ADVERTISEMENT

Want tickets to this year's Field of Dreams game? You'll need an Iowa ZIP code

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Iowa residents once again have the inside edge on grabbing tickets to Major League Baseball’s game at the “Field of Dreams” movie site later this summer.

Fans with an Iowa zip code can enter a public registration for a ticket lottery for this year's Major League Baseball game between the Cincinnati Reds and Chicago Cubs on Aug. 11 in Dyersville.

The registration takes place through June 9 on the event website. Winners of the lottery will be notified on June 15. They’ll have an opportunity to purchase two tickets and one parking pass to the game.

The game will be played at a specially constructed park built near the field from the iconic 1989 movie starring Kevin Costner. Costner plays an Iowa farmer who plows over his corn to build a baseball field for Joe Jackson and other members of the banished Chicago White Sox to play on.

Iowans got a chance to purchase tickets to last year's game as well through a special lottery. The ones that made it were treated to a historic show. Costner was part of a touching tribute, appearing out of the corn and greeting members of the Chicago White Sox and New York Yankees during a picture-perfect Iowa evening.

The two teams went on to play a memorable back and forth contest that ended with White Sox shortstop Tim Anderson belting a walk-off home run into the corn. Nearly six million viewers tuned into the game and made it the most watched single regular season baseball game on any network since 1998.

While it will be tough to top with this year's game, MLB and FOX are hoping to once again put on a show for fans and viewers. Two Iowa Minor League Baseball teams, the Quad Cities River Bandits and Cedar Rapids Kernels, will play at the park two days before the MLB game. FOX also plans to honor Ray Liotta, the late actor who played Jackson in the movie, during the broadcast. Liotta died last week at the age of 67.

Did anyone gett an email yesterday regarding tickets being available from the 1st ticket lottery?

I had an email sent to me from MLB.com stating that I had the option to buy tickets but it was 1st come 1st served and the deadline was Friday at 12. I was able to get 2 tickets and a parking pass yesterday. Tickets are in my MLB ticket account. Very surprised.

Reactions: Moral and B1GDeal
Did anyone gett an email yesterday regarding tickets being available from the 1st ticket lottery?

I had an email sent to me from MLB.com stating that I had the option to buy tickets but it was 1st come 1st served and the deadline was Friday at 12. I was able to get 2 tickets and a parking pass yesterday. Tickets are in my MLB ticket account. Very surprised.
I got my rejection email last week.

• Sad
Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT