ADVERTISEMENT

Wadley Went Out A Winner With 283 Yds Of Offense

Today, Wadley showed Hawkeye fans a real display
of his talent. He had 171 yds in kick off returns, plus
88 yds. rushing and 24 yds. receiving.. Congrats to
Mr. Wadley, you will remain in the hearts of Hawkeye
fans
I’m definitely going to miss Wadley he gave this team a bolt of lightning chance in most games. Kudos! Go Hawks!

Today, Wadley showed Hawkeye fans a real display
of his talent. He had 171 yds in kick off returns, plus
88 yds. rushing and 24 yds. receiving.. Congrats to
Mr. Wadley, you will remain in the hearts of Hawkeye
fans
YES YES and Yes. Many tough Hawks.

Not to be that guy, but Wadley only had 88 yards of offense today. Only rushing and passing yards count towards offense. Receiving yards count towards yards from scrimmage, and return yards count towards all purpose

88 yards offense (rushing + passing)
112 yards from scrimmage (rushing + passing + receiving)
293 all purpose yards (rushing + passing + receiving + return)

Wadley ends up one TD short (35) of Tavian Banks (36) school record.

(Non-passing) TDs to save you guys from yourselves.

It has been told many times, but after his freshman
year, Wadley was down on himself. His mother told
him to man up and make something of his abilities.
She lives only 25 away from Yankee Stadium as her
home is in Newark, N.J.

Yes indeed! Has been One of my favorites to watch and pull for! The Michigan game last year sealed it! Glad he had another all around good game going out!

Great job by the kid!
Not to derail but if the conditions were better(yes, I get it...get into better bowl) I think he woulda had 350-400. But, like I said great job.

Agree, there were a couple times I saw holes where he tried to make a cut but couldn't and if he could have he would have been gone.

He was the differentiator in many games we won (Michigan, ISU, NW ‘15, Tonight) and the only one keeping us in the game (Penn State) so many times that I think we will miss his home run plays more than we can equate for.

Thanks Akrum, it was my pleasure to have the honor to watch you!

Did I hear the announcer during the game say that Wadley has a 2 yr old daughter? Have I been under a rock or am I just getting too old to remember?

Yes, article at land of 10 discusses his two year old daughter Ava and being away from her since she was born. Great read about Iowa football, Ava, and his mother who told him to stay at Iowa and KF to not send Akrum home until 2017.

Reactions: pacnorthhawkeye
Yes, article at land of 10 discusses his two year old daughter Ava and being away from her since she was born. Great read about Iowa football, Ava, and his mother who told him to stay at Iowa and KF to not send Akrum home until 2017.
Gotcha. Totally had no idea he had a little girl. I see where that would make things tough for him now. Hope he gets a good opportunity in the NFL and capitalizes. He’s earned it imo.

The man is CLUTCH. How many games did he come up with huge plays down the stretch? Pinstripe '17, Michigan '16, PSU '17, Minnesota '16, Rutgers '16, etc.

He will be missed.

ADVERTISEMENT