ADVERTISEMENT

Wagner at Practice Today...

coaching buddy at the clinic or what?

Can I just say I have a source?

This is what I have been told...

No 1 O and D looked really good and both lines looked good. No 2 offense did not. Concern at CB and WR. Petras can really sling it and Mansell has not looked at as good. I don’t want anyone to get carried away, just passing along what a little birdie told me.

No 1 O and D looked really good and both lines looked good. No 2 offense did not. Concern at CB and WR. Petras can really sling it and Mansell has not looked at as good. I don’t want anyone to get carried away, just passing along what a little birdie told me.
Nice hearing the #1 O and D look really good. Excited about Petras

AW checking out practice, gettin that football scent! Hope he decides he wants to join in the festivities.. did I hear even if he does stay at Iowa for football he won’t participate this spring??

Petras is going to be a stud.

According to Jellyfish10, "Lots of 'F' words being used." I presume those would be
"F" words like...fabulous, fantastic, fervent, felicitous, fearless, first-class, flashy, flawless, fleet, focused, formidable, and fun? Fantastical... ;)

But really, other "F" words, IMHO of course, have no more business on the football field than they do in the classroom. Teaching is teaching, and good coaching is teaching.

KF says he's not just building football players, he's building men. Well, maybe a ban on the infamous "F" word would be an effective building block in that process.

I had the misfortune of attending several football practices--all of which were open in those days--that were directed by short-term head coach Frank Lauterbur. His staff swore so much that it made Andrew Dice Clay blush.

I've played and I've coached, and I never found swearing helpful in either role. Like I said, the football field is just another classroom, and it should be treated as such...IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Jellyfish10, "Lots of 'F' words being used." I presume those would be
"F" words like...fabulous, fantastic, fervent, felicitous, fearless, first-class, flashy, flawless, fleet, focused, formidable, and fun? Fantastical... ;)

But really, other "F" words, IMHO of course, have no more business on the football field than they do in the classroom. Teaching is teaching, and good coaching is teaching.

KF says he's not just building football players, he's building men. Well, maybe a ban on the infamous "F" word would be an effective building block in that process.

I had the misfortune of attending several football practices--all of which were open in those days--that were directed by short-term head coach Frank Lauterbur. His staff swore so much that it made Andrew Dice Clay blush.

I've played and I've coached, and I never found swearing helpful in either role. Like I said, the football field is just another classroom, and it should be treated as such...IMHO.

This is funny.

F#%@ you!

I teach physics and engineering ... and "F" words are dropped in my classroom too. If language is used in a way that doesn't disrespect and/or disempower people ... but instead facilitates how students relate to their teachers/coaches ... then I don't give a rats ass if people drop expletives on the practice field OR the class-room.

Of course, my personal philosophy here is also part of the reason why I've never had the desire to teach anybody other than college students. There are few things more annoying than a parent with a corncob stuck too far up their anus - I sincerely feel for high school teachers who have to put up with overly-triggered parents.

ADVERTISEMENT