ADVERTISEMENT

Warchant Refugees: Do you remember the day the Locker Room died?

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
I remember it like it was yesterday.

I was at one of our locations taking a smoke break, and I checked in to see what was going on at Warchant on my smartphone, when saw the pinned, locked topic from the mods announcing a total prohibition on any sort of political speech at Warchant.

Some of the refugees took shelter at a homegrown message board by members for members, but that suffered from the same sort of crap that killed Warchant.

FINALLY someone suggested there was a freedom-loving message board up north that would welcome us.

The rest is history.

I got banned from there because one of the douche commie mods didn’t like me from this board. Not for anything I did over there. Still posts here from time to time I believe.

Reactions: The Tradition
I remember it being switched over to a paid board...I posted a question about what was going on and got banned...something about Gene favoriting a single, female poster's delicate nature over multiple-decades long paying members. No Soul banned me for asking a question, so I bolted over here and never looked back.

My sig block is a tribute to those days.

It was the RC politics board that got shut down with very little notice. Then they acted like they were doing us a big favor by keeping the board open for a few additional hours so we could figure out a new destination and communicate that to everyone.

You're right. I forgot they created a sub-board for political chat and then banned political chat at that board.

It was the RC politics board that got shut down with very little notice. Then they acted like they were doing us a big favor by keeping the board open for a few additional hours so we could figure out a new destination and communicate that to everyone.

I thought they gave it like a week before they were switching to be a paid. And then a couple folks went and zombie threaded the eff out of the site and the mods flipped the switch on that day.

I got on one morning and noticed my pinned threads had been removed. I then read the one about the board going premium and no one was allowed to comment. I had been the primary mod on that board for over 5 years and was given no notice at all. When posters emailed and asked what was going on, the prepared response was that it was a collective decision involving all of us which was a lie.
They killed a board over the fragility of one poster who didn't understand the culture and the twisted sense of morality of the lead moderator. I just looked and there are threads on the first page with the last response in March. Good riddance.

I remember it being switched over to a paid board...I posted a question about what was going on and got banned...something about Gene favoriting a single, female poster's delicate nature over multiple-decades long paying members. No Soul banned me for asking a question, so I bolted over here and never looked back.

My sig block is a tribute to those days.

I contributed to the demise. The fragile, delicate poster had come on board looking for a lawyer for some asinine reason. I think she was looking to sue somebody for defamation because they said something that offended her fragile, delicate nature. So, me being the helpful guy that I am, offered my services. She was too stupid to get my sarcasm in my posts pointing out how stupid her idea to sue was, but other posters did and started piling on. She finally figured out that she was being mocked and ran to her Warchant moderator buddy (obviously not DFS) who then made it a mission to kill the Locker Room.

I contributed to the demise. The fragile, delicate poster had come on board looking for a lawyer for some asinine reason. I think she was looking to sue somebody for defamation because they said something that offended her fragile, delicate nature. So, me being the helpful guy that I am, offered my services. She was too stupid to get my sarcasm in my posts pointing out how stupid her idea to sue was, but other posters did and started piling on. She finally figured out that she was being mocked and ran to her Warchant moderator buddy (obviously not DFS) who then made it a mission to kill the Locker Room.
Gene recommended she ask her question in the LR because multiple attorneys posted there and she ran straight to him when her feelings got hurt which makes me think they might be related or personal friends at least. It was actually DQ who asked her which social media platform someone posted her nudes on. NoleSoul interpreted that as him asking her to send him pictures. It snowballed from there.

Worst thing was I was on vacation in South America while all of this was going on. I didn't find out what happened until I got back.

I still miss those days. I still frequent the Pro and General Sports board frequently, but no way would I ever give
them a penny of mine. I appreciate this site for what it is, and try to be a good member in standing.

I even root for Iowa in the Big 10 now.

Does that board get much traffic anymore or is it a ghost town now other than the premium members?
Boo, bitch!

pumpkin-man-dwight.gif

For me it was the switch to subscription that was the final nail in the coffin. I was there up until that point with the occasional appearance here over the years. It was refreshing coming over here since the the board seemed to be mostly left with a sprinkling of rightists while warchant was the opposite.

Gene recommended she ask her question in the LR because multiple attorneys posted there and she ran straight to him when her feelings got hurt which makes me think they might be related or personal friends at least. It was actually DQ who asked her which social media platform someone posted her nudes on. NoleSoul interpreted that as him asking her to send him pictures. It snowballed from there.

Worst thing was I was on vacation in South America while all of this was going on. I didn't find out what happened until I got back.

Was she related to Gene?

For me it was the switch to subscription that was the final nail in the coffin. I was there up until that point with the occasional appearance here over the years. It was refreshing coming over here since the the board seemed to be mostly left with a sprinkling of rightists while warchant was the opposite.
Less MAGAs is always better. Idk why we even allow some of the ones on here.

Yep, I remember that. I got a 24hr ban, slap on the wrist, and the next thing I knew the board was paid and there was a mass exodus. Still haven't received the nudes. :p

Question about the mass exodus on the FSU boards. Are the mods that shut it down still running the asylum? Seems to me, if I was the owner of this site and traffic came to a screeching halt suddenly on one of my boards I would want to know what the fvck was going on. Traffic is what drives revenue right? Maybe I'm wrong.

Question about the mass exodus on the FSU boards. Are the mods that shut it down still running the asylum? Seems to me, if I was the owner of this site and traffic came to a screeching halt suddenly on one of my boards I would want to know what the fvck was going on. Traffic is what drives revenue right? Maybe I'm wrong.

Gene wants a sports board. That's it. He never liked the idea of an off-topic board.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
The owner shut it down and yes, the mods are still there.

He's an idiot. For a few years that board was driving more traffic than all the other boards combined. Then they strangled it to death.

You're still an idiot. UCLA was only a mod on the politics board and that board was gone before this happened. And he took shit from idiots day in and day out without banning you for it. Dumbass.

You don't have to overutilize the ban button in order to be an elitist prick.

ADVERTISEMENT