ADVERTISEMENT

Wadley

At this point, why is KF staying? Like others said, he has banked plenty. Why subject yourself to this?

No ones throwing names. Your posts in the last two days spell it out clearly. Forget about Akrum’s quotes, you’re doing more harm to the team than any former player could do. I’m sure a parent of a recruit reading this bigoted thread Would love to have their son playing for fans like you.

It is true, I dont want players that throw our coaches under the bus on a public forum. If you have issues, keep it within the team. If you wait years after the fact, never mind

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I have already made those same statements. KF knows those same things. He has probably banked around 40 mil in his time at Iowa. He is set for life. The honorable thing for him would have been to stand up for Doyle the same as he did when he effectively made him a coordinator and take the position they had been consistent with all players during his tenure. Kicking Doyle to the curb validates what the malcontents are claiming and there is no logical way he can separate himself from Doyle since HE was the one that laid out the expectations for the program.

I do not see it this way at all. I do not believe Kirk had a choice but to let Doyle go. Backing Doyle would have meant calling the players liars. That would have effectively ended his coaching career.

I may be naive as I still believe that Kirk did lay out the ground rules for the program, but was not in the know as to how those ground rules were being applied by Doyle. It is possible that he did not want to know for plausible deniability. Multiple accounts have been reported that Kirk has been questioning some of his prior rules and even relaxing some in recent years.

He still seems to have the support of most of the players, both current and previous. Also, most of the reports I have heard is that Kirk is a very good person. For these reasons, I will continue to back Kirk unless something comes out to contradict this information.

Last edited:
I do not see it this way at all. If so not believe Kirk has a choice, but to let Doyle go. Backing Doyle would have meant calling the players liars. That would have effectively ended his coaching career.

I may be naive, but I still believe that Kirk did lay out the ground rules for the program, but was not in the know as to how those ground rules were being applied by Doyle. It is possible that he did not want to n know for plausible deniability. Multiple accounts have been reported that Kirk has been questioning some of his prior rules and even relaxing some in recent years. Also, he still seems to have the support of most of the players, both current and previous. Also, most of the reports I have heard is that Kirk is a very good person. For these reasons, I will continue to back Kirk unless something comes out to contradict this information.

Exactly. Accusations are worthless

The coaches recruit black players, hire black coaches, they work together for 20 years. All of a sudden, the black community is disgruntled because a black man ( a stranger) in Minneapolis is murdered by a cop. Now they come out of the woodwork.

I cant help others discern the BS.

The reason its BS is because if there was no murder in Minny, this wouldn't be taking place. Only a fool would think so. The black community has been living among these statues for decades and all of a sudden they are offended. Mississippi has had the rebel symbol in their flag for decades and all of a success they are offended. its like they entered the terrible 2s

To that, i call BS. Use your critical thinking skill and not your emotional knee jerk thoughts. be better than that

With some of the absolute garbage you've posted, you should tread lightly questioning others' critical thinking skills. Just because the protests finally touched close enough to home for you to hear them doesn't mean that any of this happened "all of the sudden. "

*you’re
*It’s
*nonsense

Typical conservatard.
tenor.gif

Reactions: m.stoops2013
With some of the absolute garbage you've posted, you should tread lightly questioning others' critical thinking skills. Just because the protests finally touched close enough to home for you to hear them doesn't mean that any of this happened "all of the sudden. "

I can post the date that this all of a sudden started.

"You can seriously damage people's lives saying things like that".

This comment was made about Akrum Wadley in an earlier post. The issue at hand is what coaches said to the 18-22 year olds. I hate to call them "kids", but how many of us at that age would stand up to a coach like Chris Doyle, Brian Ferentz, or Kirk Ferentz

(especially those at the freshmen + sophomore level at 18-19 years old)? It seems as if the culture within the program wasn't conducive to speaking out against what was going on.

Why wait three years to say anything? That seems to be the issue here. Maybe the black players felt intimidated? Maybe they feared retribution? Only they would know.

I really struggle with all the criticism vs. Wadley - the same person Hawk fans cheered for not so long ago.

Reactions: Garbaggio
I can post the date that this all of a sudden started.

Of course, the current protests started May 25 after George Floyd was murdered. Your post suggested that everything was perfect before that and maybe it was for you. But you can't possibly believe that there weren't any issues prior to May 25.

Reactions: nelly02
Why let someone run you away from a job you love and many young men you can help?

In short....because he's not a millennial :)

Because he has enough to disappear to where no one will bother him or recognize him. Sounds good. He has helped many kids. He is right about 65. He did his time.

This. Exactly.

Get out of here with the "bigot" crap. Actually, you know what? F**k You.

At the very least, it's really dumb to not be able to understand how players can appreciate how Doyle helped them reach their goals but not like all parts of how he did it.

And Bruno was absolutely correct about sbhawk. Steve King was elected many times so I know people like sbhawk exist but good lord, he looks like an idiot.

You’re delusional if you think KF taking Doyle’s side was an option if he wanted to not lose his team.

Where was his team going? They either play or go somewhere else. How many do you think would have left? Does your employer let the employees decide how things are going to be? Mine sure as hell doesnt.

This thread is scary and I hope that the parents of recruits don’t read it. First off - I think Wadley is full of crap and so is DJK. However - there are issues within the program that stem from a lack of understanding and education on social issues and civil rights. Doesn’t make the coaches bad people; incorporating old school coaching and bullying tactics need to be changed. Providing an inclusive environment for everyone is also something that needs to happen. Coach Ferentz is a man of integrity and isn’t going to back down because things get hard. Keep the politics out of this and focus on people!

The fight for inclusion in this country is nothing new. Many statues and monuments that never should have been built, and Mississippi should have taken care of their flag a long time ago. With that being said... some of it is a little over the top, but come on guys - just be good human beings that care about people in this country

There is almost zero way to prove one way or the other what went on here. A text ordering 20 hours of community service for an unknown item? Complaining because KF gave him notes on what to say to the media? The bit about hurting Spearman is so over the top that if it was said that coach should never be around players again. If it was said, it would seem others would corroborate it. But then complaining about Jewell being named a starter? He only went on to be named to the All Decade team in the Big 10.

I don't know how this ends well for Wadley. It just won't.
I didn’t see the Spearman stuff. What was said?

Of course, the current protests started May 25 after George Floyd was murdered. Your post suggested that everything was perfect before that and maybe it was for you. But you can't possibly believe that there weren't any issues prior to May 25.

I never said it was perfect. Of course there is racism still in this country and every other country. Im saying it was grossly overstated on th team because of the spark starting a wildfire situation. i dont have a proble with what they are saying as much as how they are saying it

If these disgruntled players have real issues, handle it like an adult. approach the issue, keep it in the team. But they had to go on social media and be a squeeky wheel like a child. If this happened years ago, probably shouldn't even say anything. you had your chance.If I get a unjust speeding ticket, I don't wait until years later to appeal it.

That is why they have little credibility with me independently. Because there a many cases, yes it should be look at. If you do it social media, ignore it completely

I do not see it this way at all. If so not believe Kirk has a choice, but to let Doyle go. Backing Doyle would have meant calling the players liars. That would have effectively ended his coaching career.

I may be naive, but I still believe that Kirk did lay out the ground rules for the program, but was not in the know as to how those ground rules were being applied by Doyle. It is possible that he did not want to n know for plausible deniability. Multiple accounts have been reported that Kirk has been questioning some of his prior rules and even relaxing some in recent years. Also, he still seems to have the support of most of the players, both current and previous. Also, most of the reports I have heard is that Kirk is a very good person. For these reasons, I will continue to back Kirk unless something comes out to contradict this information.

You honestly don't believe KF knew how Doyle talked to the players after working with him for 20 years?

The most telling thing to me is that Wadley had a chance to leave early. Kiper had Wadley ranked the #6 running back in January 2017.

He did answer it I guess.

“It is positive news to know that Akrum has made the decision to be with our program for his senior season,” said Ferentz. “Akrum has displayed growth and maturity during his career, and had an outstanding season in 2016. We look forward to Akrum being a key member of our team in 2017.” Ferentz said.

Wadley added the following in the release:

“It was the right decision for me and my family. I met with my parents and we laid out the pros and cons, and came to the decision that it would be best for me to stay at Iowa for my senior year. The main three reasons are to earn my degree, to have another year to prepare physically, and to not end my collegiate career on a bad note; we have some unfinished business.”

“I would like to thank coach Ferentz. We had good conversations and he let me know that he would be there either way, he would have my back. I also want to express my appreciation for all the support from my teammates, and the great and loyal Iowa fans.”

He's definitely singing a different toon now :mad:

I never said it was perfect. Of course there is racism still in this country and every other country. Im saying it was grossly overstated on th team because of the spark starting a wildfire situation. i dont have a proble with what they are saying as much as how they are saying it

If these disgruntled players have real issues, handle it like an adult. approach the issue, keep it in the team. But they had to go on social media and be a squeeky wheel like a child. If this happened years ago, probably shouldn't even say anything. you had your chance.If I get a unjust speeding ticket, I don't wait until years later to appeal it.

That is why they have little credibility with me independently. Because there a many cases, yes it should be look at. If you do it social media, ignore it completely

Being discriminated against because of your race is nothing like a speeding ticket so please don't compare the two. If you agree that there is racism still in this country, do you see how choosing words like disgruntled, grossly overstated, real issues, children, all of the sudden or BS undercuts that statement?

Being discriminated against because of your race is nothing like a speeding ticket so please don't compare the two. If you agree that there is racism still in this country, do you see how choosing words like disgruntled, grossly overstated, real issues, children, all of the sudden or BS undercuts that statement?

So you missed the point. The point is that an adult doesn't wait years to say something and you don't use social media to do it unless you're looking for attention. If I have an issue with someone at work, I go to HR not channel 8 news

I'm thankful I'm not racist.

I'm not ignorant, nor am I a fool. I'm well educated and I just happen to disagree with everyone being GUILTY right now. And the fact that only one side can tell their story.

HawkInArk is a name caller. When in doubt, use the "R" word, lol

"You can seriously damage people's lives saying things like that".

This comment was made about Akrum Wadley in an earlier post. The issue at hand is what coaches said to the 18-22 year olds. I hate to call them "kids", but how many of us at that age would stand up to a coach like Chris Doyle, Brian Ferentz, or Kirk Ferentz

(especially those at the freshmen + sophomore level at 18-19 years old)? It seems as if the culture within the program wasn't conducive to speaking out against what was going on.

Why wait three years to say anything? That seems to be the issue here. Maybe the black players felt intimidated? Maybe they feared retribution? Only they would know.

I really struggle with all the criticism vs. Wadley - the same person Hawk fans cheered for not so long ago.
Just think about allllllll the complimentary tweets these disgruntled players have sent out post-Iowa. They were no longer on the team yet they were praising the coaches they're now attacking. WTF!? You don't have a nightmare experience somewhere and go on to tweet positive things about the program you suddenly despise!

At this point, why is KF staying? Like others said, he has banked plenty. Why subject yourself to this?

I’ve thought the same however I think KF cares about his legacy and if he bolts now would look bad. I think he weathers the storm this year and in my opinion I wouldn’t be shocked to see him retire after 21’. I think he’d like to stay longer (maybe 4-5 yrs more) until all of this happened. I’m sure he knows BF won’t be his successor so also gives him more time if he’d like to find someone to succeed him.

Last edited:
My thoughts on wadley

1. Couldn’t make an XFL roster so the black balling claim from being drafted doesn’t hold much water.
2. Why didn’t he transfer if it was as bad as he says it was? During his time plenty of other guys did so not like they wouldn’t allow him to do so.
3. The parking story just reminds me of other entitled athletes while I was at Iowa who’d cut the line to a bar, park where they want etc because they were an athlete. Playing the victim card here is tiresome. DJK 2.0.
4. As others said why was he trying to get his little brother an offer?
5. Lastly sounds like he didn’t get football $ he thought he’d have gotten so trying to get it from the U of I now.

I’ve thought the same however I think KF cares about his legacy and if he bolts now would look bad. I think he weathers the storm this year and in my opinion I wouldn’t be shocked to see him retire after 21’. I think he’d like to stay longer (maybe 4-5 yrs more) until all of this happened. I’m sure he knows BF won’t be his successor so also gives him more time if he’d like to find someone to succeed him.

Well he is gonna get a pass on 20 because there is about a 5% chance they will be playing.

So you missed the point. The point is that an adult doesn't wait years to say something and you don't use social media to do it unless you're looking for attention. If I have an issue with someone at work, I go to HR not channel 8 news

Hmmm, so a player shared his personal experience in a manner of which you do not approve so that's why you used the words you did to undermine and minimize the players statements which you don't believe because, again, they weren't delivered in a manner of your liking?

He could have gotten a pretty good job with the help of alumni until he burned his bridges.[/QUOTE

If he worked a bit harder on getting a degree he could also get a pretty good job from like most students who go to college and have to pay for it. His focus was on the NFL money and taking short cuts by not following the plan
laid out for him food wise and partying on the weekends.
You get what you put into it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT