ADVERTISEMENT

Was re-watching the NW game for some odd reason and noticed

Hawk68

HR MVP
Oct 1, 2001
a DL named VanValkenburg was in the game. Never saw him before or after. Does anyone have any additional info on him?

a DL named VanValkenburg was in the game. Never saw him before or after. Does anyone have any additional info on him?
I believe he is a grad transfer from Hillsdale College in Michigan. He was from the west side of the state of Michigan. Seems like he had two years of eligibility left. Yes the Hillsdale that does not take a bit of federal funding.

He's a grad transfer from Hillsdale (small college in MI) with 2 years of eligibility (2019 & 2020). High quality kid who got a fair amount of time this year, his first playing at anywhere near this level of competition. I look for a big jump for him next year.

Not to derail the thread but had a similar observation in a different game, only this player was named Epenesa? Anyone heard of him or know if he is supposed to be any good?
Pretty sure it’s Espenesa, and he is really raw. Might develop into a solid player, but kinda surprised the staff offered him a scholly, to be honest. Just another MAC-level recruit!

Not to derail the thread but had a similar observation in a different game, only this player was named Epenesa? Anyone heard of him or know if he is supposed to be any good?
I saw us run a peculiar play early this season.

The QB lined up under center and kept it behind his offensive line and gained about 5 yards on the run. It seemed like a good play. Perhaps we should do that more often.

Wow. This forum has become rather toxic. Why not just answer their question...instead you must respond with an arrogant demeaning comment.
I don’t recall details of his recruiting process but he played sparingly in several games last year.
Cmon man. The Kid was on the two deeps all season, and played in most of the games. Anybody who watches the games or follows the Hawks would know that especially the hard core folks on here. Besides, its just a little good natured ribbing.......:rolleyes:

I saw us run a peculiar play early this season.

The QB lined up under center and kept it behind his offensive line and gained about 5 yards on the run. It seemed like a good play. Perhaps we should do that more often.
Eh, maybe some potential there, but I wouldn’t count on it. It might work at most a couple times per year, it’s not like it’s a play that can be effective to run 2-3 times in a row. Too many 5 star guys out there to snuff it out.

Wow. This forum has become rather toxic. Why not just answer their question...instead you must respond with an arrogant demeaning comment.
I don’t recall details of his recruiting process but he played sparingly in several games last year.
Lulz............I think OP got off rather lite compared to years past. If anything this board has gone soft. :cool:

Re-watching Hawkeye wins is not odd at all.

when-the-teacher-says-theres-no-such-thing-as-dumb-36123900.png

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Maybe yours too.
You’ve been a member here forever. He was talked about a lot here when it was announced he was coming. He was in the two deeps all year and played in almost every game. Pretty surprised by your post.

Seen this old 80s game footage last week. Some dude wearing #16 seemed pretty proud of himself. The coaches kept giving him love too. Anyone know anything about that guy? Jeff Skillett, right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT