ADVERTISEMENT

Warchant Refugees: Do you remember the day the Locker Room died?

Here's the thing - he WAS smarter/better than you. The guy's dumps were smarter than you. He's on staff in the psych dept at UCLA and you're a middle manager at some sad retirement prison.
But it didn't mean he was a bad mod. He took more shit than anyone on that board and he didn't complain or ban people because of it.
UCLA often came across as an arrogant prick, BUT I concur he was fair. Of all the times he and I got into it, he never once banned me (that was always reserved for No Soul--who LOVED to take his ball and go home).

I can also admit there were times UCLA and I did agree on certain topics and have had more than one amicable chat off the boards.

UCLA often came across as an arrogant prick, BUT I concur he was fair. Of all the times he and I got into it, he never once banned me (that was always reserved for No Soul--who LOVED to take his ball and go home).

I can also admit there were times UCLA and I did agree on certain topics and have had more than one amicable chat off the boards.
UCLA was not shy about his opinions. On a board that had a lot of old school southern red-necks on it a lot of those opinions went over like a fart in church. He did not care or back down. Many people believed that because he would express those opinions anyway and suffer the abuse they caused that he must be trolling. As far as I could tell, and I had many chats with him off-line and was facebook friends with him for a long while, the dude was genuine. Even to the point that he didn't wear shorts except for exercise.
Do I think he knew that those opinions would piss certain groups off? Absolutely. Do I think that his refusal to respond in kind to the ugliness that was thrown at him daily was part of the reason certain groups were sure he was trolling? Yep. But that's just because they couldn't see beyond their behavior.

UCLA was not shy about his opinions. On a board that had a lot of old school southern red-necks on it a lot of those opinions went over like a fart in church. He did not care or back down. Many people believed that because he would express those opinions anyway and suffer the abuse they caused that he must be trolling. As far as I could tell, and I had many chats with him off-line and was facebook friends with him for a long while, the dude was genuine. Even to the point that he didn't wear shorts except for exercise.
Do I think he knew that those opinions would piss certain groups off? Absolutely. Do I think that his refusal to respond in kind to the ugliness that was thrown at him daily was part of the reason certain groups were sure he was trolling? Yep. But that's just because they couldn't see beyond their behavior.

Sorry we talked bad about your boyfriend, dude.

He made a brief foray into HORT. His position on wearing shorts or jeans was preposterous. Especially shorts. What kind of psycho refuses to wear shorts on the weekend or at night in the dead heat of summer, and says wearing them is only for children? And if he is that wrong about shorts, how can you really trust his position on anything?

No offense, we are on the same team. But this sounds gay af, especially with the shorts comment. NTTAWWT but L oh freaking L

Reactions: goldmom
He made a brief foray into HORT. His position on wearing shorts or jeans was preposterous. Especially shorts. What kind of psycho refuses to wear shorts on the weekend or at night in the dead heat of summer, and says wearing them is only for children? And if he is that wrong about shorts, how can you really trust his position on anything?
I don't get the shorts either, but he was a bit of an old school gentleman. Wore a hat with his suits too IIRC.
As for the dead of heat of summer - he lives close to the ocean in LA, it never gets real hot there in the summer. Go 5 miles inland and he'd catch fire.

I don't get the shorts either, but he was a bit of an old school gentleman. Wore a hat with his suits too IIRC.
As for the dead of heat of summer - he lives close to the ocean in LA, it never gets real hot there in the summer. Go 5 miles inland and he'd catch fire.

What about when he lived in Tallahassee?

Can you imagine sharing a dorm room with that guy in Salley Hall?

Reactions: seminoleed
Sounds dreamy. Did you ever hook up?

Well given he had FSU in his handle, I assume he grew up in Florida and attended FSU. Weird. As far as wearing a hat with his suit, that is also preposterous unless he is like the 0.001% who can pull it off. It might be 0% for people actually alive today.

Well given he had FSU in his handle, I assume he grew up in Florida and attended FSU. Weird. As far as wearing a hat with his suit, that is also preposterous unless he is like the 0.001% who can pull it off. It actually might be 0% for people actually alive today.
Worse - he grew up in Alabama.

Reactions: goldmom and DFSNOLE
Worse - he grew up in Alabama.
7b102f319ff21918d191e3d96b2e874b_w200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Jedhawk77
I had offline interaction with him as well and I do have to agree with you to an extent. But I also hold to the idea that he did treat the LR/RC as something of his own Petri dish.
I have no ill will towards him.

UCLA was a good guy. A bit pompous at times but laid back and never griped about the crap thrown his way, as I can recall. In addition to the shorts, pretty sure he thought adults should not wear baseball hats.

I do think he was embarrassed about growing up in Alabama and hated the racism and bigotry he was around so rejected anything even close to that. If that made some people uncomfortable, well...good.

I’ll throw Trad a bone, too - we tease him and he gets a ton of abuse but in all the years he’s never whined or complained to mods (as far as I know).

Number One, the guy is straight. Two he’s from Alabama and if I’m not mistaken a small town with Deep South traditions.
Three and this is just a wild guess - he’s a fair skinned redhead IIRC so maybe he was self conscious about not having the usual Cali tan?

Uh, it gets plenty hot in the summer in LA. Maybe not balls ass humid sticky hot like Florida, but that’s really not gonna excuse this guys shorts phobia or whatever lol.

I’ll throw Trad a bone, too - we tease him and he gets a ton of abuse but in all the years he’s never whined or complained to mods (as far as I know).

That's childish. If you can't handle being insulted by anonymous message board posters, then you need to grow a thicker skin.

It would be different if you get doxxed. Now that would be super-concerning.

I don’t think Gene got what kind of business he was running at that point. Warchant wasn’t on the cutting edge of news and anything they reported was free on TN, Twitter or Reddit.

The reason to subscribe was because you supported what they were doing. I looked at the membership like a Patreon type thing.

Moving politics to the RC, then killing it. Running off a bunch of people for trivial things. Banning recruiting info that was so old my parents read about it in the Palm Beach Post. Everything they did seemed like it was designed to kill fun.

Uh, it gets plenty hot in the summer in LA. Maybe not balls ass humid sticky hot like Florida, but that’s really not gonna excuse this guys shorts phobia or whatever lol.
Thanks, I’ve lived in LA. There are parts that get very hot, and then there are the parts near the beach…

The last “nice” thing Warchant did was to have an event up at the Champions Club before the Spring Game in 2018.

Number One, the guy is straight. Two he’s from Alabama and if I’m not mistaken a small town with Deep South traditions.
Three and this is just a wild guess - he’s a fair skinned redhead IIRC so maybe he was self conscious about not having the usual Cali tan?
Not sure how sexuality or being from a deep-south town correlates one’s position on wearing shorts. Not sure how one’s self-consciousness of one’s inability to tan correlates with one’s position on other people wearing shorts. The last sentence in the post you responded to was clearly a joke, but it does not make his position on shorts any less bizarre or haughty.

That's childish. If you can't handle being insulted by anonymous message board posters, then you need to grow a thicker skin.

It would be different if you get doxxed. Now that would be super-concerning.

I posted a photo of your workplace a while back. You took it in stride. Respect

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT