ADVERTISEMENT

Waffle House customer cooks his own meal while staffers sleep

THE_DEVIL

HB King
Aug 16, 2005
Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WSYX/WTTE) —
After a night of drinking a South Carolina man found himself alone in a restaurant cooking himself a meal as employees slept.

Alex Bowen, of West Columbia, said he couldn't sleep so he walked to a local Waffle House a block away from his house on Thursday. To his surprise, the staff was asleep.

Bowen told ABC News he waited at the register for 10 minutes for someone to take his order. He looked outside for employees, but didn't find anyone.

The 36-year-old decided he was going to get on the hot grill and make himself a Texas bacon cheesesteak melt. He even cleaned up after he was done.

Although he did not initially pay for his sandwich, Bowen came back and paid for it later that day.

His Facebook post has more than 1,000 shares. A Waffle House district manager reached out to Bowen and asked him to become a Waffle House secret shopper. He even thanked him for pointing out a flaw in their business, ABC News reported.

http://ktvo.com/news/offbeat/waffle-house-customer-cooks-his-own-meal-while-employees-sleep

No wonder they were all asleep. Does anyone go to that restaurant? He was there for 10 minutes, then made his own food? That's 20 plus minutes and everyone slept through it, and nobody came in? Seems like a load of BS. I can see the night shift being high or drunk, and sleeping through his visit.
What would have been funny would have been filling orders for other people that came in.
Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger.

Reactions: goldmom
That's insane....usually a crowd each Waffle House I'd frequent at any hour of the day. Whether it be the Cornelius, NC or Mooresville location

Have you ever been to Awful house? There’s more staff than customers, lol.

You know, I put up with a lot of shit from you.

You call Waffle House, Awful House one more time...

tMxUMsd.gif

You know, I put up with a lot of shit from you.

You call Waffle House, Awful House one more time...

I love Waffle House too (pecan waffle is my go-to, with hash browns n cheese in the AM or patty melt later), but this story doesn't completely surprise me. At one just north of Kansas City (St. Joe maybe) I went in and there in the middle of a summer weekday and there was one kid, the boss's son, who took my order and made my food while in his street clothes. And he couldn't have been older than 16. I was the only one in there too.

After my divorce, i picked up a marginally bangable 40 something woman at the meet market and was taking her back to her place. We were both a little hungry and i suggested ordering a pizza. She says, no, i work at waffle house, we can get a free breakfast there and it's right on the way. We sit down and the manager comes over and says someone didn't show up and offered her overtime if she could cover. She says sorry hun, i really need the money, took off her high heels, threw on an apron and took my order.

tl, dr: Didn't get laid, but got a free breakfast at Waffle House

This story would have been even better if Kid Rock and his crew stopped in and kicked the guy's ass.

Reactions: dgordo
After my divorce, i picked up a marginally bangable 40 something woman at the meet market and was taking her back to her place. We were both a little hungry and i suggested ordering a pizza. She says, no, i work at waffle house, we can get a free breakfast there and it's right on the way. We sit down and the manager comes over and says someone didn't show up and offered her overtime if she could cover. She says sorry hun, i really need the money, took off her high heels, threw on an apron and took my order.

tl, dr: Didn't get laid, but got a free breakfast at Waffle House
I’m trying to wrap my mind around the fact you never banged this chick...you sober up and realize she was an LA 7?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT