ADVERTISEMENT

VOTE: Which team wins the B1G West? 47% of You picked IOWA, 40% Wisconsin, 5% Purdue, 4% Nebraska, 3% Minnesota, 1% Northwestern. Poll closed Oct 24

Which team wins the B1G West?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
EiSSYlDWkAcwSHo

Last edited:
I will be surprised if it’s not Wisconsin....heart says Iowa but everything my head screams wisky.

A win over Wisconsin would be really, really sweet this year....great early Christmas present. Especially if it’s for the west title.

Wisky is done this year with no Taylor, Cepheus, or a majority of their defense. Iowa has to do it this year or we will never do it with KF again.
Badgers return 9 starters on defense and 18 in 2 deep on that side of the ball.
3 starters on OL and 5 who have started games
QB, TE, and 2 WR
Taylor and Cephus are big losses, but a veteran team in 2020
Just the facts

Wisconsin has played in 6/9 BIG title games by my count. We want to be the best of the West , it goes through Wisconsin
This. Until we start winning the close games with Bucky its their crown. We need to take it from them. Until we do its a badgers at the top of any conversation...

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
Wisky is done this year with no Taylor, Cepheus, or a majority of their defense. Iowa has to do it this year or we will never do it with KF again.

Agree, we typically do good with first year qb's that just let it loose and don't overthink turnovers. Hope that's the case this year. If Petras is the real deal then we should be salty!!!

For the longest time, the Nebraska fans were like “We don’t settle for mediocrity- if you’re not playing for the national title, you’re irrelevant.”

Now, they are all complaining about having to play OSU and Penn State and getting screwed with their schedule. Sounds like a fan base that hopes to eek out a winning season rather than compete for a natty.

Oh how the mighty hath fallen.

Note below that Little Debbie AD Moos wanted the West Champion determined by the 6 division games only. I wonder why??? LOL ;)

Oh, and as you can see, he sought fairness in who they play and when. I am assuming he wanted Rutgers for game #1.

All 3 of his ideas for the schedule were REJECTED. Poor Little Debbie.

The Hawks are capable of winning big games. They need to prove that they can win the crucial games.
Can't wait to see what Petras does in game #1. He has so many weapons at his disposal. Will BF put him and the offense in a position to succeed? Will we see a continuance of what we saw in the Holiday Bowl?

Note below that Little Debbie AD Moos wanted the West Champion determined by the 6 division games only. I wonder why??? LOL ;)

Oh, and as you can see, he sought fairness in who they play and when. I am assuming he wanted Rutgers for game #1.

All 3 of his ideas for the schedule were REJECTED. Poor Little Debbie.

Maybe he did achieve goal #3 by avoiding games against Purdue and Indiana, against whom the Huskers are 0-3 over the past two seasons.

My sentiments exactly.

the synergistic effects of Rondale Moore (assumedly he will come back) and that other guy are scary. I think Purdue could blow the top off of a lot of teams, including us, quite frankly.
Woohoo. Purdue love! Stoked for the season! I will say. On offense, Purdue lost its TE and RG from last year's offense. Last year, once sindelar and rondale went down, they had a freshman QB, RB, WR1-3, RT, and backup TE. Offense could be a lot of fun. Defense? They return a lot and have the pieces to run a 3-4. That's about all I have to say about that for now.

Maybe he did achieve goal #3 by avoiding games against Purdue and Indiana, against whom the Huskers are 0-3 over the past two seasons.

Woohoo. Purdue love! Stoked for the season! I will say. On offense, Purdue lost its TE and RG from last year's offense. Last year, once sindelar and rondale went down, they had a freshman QB, RB, WR1-3, RT, and backup TE. Offense could be a lot of fun. Defense? They return a lot and have the pieces to run a 3-4. That's about all I have to say about that for now.
Remember when Frosty said that Purdue was a winnable game in 2018?

This has to be the year as many have stated and just MAYBE there will be fans in the stadium by then.. all depends. I like our chances I just hope Petras doesn’t run like he’s stuck in mud or it could be a long year or he has some quicks as he doesn’t need to be fast just a quick and accurate thrower ..for some teams like Wisconsin and PSU I think we need to use a little more of the shotgun but hopefully by then he has his timing somewhat down. All he needs to be is accurate and let the wideouts do they’re job getting separation as we definitely have one of the best WR groups in the BIG.. probably for sure in the West Division

Yeah Boiler, that's the question I have about them (the defense). I don't see how Purdue doesn't score quite a few points. The crossovers give them a game advantage over every other contending team in the West.

Yeah Boiler, that's the question I have about them (the defense). I don't see how Purdue doesn't score quite a few points. The crossovers give them a game advantage over every other contending team in the West.
Ya. Not the greatest year to try and install a new defense. Granted, they had 8 spring practices, but a lot of missed time this fall. Plenty of book time and walk-throughs I guess. Can't be worse than last year, right?

ADVERTISEMENT