ADVERTISEMENT

Wait...who's in charge here?

this is about Nebraska getting absolutely crushed 40-10 in front of God and everybody... on the big stage... and the obviousness that Nebraska is no where near a big time team..

has there been any talk of Nebraska joining the MAC yet?

I think that would create a perfect time for Iowa State to join the Big Ten.
how exciting would that be?

this is about Nebraska getting absolutely crushed 40-10 in front of God and everybody... on the big stage... and the obviousness that Nebraska is no where near a big time team..

has there been any talk of Nebraska joining the MAC yet?

I think that would create a perfect time for Iowa State to join the Big Ten.
how exciting would that be?

All this is true. The MAC attack to get Nebraska is of course led by former Nebraska coaching great Frank Solich. All this could happen in 2020.

Sounds like the Nebraska fan base is really excited about the possibility to again win 9 games.

Iowa State to the B1G is just a rumor. They can't afford a baseball program and most of their senior basketball players fail to pass the test of Amateur Status.

53697461.jpg

Tom Shittel is the ultimate rah, rah go Red writer for the Omaha World Herald.

Remarkably he deviates from his rosy view and gives Red fans a dose of reality.

Fans want Black Friday, or at least the most vocal do. Admin don't want Black Friday as for some reason Riley believes it is better to have the one additional day of rest and play Saturday. Up to Nebraska and Minnesota to agree and inquire with Big Ten to have on Black Friday. That one will get kicked down the chain on tv. Hopefully Wisky and Iowa submit for Black Friday also. Both could be on that day. Who will most people watch. LOL.

I completely disagree... I think Iowa State would add lots of excitement to the Big Ten... (as compared with Nebraska)

think about this...
Iowa plays Nebraska.. its a blow out... 40-10
Iowa plays Iowa State... its an overtime thriller... 44-41

Iowa State would bring lots of excitement.. I would love it for them to join the Big Ten.

I think Eichorst's comments are a trial balloon about the game. The blowback will have NE put it back on the table and they'll probably continue to play there. The conference and TV partners surely want at least one game that day, it has been a ratings winner for the NE/IA game. Last year there were only three P5/P5 games that day.

I completely disagree... I think Iowa State would add lots of excitement to the Big Ten... (as compared with Nebraska)

think about this...
Cherry pick much. ISU is worthless. Nobody in the big ten is giving up 50 mil a yr.

think about this...

Iowa State would bring lots of excitement.. I would love it for them to join the Big Ten.
Ok, so you've had some fun with this, but lets head back to reality shall we. First off, as insufferable as their fans are. Nebraska is still a brand in college football. No their not the team, they were in the 90's and may never be a power in the BIG. We don't know that yet, yes or no. The BIG would NEVER take ISU into the fold, and to make statements that they would bring more to the table then Nebraska, is ludicrous. I for one am enjoying having the upper hand on the shuckers for the time being, but lets not be naive enough to think that their not capable of being a formidable opponent.

Reactions: F6n6
Fans want Black Friday, or at least the most vocal do. Admin don't want Black Friday as for some reason Riley believes it is better to have the one additional day of rest and play Saturday. Up to Nebraska and Minnesota to agree and inquire with Big Ten to have on Black Friday. That one will get kicked down the chain on tv. Hopefully Wisky and Iowa submit for Black Friday also. Both could be on that day. Who will most people watch. LOL.

I'm guessing tv will choose the game it wants on Friday. Whichever matchup looks best for ratings. They probably see better B1G games going on, and don't want to get stuck with Nebraska every year. They're hardly the Cowboys.

Ok, so you've had some fun with this, but lets head back to reality shall we. First off, as insufferable as their fans are. Nebraska is still a brand in college football. No their not the team, they were in the 90's and may never be a power in the BIG. We don't know that yet, yes or no. The BIG would NEVER take ISU into the fold, and to make statements that they would bring more to the table then Nebraska, is ludicrous. I for one am enjoying having the upper hand on the shuckers for the time being, but lets not be naive enough to think that their not capable of being a formidable opponent.
A brand to who? 40+ yes, under 40 no.

A brand to who? 40+ yes, under 40 no.
Cmon, were having fun welcoming Neb into the BIG, no doubt, but do you really think that to the national pundits, reporters, talk shows, coaches, whomever, not a card carrying Hawk fan, that Nebraska, still is not a bigger brand nationally then Iowa? It remains to be seen if their able to acclimate into BIG football, but saying their on a level or below ISU, just makes Iowa fans look like the backroad cow tippers some of the media try to portray us as.

think about this...

On a serious not, Iowa State would be geographical/travel benefits to Big Ten Schools like Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesot and Wisconsin...and to a lesser extent Illinois and Northwestern. This would be especially true for the non-revenue sports.

On the "Iowa State has no baseball team" I would remind you that Iowa has no Hockey team either and the Hawks still bring a lot to the table athletic-wise.

Last edited:
Reactions: F6n6
Debby doesn't like being in the spotlight when there is a possibility of being embarrassed on national TV. Perhaps they re-evaluated where Iowa was and realized the program couldn't afford the humiliation of another beat down with few other P5 teams to offer a distraction from Debby's patheticness.

Debby is having talks with Minny about playing on Black Friday
further proving my point that this move is about fear of the opponent.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkbleeder
Shatel doesn't seem to understand that nobody is interested in watching a .500 team play in a prime time afternoon slot on a day when tons of people are interested in 1) eating 2) doing nothing and 3) watching football.

I'm not saying that Iowa is some Big Ten power, but let's be honest. Who is more likely to be competing for a Big Ten championship in the coming years based on the past few, Iowa and Wisconsin, or Nebraska and Minnesota? And yes, I realize that it is a cycle.

I'm guessing tv will choose the game it wants on Friday. Whichever matchup looks best for ratings. They probably see better B1G games going on, and don't want to get stuck with Nebraska every year. They're hardly the Cowboys.

I don't believe it is limited to just two teams on Black Friday. Believe it is open to other Big ten teams if desired to play that day vs Saturday.

On a serious not, Iowa State would be geographical/travel benefits to Big Ten Schools like Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesot and Wisconsin...and to a lesser extent Illinois and Northwestern. This would be especially true for the non-revenue sports.

On the "Iowa State has no baseball team" I would remind you that Iowa has no Hockey team either and the Hawks still bring a lot to the table athletic-wise.
Wisconsin doesn't play baseball either. It would be an issue if ISU didn't have these 5 sports:

Football
Mens Basketball
Women's Basketball
Wrestling
Volleyball

Which Iowa state has all.

If you like schadenfreude, check out Nebby's board. Larry the Cable Guy is starting a revolution.

Debby doesn't like being in the spotlight when there is a possibility of being embarrassed on national TV. Perhaps they re-evaluated where Iowa was and realized the program couldn't afford the humiliation of another beat down with few other P5 teams to offer a distraction from Debby's patheticness.

Debby is having talks with Minny about playing on Black Friday
further proving my point that this move is about fear of the opponent.
This point the author might be inaccurate on when he says it's not about Iowa and it wasn't about Colorado. The Nebby vs Colorado matchup always appealed to me because both were good.

Cmon, were having fun welcoming Neb into the BIG, no doubt, but do you really think that to the national pundits, reporters, talk shows, coaches, whomever, not a card carrying Hawk fan, that Nebraska, still is not a bigger brand nationally then Iowa? It remains to be seen if their able to acclimate into BIG football, but saying their on a level or below ISU, just makes Iowa fans look like the backroad cow tippers some of the media try to portray us as.
Where did I compare Nebraska to Iowa or ISU?

Where did I compare Nebraska to Iowa or ISU?
Sorry, but some of this was directed to F6 who said ISU was a better fit then Nebraska for the BIG. You did however say that Nebraska was not a BRAND currently, and I don't think most of the countries media, writers or fans believe that still today Neb is not a bigger brand then Iowa. Now we Hawks have a different view of our neighbors to the west, but......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT