ADVERTISEMENT

W.T.F is with women with arm and neck tats and tongue rings, etc.?

BrianNole09

HR Legend
May 8, 2005
Today, I went out to lunch with a very part-time client from my senior "rent-a-friend" business (this man isn't actually old, he's 58 and has paranoid schizophrenia. It's amazing because you would never know it by talking to him. He's the nicest guy ever and acts almost completely normal, although he's a little odd, but not more than most people.)

And we went to a "Seasons 52" restaurant (do you have those in Iowa?) and the waitress was a young woman (I sound like I'm 70) of about 26 years or so and she had a tattoo on her arm and a tongue ring.

Now, you can't judge people by appearances. I know this for a fact. It's impossible to judge the heart. She may be a saint. I have no idea. Or she could be a drug addict or crazy, etc.

But, I immediately wondered why someone would get something like that. Was she abused as a kid? Recovering addict? I had no idea. My mind wandered.

I just don't get it. Now, I wasn't judging her as a person, I was just judging the decision making for someone to get something like that.

Hell, she probably was judging me for being a 1% black ginger. I dunno.

What's the deal?

CSB.

Many of the CNAs at the SNFs I work at fit your description. I often wonder what the residents think of their appearances, but these girls all have hearts of gold and they provide such complete care that I think they see past the exterior decorating.

Reactions: BrianNole09
Today, I went out to lunch with a very part-time client from my senior "rent-a-friend" business (this man isn't actually old, he's 58 and has paranoid schizophrenia. It's amazing because

you would never know it by talking to him. He's the nicest guy ever and acts almost completely normal, although he's a little odd, but not more than most people.)

And we went to a "Seasons 52" restaurant (do you have those in Iowa?) and the waitress was a young woman (I sound like I'm 70) of about 26 years or so and she had a tattoo on her arm and a tongue ring.

Now, you can't judge people by appearances. I know this for a fact. It's impossible to judge the heart. She may be a saint. I have no idea. Or she could be a drug addict or crazy, etc.

But, I immediately wondered why someone would get something like that. Was she abused as a kid? Recovering addict? I had no idea. My mind wandered.

I just don't get it. Now, I wasn't judging her as a person, I was just judging the decision making for someone to get something like that.

What's the deal?

CSB.

TL;DR

Yeah I know, right? What's with all the loose moraled women who will swho a guy their clit ring behind the bar dumpster before blowing them, while their "friend with a car" waits inside for them to leave? Terrible. Yeah...God knows we don't need anymore of those.

OP gets one ciggy eye roll.:rolleyes:

I don't care for the forearm tattoo trend. Most of them are really stupid and I even like tattoos.

I like piercings but only when they are classy. But then again some people are just trashy so maybe it's the person and not the piercing.

I would be fine if my wife wanted a trashy tattoo. I bet she could pull it off anyway.

My observations in Chicago. May be different in your town.

Independently owned bars and restaurants offer a lot of leeway to their lady staff for tats and piercings. The chain stores do not. If you have ink on your arms they are covered by long sleeves. No rings in the lip or nostril.

The high-class places don't even have staff with metallic blue hair, which seems to be more popular.

I've talked to people in the bar/restaurant industry. Not the owners or managers, the folks who wait on you or get your drinks. It is a different world from what I know.

I'm not saying they are all whores tatted up like that with piercings. However, to be honest, I usually assume they are.

5c9.png

Today, I went out to lunch with a very part-time client from my senior "rent-a-friend" business (this man isn't actually old, he's 58 and has paranoid schizophrenia. It's amazing because you would never know it by talking to him. He's the nicest guy ever and acts almost completely normal, although he's a little odd, but not more than most people.)

What's the deal?

CSB.

Ok, I'll play along. how would your post read if you had judged her by her appearance?

Tongue rings don't bother me since I don't have to look at them. Some girls can pull off the nose ring, others....can't. I hate lip and eyebrow rings. I have yet to find someone with one that I thought made them look more attractive.

Tattoos...again, it depends on the tattoo and the girl. I'm not a big fan of the "sleeve" tattoos or anything like that but small and inconspicuous ones I actually kind of like (as long as it doesn't look like a prison tattoo or something).

As for why girls do it? I think it's a nonverbal way for girls to say, "I'm up for a good time!" (Note, that isn't an invitation to grab them by the p***y or some other illegal thing).

Different strokes for different folks brah. I like tattoos and piercings. I’m also into heavy metal and have a shit ton of tats myself. I’m certain people look at me and think I’m probably a douchebag loser. Then when people get to know me they realize I’m a good guy with a successful business. I’m in construction so most people don’t care because finding good contractors is nearly impossible. CSB, I know.

Different strokes for different folks brah. I like tattoos and piercings. I’m also into heavy metal and have a shit ton of tats myself. I’m certain people look at me and think I’m probably a douchebag loser. Then when people get to know me they realize I’m a good guy with a successful business. I’m in construction so most people don’t care because finding good contractors is nearly impossible. CSB, I know.

You are a doucebag loser.

With that said I also listen to a lot of heavy metal and no tats.

I don't care for the forearm tattoo trend. Most of them are really stupid and I even like tattoos.

I like piercings but only when they are classy. But then again some people are just trashy so maybe it's the person and not the piercing.

I would be fine if my wife wanted a trashy tattoo. I bet she could pull it off anyway.

Pic of wife?

Ok, I'll play along. how would your post read if you had judged her by her appearance?

I would have mentioned how she messed up my friend's order and then asked him: "where's your wife?" because his social worker is out of town and I'm filling in for her and then when he answered "she's not my wife", the waitress kept pressing "really??? She's not your wife? I thought you two were married!" which was totally inappropriate, IMO.

And then I'd tie her behavior into her piercings and tats.

It would read like that :)

Last edited:
My observations in Chicago. May be different in your town.

Independently owned bars and restaurants offer a lot of leeway to their lady staff for tats and piercings. The chain stores do not. If you have ink on your arms they are covered by long sleeves. No rings in the lip or nostril.

The high-class places don't even have staff with metallic blue hair, which seems to be more popular.

I've talked to people in the bar/restaurant industry. Not the owners or managers, the folks who wait on you or get your drinks. It is a different world from what I know.

The blue hair look is even weirder, to me.

Yeah I know, right? What's with all the loose moraled women who will swho a guy their clit ring behind the bar dumpster before blowing them, while their "friend with a car" waits inside for them to leave? Terrible. Yeah...God knows we don't need anymore of those.

OP gets one ciggy eye roll.:rolleyes:
Equality - they wanted it and now they have to live up to it!!!

Men AND Women are pigs now!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT