ADVERTISEMENT

Wadley GOAT Iowa RB?

hawklover69

Scout Team
Sep 8, 2017
He might not have the numbers but I've never seen a hawk move like him. I'm tabbing him as the GOAT and more than likely a 1st round pick next year. Middle 2nd at the worst. He carried the hawks to a W last Saturday and could very well put this team on his back and carry them to a West Division title.

Reactions: F6n6
images

So many good ones, but for clarification are we talking about career yards? TD's? Receiver out of backfield? Wins? Moves? All the above? Best all around back I've ever seen taking the above into account are Harmon and Wadley.
In no particular order we could argue about:
Greene
Russell
Harmon
Betts
Shaw
Banks
Young
Stewart
Gill
Bell

Interesting tidbit looking at Iowa rushing records...without looking who would you guess has the highest single game rushing record? And it's not someone who you would think..Tavian is #1...

He might not have the numbers but I've never seen a hawk move like him. I'm tabbing him as the GOAT and more than likely a 1st round pick next year. Middle 2nd at the worst. He carried the hawks to a W last Saturday and could very well put this team on his back and carry them to a West Division title.

This could happen. I think for it to happen he needs to have big games vs our big opponents this year. Im on board though as of now though!

If youre capable of rewatching the iowa iowa state game though when you say youve never seen a hawk move like him check out ISM. #6. Watch his jet sweep where he jukes a dude out of his shoes into a spin move. Really reminded me of a senior we have from the same school! Future looks bright with Stanley (So) Fant (So) ISM (fr) of course many other notable guys but im talking playmakers that we know of. Trust me IKM is on my watch list but need to see before putting him on!

I'd bet money that Wadley does not get drafted in the first round. Given the way RB's have been devalued as plug and play in the league, it doubtful. The Cowboys wanted a workhorse last year, so they went against the grain and took Zeke in the top five picks.He is a rarity in todays NFL game, although now the Boys are having to deal with his off the field demeanor, which apparently needs some cleaning up. Wadley will never be that kind of back. IF he has a great season, and Michigan type games against PSU, and OSU, he might go in rounds two through four. Akrum has taken huge strides from his rough beginnings at Iowa, but there would certainly be a conversation that he's the third or fourth best back, (complete package), just in the BIG. Certainly Barkley at PSU, and Jackson at NW are in that conversation.

I'd bet money that Wadley does not get drafted in the first round. Given the way RB's have been devalued as plug and play in the league, it doubtful. The Cowboys wanted a workhorse last year, so they went against the grain and took Zeke in the top five picks.He is a rarity in todays NFL game, although now the Boys are having to deal with his off the field demeanor, which apparently needs some cleaning up. Wadley will never be that kind of back. IF he has a great season, and Michigan type games against PSU, and OSU, he might go in rounds two through four. Akrum has taken huge strides from his rough beginnings at Iowa, but there would certainly be a conversation that he's the third or fourth best back, (complete package), just in the BIG. Certainly Barkley at PSU, and Jackson at NW are in that conversation.

Although unpopular to say I agree with you. Moreover, 1st round backs arent common at all unless an absolute no brainer. If hes a top 5 back it could take the 3rd round to get drafted.

He might be the best 4th quarter back I've seen thanks to L.Daniels and Butler.The kid is really good

Without looking it up, I am guessing Marcus Coker.
Very close, Canzeri, Coker was right behind him!

Single game
Rank Player Yards Year Opponent
1 Tavian Banks 314 1997 Tulsa
2 Ed Podolak 286 1968 Northwestern
3 Jordan Canzeri 256[8] 2015 Illinois
4 Marcus Coker 252[9] 2011 Minnesota
5 Sedrick Shaw 250 1995 Michigan State
6 Phil Blatcher 247 1981 Michigan State
7 Dennis Mosley 229 1979 Iowa State
8 Marcus Coker 219[10] 2010 Missouri[11]
9 Nick Bell 217 1989 Wisconsin
Shonn Greene 217[12] 2008 Wisconsin
Mark Weisman 217[13] 2012 Central Michigan

Banks. Wadley is elusive but Tavian Banks was a missile once he got a step, literally had you on the edge of your seat every time he got the ball.. Damn shame he blew a knee cuz he would have had a very good pro career also IMO.

Banks' injury was very rare - he tore the anterior cruciate ligament, the posterior cruciate ligament, and the fibular collateral ligament on his left knee simultaneously as a RB for Jacksonville.

So many good ones, but for clarification are we talking about career yards? TD's? Receiver out of backfield? Wins? Moves? All the above? Best all around back I've ever seen taking the above into account are Harmon and Wadley.
In no particular order we could argue about:
Greene
Russell
Harmon
Betts
Shaw
Banks
Young
Stewart
Gill
Bell

Ronnie Harmon, Tavian Banks, Sedrick Shaw, Shonn Greene in consideration. Marcus Coker may well have finished as our #1 running back ever had he not gotten screwed. We'll see how Akrum does the rest of the year. He is very elusive for sure.

I'm with the OP..
Akrum Wadley is Barry Sanders and Walter Payton playing college football for the University of Iowa.

Love AW but Tavian was the best I have ever seen at Iowa. Just another gear that nobody else has had ... he was shifty too, but once he got an opening it was to the house (unless he was playing hurt, which is what happened in '97 from the middle of the year on). I wish him and Shaw were a few years apart.

ADVERTISEMENT