ADVERTISEMENT

Wadley

If he piles up big enough numbers, sure.

He'll need some semblance of a passing game involving the receiving corps to keep defenses honest to accomplish that. Remains to be seen if they can put together a passing offense that is at least mediocre which would be a huge step up from last season.

I'm glad he's bulking up because he will need to for the NFL I just hope he doesn't lose a step. I follow him on snapchat and he day after day is eating McDonalds, Wendy's, etc. to bulk up. I'm no strength coordinator but I just don't see how this is the most effective means to do so. Obviously, I trust Doyle and Ferentz on this one but it is just perplexing to me as someone who is uneducated on the situation. Although, clearly nothing else was working or else he wouldn't have to resort to this.

I'm glad he's bulking up because he will need to for the NFL I just hope he doesn't lose a step. I follow him on snapchat and he day after day is eating McDonalds, Wendy's, etc. to bulk up.

That diet may/may not work for a bulk-up at this point in his life but it will work like magic when he reaches middle age. I tried like hell to gain weight when I was a 6ft. 135lb teenager....ate like a maniac -whole pizzas, Big Macs, shakes, etc - and barely moved the needle. Lost a pound or two if I missed a meal. Then, almost overnight, I'm 25 pounds overweight in my mid 30s.

Anyway, Wadley has the benefit of an experienced OL to work with. I'm not as worried about the pass offense as most here - the change at OC is a major positive. I believe Wadley is capable of 2,000 AP yards if he stays healthy.

I trust Doyle and Ferentz on this one but it is just perplexing to me as someone who is uneducated on the situation.

He is not uneducated, they have surely pounded into his head the what and why he needs to eat. Past comments from Kirk points to him not eating how Doyle wants him to eat.

He is not uneducated, they have surely pounded into his head the what and why he needs to eat. Past comments from Kirk points to him not eating how Doyle wants him to eat.

Oh no, I was saying that I am uneducated on the situation. It just seemed weird that's how they have him doing it.

Must find him a running mate for this to happen. Preferably a pounder like Daniels.

Toren Young, 5ft11 220lbs seems to fit the bill. His film kind of reminds me of ex-Hawk Marcus Coker, a straight ahead bowl'em over type RB. However, I believe Akinribade will get most of the early relief work.

Reactions: easy2
Oh no, I was saying that I am uneducated on the situation. It just seemed weird that's how they have him doing it.

Ah, ok. I'm sure they'd prefer he put on the pounds with a lot of lean protein. But maybe fast food is an acceptable outcome if it helps.

It would be great if Toks proves to be a good complement for Wadley. For the hype he has received, T showed almost nothing in the carries he got last year...hope that was only because of instructions to follow a clock milking script.

Reactions: HawksAndChiefs24
Where did Derrick Mitchell Jr. end up?

Still a student at Iowa, so he hasn't spoken to any other schools yet. *wink*

https://www.landof10.com/iowa/iowa-rb-derrick-mitchell-jr-leave-hawkeyes-graduate-transfer

Iowa will be down one more running back than planned heading into next season, as coach Kirk Ferentz announced Wednesday that Derrick Mitchell Jr. will transfer from the program after graduating in May.

Derrick will earn his degree from Iowa this spring and has elected to transfer for his senior season,” Ferentz said. “Derrick was a great teammate and valuable team member during his career. We congratulate him on earning his degree this semester and wish him good luck next fall.”

Wadley has the talent to be one of the best in the country. Need the pass pro to hold up much better than last year for that to happen.

Reactions: perryhawk

& I have heard from the latter that Wadley doesn't listen very well either.

It would be great if Toks proves to be a good complement for Wadley. For the hype he has received, T showed almost nothing in the carries he got last year...hope that was only because of instructions to follow a clock milking script.
It was hard to guage anything about him. He only came in during garbage time and like you said, it was all about killing the clock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT