ADVERTISEMENT

Warchant Refugees: Do you remember the day the Locker Room died?

You're still an idiot. UCLA was only a mod on the politics board and that board was gone before this happened. And he took shit from idiots day in and day out without banning you for it. Dumbass.
In retrospect, UCLA did all right considering the position he was in, and being very vocal about his take on things.
He got me for a few stupid things, but I got away with way more than I got banned for.

In retrospect, UCLA did all right considering the position he was in, and being very vocal about his take on things.
He got me for a few stupid things, but I got away with way more than I got banned for.

It has nothing to do with him being a mod or his moderation style.

It has to do with him as a poster. He thought he was better than all the Noles because he went on to UCLA and actually talked down about our beloved university.

He's a traitor to the tribe.

It has to do with him as a poster. He thought he was better than all the Noles because he went on to UCLA and actually talked down about our beloved university.

Oh as a poster, I argued with him all the time.
I don’t really recall the arrogance from a school
Perspective - but I’m a smooth brained idiot so I never treaded in those educational elitists waters with any seriousness either.

Reactions: BelemNole
I got on one morning and noticed my pinned threads had been removed. I then read the one about the board going premium and no one was allowed to comment. I had been the primary mod on that board for over 5 years and was given no notice at all. When posters emailed and asked what was going on, the prepared response was that it was a collective decision involving all of us which was a lie.
They killed a board over the fragility of one poster who didn't understand the culture and the twisted sense of morality of the lead moderator. I just looked and there are threads on the first page with the last response in March. Good riddance.
Love the avatar. Is NIPOTY nearly improved poster of the year?

Here's the thing - he WAS smarter/better than you. The guy's dumps were smarter than you. He's on staff in the psych dept at UCLA and you're a middle manager at some sad retirement prison.
But it didn't mean he was a bad mod. He took more shit than anyone on that board and he didn't complain or ban people because of it.

Here's the thing - he WAS smarter/better than you. The guy's dumps were smarter than you. He's on staff in the psych dept at UCLA and you're a middle manager at some sad retirement prison.
But it didn't mean he was a bad mod. He took more shit than anyone on that board and he didn't complain or ban people because of it.

kevin-the-office.gif

Here's the part you don't seem to get, Einstein...

I never said he was a bad mod.

He's a bad poster.

There's a difference.

stripes-lighten-up.gif

And the only reason most people knew about this board was from the "field trips" we used to take all over the place. It didn't take long for most of us to get banned at Warchant. Baylor, on the other hand...
Haven't been to Baylor for many, many years. Want to say the last time was the FT from 2010(?) Is it still the Wild West, governed by no one?

The hell he didn't. The fact you had your nose up his ass apparently meant you didn't have to worry about.

I remember when Ian was working on his Ph.D. during all this, and I'm still convinced he used all of this as
a study group for his doctorate. Which would have been brilliant on his part.

But he'll always be a douche as far as I'm concerned.

So non-official poll for our Nole friends,... How does HROT at it's best compare to Warchant at it's best?

The hell he didn't. The fact you had your nose up his ass apparently meant you didn't have to worry about.

I remember when Ian was working on his Ph.D. during all this, and I'm still convinced he used all of this as

Yeah, I remember that theory from the board wingnuts. Glad to know you haven't gotten any smarter.

Gene cares about memberships only and he knows the TC drives the forum train. He doesn't give a crap about any other board. It was RealtyNole and NoleSoul who got the LR shut down.
Terry is the mod over there now and he’s run off so many people. I’ve gotten warnings and threats that were just silly.

Reactions: DFSNOLE

He “took people’s shit” because it was part of what he considered his grand experiment of manipulation and planting seeds.
If certain people were smarter they’d have seen it.
That said I always had a grudging admiration for him. Plus he was easier to figure out than he thought he was.

Does anyone remember the date they shut down the LR? There was a thread here that day that mostly existed to encourage everyone to go over there and cause chaos.

So non-official poll for our Nole friends,... How does HROT at it's best compare to Warchant at it's best?

There are a lot of similarities. The one thing that is missing here that we had there was the meeting in person mostly for FB tailgates, FB spring game, bowl games and annual baseball bbq party. I suppose we could make a road trip to Iowa for the Rage bro bike ride across the state.

I quit posting there long before it shut down. I found the over-moderation to be insufferable. It got to the point that asking about legitimate restaurants resulted in threads being locked for some reason. I don’t have anything nice to say about the moderators there and I’ll leave it at that.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
There are a lot of similarities. The one thing that is missing here that we had there was the meeting in person mostly for FB tailgates, FB spring game, bowl games and annual baseball bbq party. I suppose we could make a road trip to Iowa for the Rage bro bike ride across the state.

Or you guys could start a running thread here to use as base for staging get togethers for all the Nole events you just described...

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
Lol WGAF about some psych professor. Woopty do someone really likes school and being lazy. The people in my masters program who went on to get a phd were not the best and brightest.

• Haha
Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT