ADVERTISEMENT

Voters switch lopsidedly to GOP, in warning for Dems...

party registrations don’t tell the whole story. Independents are larger every year last I read.
This, and also a large number of dems have made it priority to get Trump Republicans elected in primaries to weaken Rs for the general. Naturally there's a lift in R affiliations as a result, but those people won't vote R in a general election.

Reactions: goldmom
You are a gym teacher. A gym teacher. Talking down to other people.

If we need to know the rules of badminton your our guy though.

I saw this in another thread. Can you tell us what your profession is? What a petty little bitch you seem to be. Typical for you types

I’m going to say it just once more...I’ve moved on from Trump.
Whether you believe me or not just doesn’t matter, You’re a nobody who doesn’t count.
Moved on from Trump, but in lockstep with his allies and supporters and at odds with anyone who is not.

Curious, do you think you are a somebody?

Moved on from Trump, but in lockstep with his allies and supporters and at odds with anyone who is not.

Curious, do you think you are a somebody?
I do count with the people who count with me. To them I am a somebody. At the end of the day that’s what matters.

As to lockstep with his allies? I’m a Republican who is part of a growing number who have either turned the page or are ready to. If they agree with me, great. If they don’t that’s their choice.

Soooo isn’t this the norm every midterm with a new president?

It’s pretty fun to see some on the left rationalize this as the democrats are doing this to vote out MAGA candidates lol. There may be some but come on guys haha. Just accept the fate of the house flipping and senate being highly contested in 2022. Might as well just look on who to have as your nominee in 2024 and strengthen your message for the generals

WASHINGTON (AP) — A political shift is beginning to take hold across the U.S. as tens of thousands of suburban voters who helped fuel the Democratic Party’s gains in recent years are becoming Republicans.

Across 31 states, about two-thirds of voters who have switched their official party registrations in the past year have switched to the Republican Party, according to voter registration data analyzed by The Associated Press. The phenomenon is playing out in virtually every region of the country — Democratic and Republican states along with cities and small towns — in the period since President Joe Biden replaced former President Donald Trump.

Nowhere is the shift more pronounced — and dangerous for Democrats — than in the suburbs. Over the last year, far more people are switching to the GOP across suburban counties from Denver to Pittsburgh. Republicans also gained ground in counties around medium-size cities such as Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; Raleigh, North Carolina; and Des Moines, Iowa.

Ben Smith, who lives in suburban Larimer County, Colorado, north of Denver, said he reluctantly registered as a Republican earlier in the year after becoming increasingly concerned about the Democrats’ support in some localities for mandatory COVID-19 vaccines, the party’s inability to quell violent crime and its frequent focus on racial justice.

“It’s more so a rejection of the left than embracing the right,” said Smith, a 37-year-old professional counselor whose transition away from the Democratic Party began five or six years ago when he registered as a libertarian.

The AP examined data from the 31 states in which voters explicitly register by political party and which make that information available to the public. Across those states, nearly 680,000 voters changed their registrations in the past year, according to L2, a political data firm.

While party switching is not uncommon, the data shows a definite reversal from the period while Trump was in office, when Democrats enjoyed a slight edge in the number of party switchers nationwide.

But over the last year, about 430,000 voters in those states shifted to the Republican Party, compared with about 240,000 who became Democrats. In another 12 states — including the electoral battlegrounds of Texas, Ohio and Virginia — L2 estimates each voter’s party affiliation using records of voting in primary elections or statistical modeling. Those estimates, based on information such as demographics, local voting patterns and registered voter surveys, suggest that the same pattern is playing out in these states, too, with roughly two-thirds of voters whose affiliations changed in the past year moving toward the Republican Party.

The migration of hundreds of thousands of voters, a small portion of the overall U.S. electorate, does not ensure widespread Republican success in the November midterm elections, which will determine control of Congress and dozens of governorships. Democrats are hoping the Supreme Court’s decision earlier this summer to overrule Roe v. Wade will energize supporters, particularly in the suburbs, ahead of the midterms.

Still, the details about party switchers present a warning for Democrats who were already concerned about the macro effects shaping the political landscape this fall.

Roughly four months before Election Day, Democrats have no clear strategy to address Biden’s weak popularity and voters’ overwhelming fear that the country is headed in the wrong direction with their party in charge. And while Republicans have offered few policy solutions of their own, the GOP has been working effectively to capitalize on the Democrats’ shortcomings.

Republicans benefited last year as suburban parents grew increasingly frustrated by prolonged pandemic-related school closures. And as inflation intensified more recently, the Republican National Committee has been hosting voter registration events at gas stations in suburban areas across swing states like Arizona, Michigan, Nevada and Pennsylvania to link the Biden administration to record-high gas prices. The GOP has also linked the Democratic president to an ongoing baby formula shortage.

“Biden and Democrats are woefully out of touch with the American people, and that’s why voters are flocking to the Republican Party in droves,” RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel told the AP. She predicted that “American suburbs will trend red for cycles to come” because of “Biden’s gas hike, the open border crisis, baby formula shortage and rising crime.”

With all the J6 stuff going on, I’d have thought it would be the other way around. I guess people are capable of separating Trump from the GOP. In that sense it kind of makes sense, as Trump was a democrat most of his life.

I cant help but notice you couldnt answer any of my questions...
Your questions were stupid. You already know why people are leaving the democratic party for the gop. Like I responded everyone knows the answers to your questions including you. It isn't a secret

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT