ADVERTISEMENT

Walmart removes guns and ammunition displays, citing concerns of ‘civil unrest’

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Walmart has removed gun and ammunition displays from thousands of U.S. stores, citing concerns of “civil unrest.”
The world’s largest retailer said Thursday that customers can continue to purchase guns and ammunition by request. Walmart currently sells firearms at about half of its 4,700 U.S. stores.
“We have seen some isolated civil unrest and as we have done on several occasions over the last few years, we have moved our firearms and ammunition off the sales floor as a precaution for the safety of our associates and customers,” spokesman Kory Lundberg said in a statement on Thursday.
Read the full story

Reactions: ft254
A responsible response.
I would think the people that you'd need to be concerned about, already have guns. This just makes it more difficult for those that don't to defend themselves from those that have them. So, if you're choosing one side over the other, I guess you could say this is a responsible response.

I would think the people that you'd need to be concerned about, already have guns. This just makes it more difficult for those that don't to defend themselves from those that have them. So, if you're choosing one side over the other, I guess you could say this is a responsible response.

I’ve watched looting for months. Walmart is making a responsible response to a legitimate concern. Read into it as you wish.

It's a sad condition when we need businesses to sell guns to people for protection against people that already have guns, but that is the case.

Fcvk the NRA and Fcvk the 2nd Amendment that our country is in this shape.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT