ADVERTISEMENT

Vulnerable Iowa Democrat vacationed in Europe as she voted by proxy for Inflation Reduction Act, IRS expansion

If you really want to stretch the definition of "due to the ongoing public health emergency" you could twist it to mean that you intended to go to Europe in 2020 but because of restrictions were unable to do it until now. You could also infer that with the shitshow that has been flights this summer she could not get on an earlier flight home due to the massive amounts of travelers and staffing shortages all over Europe.

Reactions: gohawks50
If you really want to stretch the definition of "due to the ongoing public health emergency" you could twist it to mean that you intended to go to Europe in 2020 but because of restrictions were unable to do it until now. You could also infer that with the shitshow that has been flights this summer she could not get on an earlier flight home due to the massive amounts of travelers and staffing shortages all over Europe.

If the vote wasn’t scheduled until she was already in Europe, I don’t have an issue with vote by proxy here. If she knew before she left -regardless of the travel plans, then I have more of an issue in that event.

Wow

If the vote wasn’t scheduled until she was already in Europe, I don’t have an issue with vote by proxy here. If she knew before she left -regardless of the travel plans, then I have more of an issue in that event.
I mostly agree. If there were 158 people voting by proxy then she was most certainly not the only one stretching the meaning of "due to the ongoing public health emergency". But it looks like the Senate passed it on Sunday August 7 and the House passed it on August 12 which would be a Friday. I don't know when Pelosi called the vote but probably Monday or Tuesday which would make it very likely people who were going on vacation were already gone. But it is stupid to lie about it. And honestly they should just change the rules to reflect what they are obviously willing to allow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT