon me for not caring much about a single *state* senate seat in Virginia.

Moore won the GOP primary, so Republicans were MORE than willing to have him in elected office.

Same difference.

Yes, but there were three GOP candidates, I believe, and he didn't win by an overwhelming margin.

And I'd wager good money a lot of GOP voters either didn't vote in the general or voted democrat.

But yes, enough voters pick him for some godawful reason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT