ADVERTISEMENT

Warner vs Princeton?

But that’s just because Hock is better than Fant

(There’s supposed to be a wonky face in there)

Cripes! Winky!
Wonky would describe Iowa football. You got it right.
Come on guys I come to the cesspool to escape the lounge and Hawkeye football....I’m actually going to the Illinois game this weekend.... somewhat reluctantly at this point

Reactions: SDHN2013
Exactly. It isn't about "psyche." He wouldn't have wrestled against those guys, either, since we have backups that can handle those guys. We could see him against Purdue but it might not be until ISU. Same for Stoll with his injury. Kem...might be longer.
So it’s a physical injury?

Meh...TNT have not had to worry about an athlete competing as late as September. Two factors that Warner had to catch up on...academics and rest. While other guys were going home for three weeks at a time, he was here training. He took a few weeks off in October...wasn’t in the room for the most part healing the body after training for what was equivalent to another season.

For the “psyche” or Brands has him ducking tough competition, they had him compete at the Yarygin right after Midlands last year. If anything is tough on the psyche, it’s going over to cold ass Russia and getting your ass kicked by some of those guys.
Your close to the program so you and I both know that Warner has a tough time shaking losses.Theres no doubt if he had weaker competition to strart he would've been wrestling.You can be PC all you want but deep down you know it's true.

Can you blame Carl? If this is the result?

First season in the Hawkeye line up and behind the curve when the rubber meets the road?

Like they sang on that old cop show, Baretta,

Don’t free style the crime
If you can’t folk style the time....

Or something like that.....
I think it is
If you don't have the tank,
You can't take it to the bank

Reactions: el dub
Brands said he took a break after Worlds. Many on this board, me included, have complained about Iowa wrestlers looking exhausted in March. It sucks to see 3 starters sitting out, but I'm fine with it if the starters peak in March and its a cool opportunity for the backups.
gotta protect those seeds... must be a tom thing

You guys ( and gals) are pretty much spot on--- As a fan--I want the best duals,the best matches always. I'm disappointed like others that there are time we dont get to see them. My stance has changed a bit on this as I have been closer to the program.--

We have to trust our coaches that there is typically a reason--- why a guy is not competing--these reasons vary and sometimes it is combinations of reasons. They know a bunch that we dont know--

I dont want to trun this into a football thread-- But I see Ferentz getting a ton of bad press from respected sportswriters and from fans on Noah Fant lack of playing time, not being in on field in key situations and not enough targets. I can only assume that there is a reason or possibly a combination of reasons. The football staff wants to win games, they want to succeed-- so I doubt that its just a matter of they think someone else is a better option-- prob a reason.
I think this should be understood but it's good to spell out. My frustration is more about the end result as a fan, not against anyone specific. I trust the coaching staff will make the right decisions for the right reasons and I will support whoever needs to step on the mat for Iowa. You just want to see the stars as much as you can with limited opportunities. The season goes too fast.

Reactions: 24 so far
I mean come on just attack me.Imagine he saw that I posted on Bwi and thought I was a Penn St fan. He didn't look to see I post on Okie st ,Rutgers and Wisconsin I post on all the boards because I'm a wrestling fan.And I happen to know Warner struggles after losses because it happened in ikwf and ihsa but he wouldn't know that it's just easier to attack

Reactions: Neo_Hawk
I mean come on just attack me.Imagine he saw that I posted on Bwi and thought I was a Penn St fan. He didn't look to see I post on Okie st ,Rutgers and Wisconsin I post on all the boards because I'm a wrestling fan.And I happen to know Warner struggles after losses because it happened in ikwf and ihsa but he wouldn't know that it's just easier to attack
You must be new here

You must be new here
Not really been posting awhile he's just never came at me before. I mean come on were all grown men why do we have to act tough over the computer.Im a wrestling fan who likes to talk wrestling and post what I know that's all.
He takes a while to grow on you :cool: .... this board is great overall.... we get besieged with a lot of trolls though....people get edgy....didn’t mean to get in the middle of it.... found your response amusing is all

Last edited:
Not really been posting awhile he's just never came at me before. I mean come on were all grown men why do we have to act tough over the computer.Im a wrestling fan who likes to talk wrestling and post what I know that's all.
I think he snapped in frustration because he had already responded to you. And he was right. You keep saying the same thing. And you are wrong.

I would always go through these threads and wonder "why does everyone give Spooner a hard time?", I mean, he's a little abrupt and all, but I didn't take too much offense. If he wants to come at a guy with the attitude that he is an authority and his opinion is always right, well, that's okay, it's just his act.

Then one day he takes a dump on a minor post I made, for no other reason than to be a jerk and I realized, hey it's not just the trolls that are POS's here, sometimes our own guys are dicks for no good reason.

Now I see what everyone was always talking about with this guy. Welcome to the club, you handled it brilliantly.

By the way, I have no hard feeling towards the guy, but I will now take time out of my day to argue against him when he's being an ass to someone for no reason. But like most posters here, I will also jump on his bandwagon when he's got a troll-fish on the line.

I think he snapped in frustration because he had already responded to you. And he was right. You keep saying the same thing. And you are wrong.
I would always go through these threads and wonder "why does everyone give Spooner a hard time?", I mean, he's a little abrupt and all, but I didn't take too much offense, if he wants to come at a guy with the attitude that he is an authority and his opinion is always right, well, that's okay. The one day he takes a dump on a minor post I made, for no other reason that to be a jerk and I realized, hey it's not just the trolls that a POS's here, sometimes our own guys are dicks for no good reason.

Now I see what everyone was always talking about with this guy. Welcome to the club, you handled it brilliantly.

By the way, I have no hard feeling towards the guy, but I will now take time out of my day to argue against him when he's being an ass to someone for no reason.
Neo, this is a newer, gentle side of you ;) My offer for Big 10's still stands... round of beer on me for you and wasdt21. Just want to prove that all people from other programs aren't POS's :D:D:D

Your close to the program so you and I both know that Warner has a tough time shaking losses.Theres no doubt if he had weaker competition to strart he would've been wrestling.You can be PC all you want but deep down you know it's true.

You just described 2 or 3 guys on pretty much any wrestling roster and a common mental issue in our sport. Last year, it was Marinelli. I guess if what you say is true, wouldn't TnT serve up a cream puff open after Midlands last year to get the old confidence built back up instead of throwing him to the bears?

You have good info from time to time but when it comes to this issue, you are off the mark and frankly, I'm surprised. Warner is going to have tough matches no matches whenever he starts...unless of course they wait until after Midlands and than maybe you have a point. Holding him out, or match ducking, would hurt a guy like Warner's confidence more than an 0-2 performance at Midlands.

So.... Anybody else looking forward to Lugo vs Kolodzik? Could be a big opportunity for Lugo to raise his stock.
Way to bring it back on track.

I am hoping for a packed house Friday night to show our 1st timers on the CHA mat, what a rockin house we have. I am hoping that really sparks Lugo and Desanto into big wins and bundles of confidence. Lugo needs the win, he's already proven he can beat Kolodzik, with a crowd behind him, no reason he can't do it for the 3rd time in a row and solidify his place near the top of the 149 rankings.

As we all know, a top 4 at NCAA's can often be a game changer, slim chance for 33 to get there this year, with the loss in his opening match, tough road for 49 too, but it can be done.

Does anybody know the score of the match at Midlands between Lugo and Kolodzik before Lugo pinned him?

Here’s their freestyle match:

Last edited:
You just described 2 or 3 guys on pretty much any wrestling roster and a common mental issue in our sport. Last year, it was Marinelli. I guess if what you say is true, wouldn't TnT serve up a cream puff open after Midlands last year to get the old confidence built back up instead of throwing him to the bears?

You have good info from time to time but when it comes to this issue, you are off the mark and frankly, I'm surprised. Warner is going to have tough matches no matches whenever he starts...unless of course they wait until after Midlands and than maybe you have a point. Holding him out, or match ducking, would hurt a guy like Warner's confidence more than an 0-2 performance at Midlands.
Thanks for your response.Hopefully Warner is fresh and ready to go in March

How about he trained all summer hard for Worlds, They gave him some time off when he got back. This is a time when everyone else is getting ramped up for the season. They didn't want him to be thrown right back into the fire and are treating this time like it is his preseason. They didn't want him to get burnt out by March. St Cael had almost every one of his guys not even try for Freestyle spots this summer. The Brands valued his time training for and competing in Worlds more so than a few early season meets. Makes sense to me.
Right, and the one that did wrestle (Berge) is sitting also.

I wanna throw something out here....

Is it possible TNT and Cael both have a plan for their wrestlers and there are two ways to skin the cat (the cat being getting the most out of your guys)?

TNT had more international success than Cael. Cael had more collegiate success. Maybe, just maybe, both can be right?

I’m sure I’ll get destroyed for this suggestion so remember, I’m a Rutgers fan, it’s been a long season already so y’all should be kind.

Reactions: lionlover
ADVERTISEMENT