ADVERTISEMENT

VOTE: How many REG SEASON wins for Iowa? Rank the Sched Starting w/ Most Likely Loss to Least Likely

Right now, how many Reg Season wins do you see for Iowa?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
July 8 Edit: Just to spice it up a bit, rank all 12 games, from most likely a loss to least likely a loss.

The schedule is at the end of the post.

Iowa State, Wisconsin, Northwestern and Nebraska are all at home. Something tells me we break through, finally, against Wisconsin.

But will we lay a turd on the road against a team like Minny, IU or Purdue?

I think this team has the potential for 10 wins.

What do you think, right now?

Time
Sep 1 vs
nns.png
Northern Illinois 2:30 PM CDT
BTN, BTN+

Sep 8 vs
IowaState_70x70.png
Iowa St. 4:00 PM CDT
FOX

Sep 15 vs
NorthernIowa+%281%29.png
Northern Iowa 6:30 PM CDT
BTN, BTN+

Sep 22 vs
wwo.png
Wisconsin Time: TBD

-----------------------------------
Bye Week--Sep 29
-----------------------------------

Oct 6 @
mmn.png
Minnesota Time: TBD

Oct 13 @
iie.png
Indiana 11:00 AM CDT

Oct 20 vs
Maryland-70.png
Maryland 11:00 AM CDT

Oct 27 @
ppb.png
Penn St. Time: TBD

Nov 3 @
Purdue-Boilermakers_70.png
Purdue Time: TBD

Nov 10 vs
Northwestern_70_copy.png
Northwestern Time: TBD

Nov 17 @
illinois_fighting_illini-2014.png
Illinois Time: TBD

Nov 23 vs
nnd.png
Nebraska 11:00 AM CST
FOX

Last edited:
Reactions: r448chlpo
I find it hard to gauge our win total with all of the variables. Some position groups are green, others experienced. Also hard to know if game changing playmakers will develop or not. I'm expecting 8-9 wins right now.

See losses to UW, IU and PSU unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong but it would be better than KF's favorite number 7.5.

I see 9-3 losses to wisky and psu and then take your pick for one flub in the tub. With the new redshirt rule hopefully kirk gets some time for the back up quarterbacks in the non conf in case nate gets injured.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wadzinator
I’d be really disappointed with fewer than 9 wins. It would mean we’re losing to teams we should beat. The B1G West won’t be down forever - gotta take advantage.
I agree; Penn State is probably a loss;we will be a dog to Wisky; but who else is a "likely" loss?

i think we should expect a 9 or 10 win regular season, and that just might win the West

Reactions: chubby bunny
I hate how we all just account for 1 piss the bed game. I'm going to say 10-2. "We" split PSU/wiscy and piss the bed against IsU or debra.

I'm on 8-4.

Lose to either ISU or Wisconsin to start the year 3-1 and quite possibly 2-2. I think posters here are really underestimating ISU for what it's worth, and we all know it is the one game the Clones want more than any other.

Penn State, Purdue, Northwestern - all tough games too. And by the end of the year will Nebraska be coming together or folding, I don't know. I think 8-4 is a distinct possibility, but could be talked into anything from 7-5 to 11-1 quite honestly.

See losses to UW, IU and PSU unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong but it would be better than KF's favorite number 7.5.
I would add Northwestern and Purdue to the losses. Logic tells us that they beat Iowa last year and pre-season tells us they are better than last year. So, will Iowa have improved more? If not they should be considered as losses.

I would add Northwestern and Purdue to the losses. Logic tells us that they beat Iowa last year and pre-season tells us they are better than last year. So, will Iowa have improved more? If not they should be considered as losses.

I don't recall any of your personal predictions for Nebraska for this fall, but based on your logic, I assume you don't anticipate they'll be any better than 5-7. If you ever made a prediction for a 6+ win season like a majority of your brethren, then your "logic" don't mean sh*t.

I don't recall any of your personal predictions for Nebraska for this fall, but based on your logic, I assume you don't anticipate they'll be any better than 5-7. If you ever made a prediction for a 6+ win season like a majority of your brethren, then your "logic" don't mean sh*t.
My logic tells me they will be around 5-7 but it don't mean sh*t so they will probable be 8-4

Let's face it - Iowa is not premier, and they do not suck. They are in the middle somewhere between being ranked 20th or 60th. The margin for error is small. A key penalty, turnover or missed FG can be the difference when playing ISU, NW, Minny & PU. I think Iowa is better than those teams, but I don't think they will win them all.

I see 10 wins against an easier schedule than last year (Jon Miller, for example, tweeted out several guys that ranked last year's schedule as top 5-10 overall, post-season). I'm not sure we'll be a better team than last year, but I expect we'll see more wins.

I do, however, think there is a chance we'll be a better team. How healthy are we? How many growing pains do the new LBs experience and when? Do the receivers step up another level? How good are our guards? How good is the combination of IKM and Toren Young?

If we get favorable answers to the health question and a handful of others, we could be significantly improved and the ceiling is 12-0. If not, I see it as a push from last year, which is probably 10 wins against this schedule.

And, if we get unlucky *enough* with injuries, the floor is probably 7-8 wins vs this schedule.

Reactions: Franisdaman
you got your head stuck in Badger butt if you're rooting for anything less than 12-0, imo.

Agreed let’s go hawk fans where’s the optimism? Sure we have uncertainty at LB’s,DB’s, and the Oline but really how different is that from previous years our recruiting is on the rise and set for the next 4+ years... remember when we had Morris and company as freshmen, then Jewell and company? We’ll lose 2 games this year and be pretty darn good the next 3 our coaching staff are the ones who will push us over the edge, I have faith they will complete the mission.

Reactions: HoustonHawkeye
I'll call it right now. Iowa does goofy stuff during the season. Un-pre-dick-table, and I am no pre-Madonna. Iowa loses to ISU, beats Wisconsin, beats Penn St. loses to Purdue and Nebraska. Iowa finishes 9 and 3. Goes to the Outback Bowl and loses to LSU. 9 and 4.

I'll call it right now. Iowa does goofy stuff during the season. Un-pre-dick-table, and I am no pre-Madonna. Iowa loses to ISU, beats Wisconsin, beats Penn St. loses to Purdue and Nebraska. Iowa finishes 9 and 3. Goes to the Outback Bowl and loses to LSU. 9 and 4.

Nuhthang wood suhprize mi soh Y knot?

9-4

Reactions: DEREKoh2
There's an interesting bell curve forming around 9 wins. I think anything less than 9 would be a huge disappointment based on the overall schedule.

Just to spice it up a bit, rank all 12 games, from most likely a loss to least likely a loss.

Again, the schedule (in game order) to copy, paste, and re-order:

N Illinois
Iowa State
UNI
Wisconsin
AT Minnesota
AT Indiana
Maryland
AT Penn State
AT Purdue
Northwestern
AT Illinois
Nebraska

Last edited:
Just to spice it up a bit, rank all 12 games, from most likely a loss to least likely a loss.

Again, the schedule to copy, paste, and re-order:

N Illinois
Iowa State
UNI
Wisconsin
@Minnesota
@Indiana
Maryland
@Penn State
@Purdue
Northwestern
@Illinois
Nebraska
at first, I thought that was your order ^

Wisconsin
@Penn State
Northwestern

@Purdue
Iowa State
Maryland

Nebraska
@Minnesota
@Indiana

@Illinois
N Illinois
UNI

When I make this list, it makes me realize how far Nebby has fallen.

AT Penn State--MOST LIKELY LOSS
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Iowa State
AT Purdue
AT Indiana
AT Minnesota (mostly because its a rivalry game)
Nebraska
Maryland
AT Illinois
N Illinois
UNI--LEAST LIKELY LOSS

Last edited:
Reactions: r448chlpo
I think Iowa gets 8 wins and people will be thinking it should have been more like 10. Schedule is set up for a run but I see a couple clunkers. Betting on the over 7.5 myself .

at first, I thought that was your order ^

Wisconsin
@Penn State
Northwestern

@Purdue
Iowa State
Maryland

Nebraska
@Minnesota
@Indiana

@Illinois
N Illinois
UNI
This season could get really interesting.

The home schedule is favorable.

The road games?

We have just one tough road game (Penn State), imo. The Minnesota game is always tricky at TCF Stadium, but the under 50,000 crowd will have a lot of Iowa fans; we won't be facing hostile crowds in the other 3 road games--Purdue, IU, Illinois.

Look what Iowa did with a favorable schedule just 3 years ago. 12-0.

GO HAWKS!!!

Reactions: mrF6n6

The road games?

We have just one tough road game (Penn State), imo. The Minnesota game is always tricky at TCF Stadium, but the under 50,000 crowd will have a lot of Iowa fans; we won't be facing hostile crowds in the other 3 road games--Purdue, IU, Illinois.

GO HAWKS!!!
That would be great but with huge question marks at LB / WR / OL / P 12-0 seems as likely as 4-8 , but that's just me .

The road games?

GO HAWKS!!!

I'm not a big believer in home field advantage... it still comes down to one team scoring more points than the other team...
it is nice that we have Wisconsin at home...
to me, this game will set the stage for the rest of the season.

Minnesota scored Zero points their last 2 games... I don't like to undervalue anybody... but... if we beat Wisconsin, we're gonna beat Minnesota.

just like Nebraska... don't want to undervalue them...
but lets face it... UCF has been a strong program for a long time now...
what Scott Frost did was keep the status quo.

January 1, 2014 UCF beat #6 Ranked Baylor Bears in the Fiesta Bowl...
and Scott Frost had absolutely nothing to do with it.

that game against Purdue, however, will be one to watch out for...
Jeff Brohm is the real deal....
lets hope Iowa can win the West again before Purdue does.

Northwestern has beaten us 2 times in a row... can't count them out either.

but Nebraska Illinois Minnesota... I expect Iowa to wipe the floor with their rear ends.

Iowa vs Iowa State will also be particularly interesting.... it could be the first of 2 games against one another this coming season.

Reactions: GeorgeHonza
I'm not a big believer in home field advantage... it still comes down to one team scoring more points than the other team...

Minnesota scored Zero points their last 2 games... I don't like to undervalue anybody... but... if we beat Wisconsin, we're gonna beat Minnesota.

but Nebraska Illinois Minnesota... I expect Iowa to wipe the floor with their rear ends.

Iowa vs Iowa State will also be particularly interesting.... it could be the first of 2 games against one another this coming season.
Huh...no way we play isu twice this season. No bowl game would have such a match-up.

Reactions: Jim4edwards
Looks like most think we will have anywhere between 7 to 10 wins

Yikes.
When I make this list, it makes me realize how far Nebby has fallen.

Wisconsin
Northwestern
Iowa State
AT Purdue
AT Indiana
AT Minnesota (mostly because its a rivalry game)
Nebraska
Maryland
AT Illinois
N Illinois
UNI--LEAST LIKELY LOSS

When I read your list, it makes me realize how far your IQ has fallen. Iowa State, Purdue, Northwestern, and Indiana ahead of Nebraska? LOL! Maybe you haven't heard, Mike Riley is no longer the coach. You poor silly sap.

Reactions: huskerfan 67

0-12 to 13-0 in two years is keeping the status quo?? LOL, you're a piece of work!

9-3

Wisconsin
Northwestern
Iowa State
AT Minnesota
AT Purdue
AT Indiana
Nebraska
Maryland
AT Illinois
N Illinois
UNI--LEAST LIKELY LOSS

9-3

Wisconsin
Northwestern
Iowa State
AT Minnesota
AT Purdue
AT Indiana
Nebraska
Maryland
AT Illinois
N Illinois
UNI--LEAST LIKELY LOSS
I'd flip Wisconsin and Penn State, flip Northwestern and Iowa State, and flip Illinois and N. Illinois, but this is a very good list.

9-3

Wisconsin
Northwestern
Iowa State
AT Minnesota
AT Purdue
AT Indiana
Nebraska
Maryland
AT Illinois
N Illinois
UNI--LEAST LIKELY LOSS

Rut, roh! You have Nebraska 5th from the bottom, just like me! Look for @Hoosker Du to question your IQ and to call you a "poor silly sap."

Gotta love these trolls coming from other boards!

Reactions: Blackleaf40
I voted for 8 wins.

7 wins = meh year

UNI
Northern Illinois
at Illinois
Maryland
at Indiana
at Purdue
at Minnesota

8 = Solid year

Iowa State

9 wins = Good year

Nebraska

10 = Great year

Northwestern

11 = Amazing year

at Penn State

12 = Going blind from rubbing one out while re-watching the games on DVR from the end of the bowl game until September 2019 year

Wisconsin

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT