ADVERTISEMENT

Was a promise made?

My son lives down in Texas and has a friend who is “In the know” when it comes to Iowa football. He says the team hates Padilla, to the point they have refused to play for him. It has something to do with his degree. Padilla is 100% committed to get caught up earning his degree; that is the only reason he came back. But he’s become a real dickhead and keeps to himself. I don’t know if I this is 100% accurate, but I do know this: something is going on with the other 2 QB’s that we don’t know about or else there would have been a change made.
this is what we pay for….. good reliable inside information

Ohio St forces the change..oline won’t hold up and he will get clobbered next week

Maybe the only logical reason that the Four-star, 6'5" inch Iowa prototypical QB continues to start is a iron clad recruiting promise. Maybe...after Nate leaves, you get every start, if 100% healthy.

He wasn't benched last year for performance alone. He was beat up.

I do believe KF is a man of his word. And, I am running out of explanations for why an otherwise pretty good coach hasn't made the obvious change. This is beyond stubbornness!
From what I've been told by folks that see practice regularly, is that Padilla isn't the answer. That being said, I'm ready for anyone who has any type of escapability at QB. It would alleviate a lot of what doesn't work on offense.

We’ve still never gotten an answer to exactly what Petras does well that “gives us the best chance to win.”

- avoid turnovers? Nope
- avoid sacks? Nope
- big play ability? Nope
- get us in the best play at the line of scrimmage to avoid negative plays? Nope
- make the makeable plays consistently? Nope
- make the easy plays consistently? Nope
- make the players around him better? Nope
- inspire confidence? Nope
- throw a good deep ball? Nope
- make the clutch play? NOPE!!!
- throw it really far? I guess at Manning Camp yes.
Got the answer today Madden Jr.

From what I've been told by folks that see practice regularly, is that Padilla isn't the answer. That being said, I'm ready for anyone who has any type of escapability at QB. It would alleviate a lot of what doesn't work on offense.
If practice was the only thing that mattered then Jerry Rice would've never saw the field because his play in practice was less than stellar

I don't think Iowa promises anything to anyone.

Spencer was a mid QB recruit who has not been developed. Wasn't he committed to Oregon State and had offers from maybe 1 other Power 5 school?

Lol. You made that up. 😆 🤣 😂
No, I didn't. I'm a huge Niner's fan and have been following them since that 80's. Bill Walsh used to say all of the time that John Taylor, Dexter Carter and several others always outperformed Jerry in practice. But when Sunday rolled around, #80 became a different animal

No, I didn't. I'm a huge Niner's fan and have been following them since that 80's. Bill Walsh used to say all of the time that John Taylor, Dexter Carter and several others always outperformed Jerry in practice. But when Sunday rolled around, #80 became a different animal
well that solves everything let’s start the players that practice shitty!!! so obvious

Reactions: pistachio1999
We've had a lot of recruits who were much more highly regarded than SP that didn't get any promise like that. We flipped Spencer from Oregon St. I can't imagine anything like this happening, but like you, I'm at a loss.
One more reason to take out my frustrations on the beaver.....

Reactions: iahawks10
Personally, I could give two sh*ts if a promise was made. Two months from now, Petras will be history. But, we'll still be stuck with the Ferentzs and all their baggage, lawsuit, and their weight and drag on Iowa football that needs to be cut loose.
Maybe a covid year, next season?

• Love
Reactions: Kurt Warner
#80 was that good because the way he trained and conditioned. He was still going strong all game as the Dbs wore down. He ran the big hills like Walter Payton did.

Dexter Carter was a running back.

Maybe the only logical reason that the Four-star, 6'5" inch Iowa prototypical QB continues to start is a iron clad recruiting promise. Maybe...after Nate leaves, you get every start, if 100% healthy.

I do believe KF is a man of his word. And, I am running out of explanations for why an otherwise pretty good coach hasn't made the obvious change. This is beyond stubbornness!
As a HC, you just don't make that promise.

We’ve still never gotten an answer to exactly what Petras does well that “gives us the best chance to win.”

- avoid turnovers? Nope
- avoid sacks? Nope
- big play ability? Nope
- get us in the best play at the line of scrimmage to avoid negative plays? Nope
- make the makeable plays consistently? Nope
- make the easy plays consistently? Nope
- make the players around him better? Nope
- inspire confidence? Nope
- throw a good deep ball? Nope
- make the clutch play? NOPE!!!
- throw it really far? I guess at Manning Camp yes.
Can use his footspeed to get us out of trouble? Nope!!

The Beavers can be forever grateful to us then.... ;)

Each passing week is just more and more unbelievable that he still is taking 100% of the snaps...

Another poster said Padilla is gone at semester, so that is my best guess as to why is is not sniffing the field....
I dunno, maybe Petras could have been serviceable in Corvallis with decent coaching. Their HC is a former quarterback himself so I would imagine SP faring at least a little better over there.

Not likely!

ADVERTISEMENT