ADVERTISEMENT

Voters switch lopsidedly to GOP, in warning for Dems...

When people are motivated by fear, most of it stoked by propaganda and outright lies, Fascism always wins.

not even progressives like the dem establishment since it is just pro corporate Republican lite (minus the violence and fascism).

the social issues are on the side of the progressives. In 1997 27% supported gay marriage and same pew research poll this year put it at 70%. 61% now support abortion rights. Etc.

party registrations don’t tell the whole story. Independents are larger every year last I read.
Social issues are trumped by economic issues every time.

Funny you bring this up now. One of these vampires started recruiting my 20 year old stepson with Asperger’s. The psychological manipulation, and yes, the depending on family to get started, are hallmarks of evil. And with his condition, he is “stuck” on absolutely believing in it and can’t be swayed.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A political shift is beginning to take hold across the U.S. as tens of thousands of suburban voters who helped fuel the Democratic Party’s gains in recent years are becoming Republicans.

Across 31 states, about two-thirds of voters who have switched their official party registrations in the past year have switched to the Republican Party, according to voter registration data analyzed by The Associated Press. The phenomenon is playing out in virtually every region of the country — Democratic and Republican states along with cities and small towns — in the period since President Joe Biden replaced former President Donald Trump.

Nowhere is the shift more pronounced — and dangerous for Democrats — than in the suburbs. Over the last year, far more people are switching to the GOP across suburban counties from Denver to Pittsburgh. Republicans also gained ground in counties around medium-size cities such as Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; Raleigh, North Carolina; and Des Moines, Iowa.

Ben Smith, who lives in suburban Larimer County, Colorado, north of Denver, said he reluctantly registered as a Republican earlier in the year after becoming increasingly concerned about the Democrats’ support in some localities for mandatory COVID-19 vaccines, the party’s inability to quell violent crime and its frequent focus on racial justice.

“It’s more so a rejection of the left than embracing the right,” said Smith, a 37-year-old professional counselor whose transition away from the Democratic Party began five or six years ago when he registered as a libertarian.

The AP examined data from the 31 states in which voters explicitly register by political party and which make that information available to the public. Across those states, nearly 680,000 voters changed their registrations in the past year, according to L2, a political data firm.

While party switching is not uncommon, the data shows a definite reversal from the period while Trump was in office, when Democrats enjoyed a slight edge in the number of party switchers nationwide.

But over the last year, about 430,000 voters in those states shifted to the Republican Party, compared with about 240,000 who became Democrats. In another 12 states — including the electoral battlegrounds of Texas, Ohio and Virginia — L2 estimates each voter’s party affiliation using records of voting in primary elections or statistical modeling. Those estimates, based on information such as demographics, local voting patterns and registered voter surveys, suggest that the same pattern is playing out in these states, too, with roughly two-thirds of voters whose affiliations changed in the past year moving toward the Republican Party.

The migration of hundreds of thousands of voters, a small portion of the overall U.S. electorate, does not ensure widespread Republican success in the November midterm elections, which will determine control of Congress and dozens of governorships. Democrats are hoping the Supreme Court’s decision earlier this summer to overrule Roe v. Wade will energize supporters, particularly in the suburbs, ahead of the midterms.

Still, the details about party switchers present a warning for Democrats who were already concerned about the macro effects shaping the political landscape this fall.

Roughly four months before Election Day, Democrats have no clear strategy to address Biden’s weak popularity and voters’ overwhelming fear that the country is headed in the wrong direction with their party in charge. And while Republicans have offered few policy solutions of their own, the GOP has been working effectively to capitalize on the Democrats’ shortcomings.

Republicans benefited last year as suburban parents grew increasingly frustrated by prolonged pandemic-related school closures. And as inflation intensified more recently, the Republican National Committee has been hosting voter registration events at gas stations in suburban areas across swing states like Arizona, Michigan, Nevada and Pennsylvania to link the Biden administration to record-high gas prices. The GOP has also linked the Democratic president to an ongoing baby formula shortage.

“Biden and Democrats are woefully out of touch with the American people, and that’s why voters are flocking to the Republican Party in droves,” RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel told the AP. She predicted that “American suburbs will trend red for cycles to come” because of “Biden’s gas hike, the open border crisis, baby formula shortage and rising crime.”

They had new Iowa voter registration stats on the news a couple days back. It was a bloodbath in favor of Republicans.

So many people who didn’t vote for Biden were nonetheless hopeful he’d continue to govern as a somewhat moderate deal maker as demonstrated over his Senate career. But sadly - for the country and for the Democratic Party - he hasn’t shown that trait as POTUS.
The progressive wing of the party have pushed too hard and once again gotten “over their skis”. There is a method to their “madness” but as of right now America is still going to push back.

Max inclusion for everyone, abortions, pronouns and firing everyone for an increased myocarditis risk.

Not like that effort is cutting into the really important things... like keeping planes on the actual boats.

A lot of this is people clamoring to have a say in voting against the loons that have taken hold of the Republican Party. Hell, if I was in rural Iowa, I would switch to Republican to primary the crazies.

Well that was a mile wide and an inch deep.
Stick to copy and paste from the twitterverse.
Votes for Republicans are votes for fascism. Period. They tell us this every day. Sadly, we will all be living in it most likely. You already do in Florida. Your governor is NOT to be questioned. My governor in Iowa is NOT to be questioned. They are scummy humans, in it for the wealthy, attack anybody who speaks out against them...evil. We have about 4 months for people to figure this out and if they don't, American democracy is over in 2024. Out of curiosity, are you going to be fine with living in America when ONLY Republicans are ALLOWED to win the White House? Is that really the country you want to live in? Again, if I am wrong in 3 years please throw this post back at me and I will gladly eat it.

Votes for Republicans are votes for fascism. Period. They tell us this every day. Sadly, we will all be living in it most likely. You already do in Florida. Your governor is NOT to be questioned. My governor in Iowa is NOT to be questioned. They are scummy humans, in it for the wealthy, attack anybody who speaks out against them...evil. We have about 4 months for people to figure this out and if they don't, American democracy is over in 2024. Out of curiosity, are you going to be fine with living in America when ONLY Republicans are ALLOWED to win the White House? Is that really the country you want to live in? Again, if I am wrong in 3 years please throw this post back at me and I will gladly eat it.

tl;dr American voters defy odds and make more poor decisions
We are truly the dumbest populace in the world. Last call to read this - because it's going to be off the shelves in a few years -
d3211adf-452a-4111-8e7e-0ffa3973a8c1.ffd0b8dfd910b8c4afe1173d3383d732.jpeg

So many people who didn’t vote for Biden were nonetheless hopeful he’d continue to govern as a somewhat moderate deal maker as demonstrated over his Senate career. But sadly - for the country and for the Democratic Party - he hasn’t shown that trait as POTUS.
The progressive wing of the party have pushed too hard and once again gotten “over their skis”. There is a method to their “madness” but as of right now America is still going to push back.
What progressive policies has he passed and please explain how people like AOC are worse than Marjorie Taylor Greene, for example?

Reactions: Huey Grey and Moral
Typical part of the political cycle IMO.

What makes me nervous is once R’s have complete control, they could essentially install systems that ensure they never lose again. Gerrymandering, restrictive voting laws, friendly SCOTUS that doesn’t believe in federal government, etc. The Kasichs and McCains are long gone, Mitch and Chuck aren’t far behind. The firebrands are in control now.

To be fair, Dems need to nominate better candidates and have much better messaging.
This is EXACTLY what the Republican plan is. It's not an "if". They are doing it now and are not going to make the mistakes of 2020. If the Democrats lose the House in November, we're toast. Jim Jordan...Speaker of the House. Good God.

People aren't going to vote for social issues when they have to go to freaking Mexico to get baby formula.
And what party votes against alleviate this? REPUBLICANS!!! How do you not see that everything they bitch about they vote against trying to fix? They want things to suck so they can regain power and never give it up. 2 chances to lower gas prices...Republicans voted against it. Baby formula? Republicans voted against it. Lowering prescription drug prices? Republicans voted against it.

Explain to me how you are voting in your best interests. You're not. Like we continually tell you.

Yay….all in for fascism
You say these words, I don't think they mean what you think they mean...

a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

That sounds an awful lot like Biden nominating a supreme court justice based solely on race and gender or his press secretary for that matter... forcing unlawful and unconstitutional vaccine mandates and getting companies to do the work he simply couldn't. A ministry of truth to tell us what's fact and what's not... facebook jail, twitter jail etc. The left owns fascism...

Typical part of the political cycle IMO.

What makes me nervous is once R’s have complete control, they could essentially install systems that ensure they never lose again. Gerrymandering, restrictive voting laws, friendly SCOTUS that doesn’t believe in federal government, etc. The Kasichs and McCains are long gone, Mitch and Chuck aren’t far behind. The firebrands are in control now.

To be fair, Dems need to nominate better candidates and have much better messaging.
dictators want more federal government. The good people of Wyoming don't need the same laws, restrictions, etc as people in NYC. That darn document known as the constitution actually grants the power to the states.

a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

That sounds an awful lot like Biden nominating a supreme court justice based solely on race and gender or his press secretary for that matter... forcing unlawful and unconstitutional vaccine mandates and getting companies to do the work he simply couldn't. A ministry of truth to tell us what's fact and what's not... facebook jail, twitter jail etc. The left owns fascism...
Weird, to me it sounded like the GOP platform to agree with everything Trump wants and to support him trying to overthrow the government after he lost.

Reactions: sob5 and Tom Paris
dictators want more federal government. The good people of Wyoming don't need the same laws, restrictions, etc as people in NYC. That darn document known as the constitution actually grants the power to the states.
You are describing Trump and the modern GOP. They are openly saying they will pass federal bans on abortion if they get in charge. Rs don't give two shits about local rights.

What progressive policies has he passed and please explain how people like AOC are worse than Marjorie Taylor Greene, for example?

You'll get no real response. Best case you'll get some dumbass 'zing' from Trad then gold will be along to 'like' it. You don't see one without the other in these types of threads. Reply #2 for example. Yea yea Trad you tell them radical, progressive dems.

You are describing Trump and the modern GOP. They are openly saying they will pass federal bans on abortion if they get in charge. Rs don't give two shits about local rights.
you guys had 50 years to lock down Roe... but you were too busy talking about safe and RARE... then somewhere it all changed to kill all the babies.

you guys had 50 years to lock down Roe... but you were too busy talking about safe and RARE... then somewhere it all changed to kill all the babies.
Nope they had a handful of months tops of Filibuster proof majority but at that time even more Conservative Dems wouldn't have supported it. Why don't you blame the useless GOP all in on not allowing this in 50 years?

Reactions: KFsdisciple
You'll get no real response. Best case you'll get some dumbass 'zing' from Trad then gold will be along to 'like' it. You don't see one without the other in these types of threads. Reply #2 for example. Yea yea Trad you tell them radical, progressive dems.
I’m just bullheaded hoping they get this stuff figured out before it actually happens. I know they won’t. Trad won’t get it until they rip insurance away from smokers.

Reactions: Hawked
Nope they had a handful of months tops of Filibuster proof majority but at that time even more Conservative Dems wouldn't have supported it. Why don't you blame the useless GOP all in on not allowing this in 50 years?
Oh I do... the only party that hates republicans more than the democrats is the republican establishment party. Its why I love RDS... dude just goes out and does the stuff Trump would only poop tweet about.

They both suck but the Republicans take the cake for being the biggest dumbasses of the two. I’m embarrassed to see them still bowing at the feet of Donald Trump.

For them not to see he only cares about himself and no one else is just utterly amazing. I wouldn’t step within 100’ of that pos.
This is the wild thing to me. They've had so many reasons and so much time now to separate themselves from him....and they just don't. He's a cancer and I have no clue why most of them don't see that, or refuse to admit that.

Please don’t ever attempt to explain above the level of “What’s the best Captain Crunch?” again.

I’m honored that you’ve mentioned me.
Actually I don’t “like” all of Trad’s posts, but when I do it’s because he’s right.

Someone said lots of hysteria in this thread...lots of bitter too. 😬

Oh I do... the only party that hates republicans more than the democrats is the republican establishment party. Its why I love RDS... dude just goes out and does the stuff Trump would only poop tweet about.
Yep…Goldie and you like dictators. Like we keep telling you. Perfect little 1930s German.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeyenuts66
I'm sorry, is my vocabulary over your head? I'll try to keep my responses at an 8th grade reading level the same as your political and economic comprehension.
@goldmom liked the tweet of the biggest MAGA on the board…but she’s not MAGA. Lack of self awareness.

Reactions: sob5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT