ADVERTISEMENT

Wamo, blamo, ma'amo

Vallholl

HR Legend
Feb 2, 2013
I haven't watched the replay so this is what I can remember about the dual last night. Okay, I did watch Abe's match first thing, but that's the only one.

Mrs. V went to the dual with me. We sit with good friends and on the way home, listened to 800 in the car. Tom was Tom on the radio. "Wamo, blamo, ma'amo" or something very similiar came out of his mouth on KXIC. The wives thought he was being funny. No, he's being Tom Brands.

Nebraska has a good team. They had a good strategy to stiff arm the Iowa wrestlers and keep things close. Manning surely didn't disappoint. Sweet looking sweater vest. Talking to the refs w/o throwing his challenge brick. Gets two bench warnings (akin to double secret probation?) and then wanting stalling in the two matches they won. It almost felt like he was talking to the refs about something that was a bad argument in order to give his wrestler time to catch his breath. Anyone know how many bench warnings you can get a match?

Crowd was all right. The crowd got into the late take downs and winners. KY, Bull, Kemerer and Abe stick out as 3rd period clinchers. In my memory, the last TD in those matches ended with the Nebby wrestler flat with no desire to get up until after the horn.

ADS is leading by 4(?) to start the 3rd period so if Lovett wants to ride the whole period and lose by 3, some of that is on Lovett. Was the ride to prevent that MD? Why doesn't he realize at 1 min that he needs to cut him? I hate to think that Manning would try to do something other than winning, so I'll let that go. Needless to say, ADS earned that win with the TDs in the 1st / 2nd period.

Lugo wrestled a guy who was a head taller. Glad to see the finish.

White should never go under against Bull.

I was glad to see Kemerer grind that match out. That actually makes me feel better in some ways than 1st period win.

All in all, these matches felt like Friday matches and that fact that Iowa grinded it out in many of them, makes me happy. Do I think Iowa is going to run away with it all in March? No, but I feel good, better than I have in the previous Januarys.

And I've got two more Friday Nights and there better be more than 12,882 of my friends there.

ADS is leading by 4(?) to start the 3rd period so if Lovett wants to ride the whole period and lose by 3, some of that is on Lovett. Was the ride to prevent that MD? Why doesn't he realize at 1 min that he needs to cut him? I hate to think that Manning would try to do something other than winning, so I'll let that go.

You think Lovett wanted any part of ADS on his feet? His only chance was to somehow work that bar arm into a tilt. You could see it on his face when the PD was called. You know Manning wasn't going to call for a cut.

Reactions: sabula and Grip220
Not really related, but Valholl's talk about Nebby's delay tactics got me thinking about it-

What is the justification behind being allowed to 'coach' during blood time, but not injury time. I get one is objective and the other subjective and injury time is a lot easier to fake, and thus easier to abuse, but I don't know why coaching is allowed in either case.

Not really related, but Valholl's talk about Nebby's delay tactics got me thinking about it-

What is the justification behind being allowed to 'coach' during blood time, but not injury time. I get one is objective and the other subjective and injury time is a lot easier to fake, and thus easier to abuse, but I don't know why coaching is allowed in either case.
I was concerned that the NE wrestler was going to be unable to finish after concussion protocol and KY was going to be DQ'd but then I may worry too much sometimes.

Reactions: just_somebody
Oh and Terry was gold all match. Really fired up and motioning to his friend Manning.

Bobby T. standing on the folding chair and waving his Sorenson bandana after the Bull's TD is pretty solid as well.

Reactions: Inthecircle
Oh and Terry was gold all match. Really fired up and motioning to his friend Manning.

Bobby T. standing on the folding chair and waving his Sorenson bandana after the Bull's TD is pretty solid as well.

On the broadcast (was playing games with my kids at the time) I thought it was M* up there and thought the place must really be going crazy

Nebraska has a good team. They had a good strategy to stiff arm the Iowa wrestlers and keep things close. Manning surely didn't disappoint. Sweet looking sweater vest. Talking to the refs w/o throwing his challenge brick. Gets two bench warnings (akin to double secret probation?) and then wanting stalling in the two matches they won. It almost felt like he was talking to the refs about something that was a bad argument in order to give his wrestler time to catch his breath. Anyone know how many bench warnings you can get in a match?.

I thought you got one warning and then points start getting deducted. So, I turned to Google and found the below form rule changes prior to 15-16 season. So, unless it was changed again, should have been a team point, but would not have mattered.

First, there was a modification of rules governing "control of mat area" (rule 3.13.5). There is now a more stringent penalty structure for coaches who violate rules such as leaving the matside coaching box, interfering with the work of the referee, or badgering officials. With the new penalty structure, a coach is given a warning upon the first infraction. On the second infraction, the coach's team is penalized one team point. If there's a third violation, there's a two-point team penalty, and the coach is ejected from the remainder of the competition.

There are two warnings and then a team point deducted. What should not have been allowed is disagreeing with a call, while not throwing the challenge brick. This is where one warning came from, however, it provided a rest for the Neb. Wrestler.

You think Lovett wanted any part of ADS on his feet? His only chance was to somehow work that bar arm into a tilt. You could see it on his face when the PD was called. You know Manning wasn't going to call for a cut.
Lovett did well to undertook and tie up opposite elbow in neutral to slow desanto down. He wasn’t trying to score just trying to weather neutral position.

Lovett is similar to backpack, huge for the weight, good on top but not as good at turning, better gas tank. Originally projected as 141 to 149.

Reactions: Kwoodhawk
ADVERTISEMENT