ADVERTISEMENT

Warner to compete at Junior Worlds in Slovakia - Results

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004
https://iowawrestlingblog.com/2018/09/warner-to-compete-at-junior-worlds-in-slovakia/

92 kg Champ. Round 1 - Askhab Hamzatov (AZERBAIJAN) won by decision over Jacob Alexander Warner (UNITED STATES) (Dec 6-6)

TrackWrestling will be live streaming matches.

* Times listed below have already been converted to Central Standard Time (CST).

2018 JUNIOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

at Trnava, Slovakia, Sept. 17-23

Schedule

Saturday, Sept. 22

3:30 a.m. – Qualification rounds (men’s FS 61 kg, 74 kg, 86 kg, 92 kg, 125 kg)

3:30 a.m. – Repechage (men’s FS 57 kg, 65 kg, 70 kg, 79 kg, 97 kg)

10:15 a.m. – Semifinals (men’s FS 61 kg, 74 kg, 86 kg, 92 kg, 125 kg)

11 a.m. – Finals (men’s FS 57 kg, 65 kg, 70 kg, 79 kg, 97 kg)

Sunday, Sept. 23

9 a.m. – Repechage (men’s FS 61 kg, 74 kg, 86 kg, 92 kg, 125 kg)

11 a.m. - Finals(men’s FS 61 kg, 74 kg, 86 kg, 92 kg, 125 kg)

U.S. men’s freestyle roster

57 kg: Daton Fix (Sand Springs, Okla./Titan Mercury WC/Cowboy RTC)

61 kg: Joshua Saunders (St. Louis, Mo./Titan Mercury WC)

65 kg: Domonick Demas (Dublin, Ohio/OKRTC)

70 kg: Brady Berge (Mantorville, Pa./Nittany Lion WC)

74 kg: Mekhi Lewis (Somerset, N.J./Southeast RTC)

79 kg: Aaron Brooks (Hagerstown, Md./USOTC)

86 kg: Lou Deprez (Hilton, N.Y./Bearcat WC)

92 kg: Jacob Warner (Washington, Il./Hawkeye WC)

97 kg: Zach Elam (Kansas City, Mo./Team Central WC)

125 kg: Gable Steveson (Apple Valley, Minn./Minnesota Storm)

I am now up on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/IowaWrestlingFan/
and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/iawrestlingfan

Last edited:
Sorry for the dumb question, but is Jacob done or is he still in consolations?

Sorry for the dumb question, but is Jacob done or is he still in consolations?
I'm assuming he's done since someone in a different thread said the guy that beat him got beat in the quarters I believe. Typically the guy that beats you has to make the Finals for you to stay alive. Not a Freestyle guy, but that's my understanding. Someone will correct me quick if I'm wrong I'm sure. Apologies in advance of that is the case.

I'm assuming he's done since someone in a different thread said the guy that beat him got beat in the quarters I believe. Typically the guy that beats you has to make the Finals for you to stay alive. Not a Freestyle guy, but that's my understanding. Someone will correct me quick if I'm wrong I'm sure. Apologies in advance of that is the case.
You’re correct

Reactions: 24 so far
This is my greatest gripe with international styles - repechage! Say there’s a bad style matchup for someone or somebody just has an off match, the idea that there’s no true wrestle back for 3rd and the 2nd or 3rd best guy in a weight has potential to just go 0-1 after training for countless hours and traveling overseas just sucks!

Every so often we hear about the guy at NCAAs that loses in R1 or R2 and battles all the way back to take 3rd...always a great a story! Wish the same was possible for international styles!

This is my greatest gripe with international styles - repechage! Say there’s a bad style matchup for someone or somebody just has an off match, the idea that there’s no true wrestle back for 3rd and the 2nd or 3rd best guy in a weight has potential to just go 0-1 after training for countless hours and traveling overseas just sucks!

Every so often we hear about the guy at NCAAs that loses in R1 or R2 and battles all the way back to take 3rd...always a great a story! Wish the same was possible for international styles!

Agreed. Traveling that far to lose 6-6 on criteria. Fking stupid format.

Is there a better way to evaluate and implement criteria, which in turn, provides for a true performance based seeding? Drawing out of a hat is too random for these dedicated athletes.
Catching a bad seed is more acceptable than having the top four all Wrestle in the first two rounds.

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT