ADVERTISEMENT

Wadley

Do you disagree that he has been labeled a racist by most if not all media outlets?
And I’m sorry to burst some bubbles but this is pretty much how all football programs run. It’s just that most schools have had coaches for such a short period of time there’s no one out there complaining.

I think most stories talk about racially biased or racial discriminatory statements but I can't think of one right off hand that actually called him racist. I say that understanding that if I was Chris Doyle it would not be a very meaningful distinction to me.

I think most stories talk about racially biased or racial discriminatory statements but I can't think of one right off hand that actually called him racist. I say that understanding that if I was Chris Doyle it would not be a very meaningful distinction to me.
I’m sorry. What’s the difference? They are one in the same to me.

I’m sorry. What’s the difference? They are one in the same to me.

In my opinion, a racist is someone who makes statements or judgments about a person based on their race and for a malicious purpose. It isn't accidental. Think skin heads, Aryan Nation, white supremacist.

Being racially biased or discriminatory can be inadvertent and not coming from a place of hate. I think many Americans are used to what they know, where they came from, and how they were raised and accept those things as "normal" and don't give much thought to how the "normal" parts of my life could be completely offensive and inappropriate to someone else.

That's a super simplistic explanation of large concepts but it's really about the motivation and intent behind a statement.

We live in a world now where public schools let kids take a test multiple times until they get a grade they like. The school administrators don't want kids feeling any pressure or anxiety about anything. I am not sure which employers will pay employees not to be prepared to do jobs correctly the first time, but maybe there are some out there that will.

You are close but schools actually REQUIRE students to take assessments until they show "proficiency". As a teacher, you have to re-administer said assessment to students who didn't receive a proficient score while simultaneously instructing those who did. Oh, and everyone gets at least a B because "proficient" is usually somewhere in the 80th percentile range. So, everyone is on the honor roll yet 40% of them can actually test at their grade level on a standardized test. And everyone moves on to the next grade. It is like the line from the Steely Dan song " . . .the things that pass for knowledge I can't understand."

I may have missed it in this thread, but I have seen a few references to Wadley stealing money from Iowa fans. What is that all about?

The internet is forever and AW completely contradicts himself. He is looking for a payout and he is all in on this because he has to know his football career is 100% over. Need to get some $$$$

Reactions: Crazy Hawk
If he was a white S&C coach who harmed people he would already have $1.2 mil of that settlement money in the bank

Unfortunately he isn't considered one of the top in his profession so he has had to lean on ripping people off from autographs (etc) and now put all his eggs in trying to cash in on a settlement from the university. Smart move on his part.

Unfortunately for him I'm sure the lawyers in this process have all his tweets etc that he has since deleted documented since he has chose this path to try to earn his money.

I may have missed it in this thread, but I have seen a few references to Wadley stealing money from Iowa fans. What is that all about?

There is a reporter from a competitor's site discussing the hypocrisy of the Wadley family - in great detail. This is happening on Twitter.

In my opinion, a racist is someone who makes statements or judgments about a person based on their race and for a malicious purpose. It isn't accidental. Think skin heads, Aryan Nation, white supremacist.

Being racially biased or discriminatory can be inadvertent and not coming from a place of hate. I think many Americans are used to what they know, where they came from, and how they were raised and accept those things as "normal" and don't give much thought to how the "normal" parts of my life could be completely offensive and inappropriate to someone else.

That's a super simplistic explanation of large concepts but it's really about the motivation and intent behind a statement.

Great points. Not everything is racism.Sadly, what is happening in our country is fueling more real racism by teaching people to hate folks with lighter skin in order to gain power.

The most telling thing to me is that Wadley had a chance to leave early. Kiper had Wadley ranked the #6 running back in January 2017.

He did answer it I guess.

“It is positive news to know that Akrum has made the decision to be with our program for his senior season,” said Ferentz. “Akrum has displayed growth and maturity during his career, and had an outstanding season in 2016. We look forward to Akrum being a key member of our team in 2017.” Ferentz said.

Wadley added the following in the release:

“It was the right decision for me and my family. I met with my parents and we laid out the pros and cons, and came to the decision that it would be best for me to stay at Iowa for my senior year. The main three reasons are to earn my degree, to have another year to prepare physically, and to not end my collegiate career on a bad note; we have some unfinished business.”

“I would like to thank coach Ferentz. We had good conversations and he let me know that he would be there either way, he would have my back. I also want to express my appreciation for all the support from my teammates, and the great and loyal Iowa fans.”

Again, if it was even 50% as bad as he's claiming now he should have an WOULD have left then. Just another indicator that this is crap, and his real problem is he didn't end up getting that NFL meal ticket, and now someone has to pay.

"You either die a hero, or you coach long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Sincerely,
Coach Batman

:D
Exactly right Doug. KF's long tenure has the program firmly entrenched into a "culture" that literally just a few months ago was being lauded on national TV over the one at mighty USC, because of the values, discipline, and consistency of the program. And now.....:oops:Same guy, same program, same values...:confused:

Exactly right Doug. KF's long tenure has the program firmly entrenched into a "culture" that literally just a few months ago was being lauded on national TV over the one at mighty USC, because of the values, discipline, and consistency of the program. And now.....:oops:Same guy, same program, same values...:confused:
minus doyle now though

and probably with a new woke team which is basically not the same team as before

That’s total BS. Listening to players and making a few changes hopefully for the good doesn’t make us a “woke team” and not the same team. You’re just ridiculous.

That’s total BS. Listening to players and making a few changes hopefully for the good doesn’t make us a “woke team” and not the same team. You’re just ridiculous.
listening to blm and antifa. won't be long till the hawkeyes change their name because it is offensive to american indians

Maybe they will. Hopefully you’ll stop watching. Oh, right you’ve probably already stopped because you just want “football back” like it used to be. After reading most of your posts looks like the world left you behind a long time ago anyway.

listening to blm and antifa. won't be long till the hawkeyes change their name because it is offensive to american indians
How is the name offensive to american indians? Hawkeye was a white guy adopted by the Mohicans.

Unless you're talking about the name Iowa, which was taken from a tribe. I doubt they're going to change state names.

Let them all ramble on. They get offended very easily. How dare they change the Redskins name? Our old white guys on here are offended by this. I still have no idea why, but they are!

Your posting makes me think you might be my slack-jawed uncle in his 50's who has lived at home his whole life and never had a girlfriend or the guts and intelligence to live on his own.

Let them all ramble on. They get offended very easily. How dare they change the Redskins name? Our old white guys on here are offended by this. I still have no idea why, but they are!

"We used red paint for healing, our skin was red. Red from the root that we used to put red paint on our faces." Redskins. That's what we are." - Chief Red Hawk Brown

"The solution is to educate, not eradicate." (BINGO!) - Chief Red Hawk Brown

Reactions: Herkyhawk247
Kind of like most of your views from the 1950’s, you know when kids listened to their parents, players just shut up and played, etc.

You guys just keep showing your true colors as the world turns on you. Must be rough! Tell June Cleaver hello for me.

Don't be so overdramatic. No one is arguing that the players should get to do whatever they want whenever they want without any rules.

"Hello and Welcome to Iowa football fall camp. Our goal here is to make sure everyone in this room is pushed to reach his maximum potential to benefit this team. At Iowa, there are requirements of each of you as an individual and of each of you as a teammate. We expect that you will meet and exceed those requirements as you fulfill your obligation to leave the jersey in a better place."
so much irony in you telling others not to be so dramatic. Your whole existence on this issue is overdramatic

And, your paragraph of welcome to Iowa football is already in place.

Hilarious. You guys are so clueless. You always think you know better.

You don't.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...a11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

I wouldn't be so quick to boast a survey that only polled 504 out of 5.4 million Native Americans. Over the phone, no less.

“I just reject the results,” said Harjo, 70, who belongs to the Cheyenne and Hodulgee Muscogee tribes. “I don’t agree with them, and I don’t agree that this is a valid way of surveying public opinion in Indian Country.”

"The results — immediately celebrated by team owner Daniel Snyder and denounced by prominent Native American leaders..."

“Native Americans are resilient and have not allowed the NFL’s decades-long denigration of us to define our own self-image,” wrote Oneida Nation Representative Ray Halbritter and National Congress of American Indians Executive Director Jacqueline Pata. “However, that proud resilience does not give the NFL a license to continue marketing, promoting, and profiting off of a dictionary-defined racial slur — one that tells people outside of our community to view us as mascots.”

But yeah it's only the white liberals that are offended. Eat your peanuts.

Please stop talking, I loose a few IQ points everytime I read one of your thoughtless posts.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT