ADVERTISEMENT

Washed Up Walkons Podcast - James Daniels

hawkandroll

HR MVP
Sep 7, 2011
Anyone else check this out yet? Highly recommend the latest episode of the Washed Up Walkons featuring an interview with James Daniels. He provides his perspective on the 4 guys who entered early as well as a few stories from his time as a Hawkeye. Also explains why he gives his high school a shout out. Side note: pretty funny story from Kevin Ward talking about getting burned by Fant in practice: "How am I supposed to cover that? There's GD deer running around on the field!"

I would love to watch a game with James and have him break it down for me. Great idea!!

Anyone else check this out yet? Highly recommend the latest episode of the Washed Up Walkons featuring an interview with James Daniels. He provides his perspective on the 4 guys who entered early as well as a few stories from his time as a Hawkeye. Also explains why he gives his high school a shout out. Side note: pretty funny story from Kevin Ward talking about getting burned by Fant in practice: "How am I supposed to cover that? There's GD deer running around on the field!"

For those of us who don't have iTunes, can you share James' reasoning for always using his high school for his NFL ID?

Someone from his high school said the school name in the introductions and everyone at school the next day was excited about it. He and his friends promised that they would say the school name if they ever got the chance to be in the NFL.

Someone from his high school said the school name in the introductions and everyone at school the next day was excited about it. He and his friends promised that they would say the school name if they ever got the chance to be in the NFL.
Mario manningham said the high school in the Superbowl when he made the insane catch

Why don't they just make pro players name the college they attended (unless they didn't attend a university)?. What's next...they name their elementary school?

Why do our fans get so butthurt about this? Jesus.
Because it's a wasted opportunity for U of Iowa to get some more national pub...call me crazy, but I'll take ANY edge to possibly help future recruiting.

Why don't they just make pro players name the college they attended (unless they didn't attend a university)?. What's next...they name their elementary school?

Is it really that important to say the college only? They cant be proud of the other influences in their life? A bit petty and selfish of a fan to insist they say a certain thing because of the importance to that fan.

No one pays attention to that other than the schools being shouted out. We're not gonna snag a 5* because James said he played here. Come fvcking on.
Now who's getting "excited" about this? Pub is pub. I just think it's kind of weird when 99% of players name their college, while he names his high school. Hey, let's just have them name their favorite color. :)

Is it really that important to say the college only? They cant be proud of the other influences in their life? A bit petty and selfish of a fan to insist they say a certain thing because of the importance to that fan.
Let's just have each player name their favorite food, color, or make of car. It's a madhouse I tell you...a madhouse!!!

Even his own teammates on the podcast said to keep doing it.

Our fans have to be the only ones who care about this.
You're right, not a big enough issue for me to even have opined upon. I apologize profusely :(

Just listened to the podcast. Drake put all the losers worried about James shouting out his HS in a body bag, and James put all the losers constantly bitching about play calling in another one. Fvcking awesome. Love these guys.
jock sniffer alert

Just listened to the podcast. Drake put all the losers worried about James shouting out his HS in a body bag, and James put all the losers constantly bitching about play calling in another one. Fvcking awesome. Love these guys.

I loved the idea of sitting down with him and having him explain the formations and play calls. It's a great podcast. I wish they weren't taking time off.

Reactions: bojihawk44
College athlete, dude. It's a brotherhood, you wouldn't understand.

This dude played at BV and he's acting like they actually have fans LOL. Absolutely nobody cares about the playcalling at Buena Vista, homie, and nobody from BV will ever have to worry about choosing to shout out their high school instead of their college during an NFL game. You're not any more qualified to speak on these matters than anyone else.

Last edited:
This dude played at BV and he's acting like they actually have fans LOL. Absolutely nobody cares about the playcalling at Buena Vista, homie, and nobody from BV will ever have to worry about choosing to shout out their high school instead of their college during an NFL game. You're not any more qualified to speak on these matters than anyone else.

Hahahahaha. Where'd you play at?

Reactions: Frosty7130

See that’s the thing, guys like you question play calling and personel decisions at 8 year old soccer, so undoubtedly BV has their know it all fans too...

Just sayin’....:D

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Hahahahaha. Where'd you play at?

I played a different sport in the IIAC for a few years until I realized I was surrounded by a bunch of douches like you who are reliving their high school glory days and thinking they are the shit for playing d3 athletics like you are right now.

There are players on these squads, who are also in the "brotherhood" you're speaking of, that wouldn't have started on my HS JV team. Maybe you're one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: CuttyDoesIt
I played a different sport in the IIAC for a few years until I realized I was surrounded by a bunch of douches like you who are reliving their high school glory days and thinking they are the shit for playing d3 athletics like you are right now.

There are players on these squads, who are also in the "brotherhood" you're speaking of, that wouldn't have started on my HS JV team. Maybe you're one of them.

So you weren't good enough to play. That's gotta hurt, dude. Sorry I brought up some bad memories. Played with a lot of guys like you. There's a reason they didn't make it.

Oh, and quit lecturing other posters and the Iowa coaches for their opinions and decisions when you couldn't even hack it in another sport in the fvcking IIAC. Lol.

So you weren't good enough to play. That's gotta hurt, dude. Sorry I brought up some bad memories. Played with a lot of guys like you. There's a reason they didn't make it.

Oh, and quit lecturing other posters and the Iowa coaches for their opinions and decisions when you couldn't even hack it in another sport in the fvcking IIAC. Lol.

Far from the truth. I was immediately the best at my position when I came in as a freshman. I'm very familiar with BV football players and you're all a bunch of bullshitters sans Jesse Schmidt.

I hung them up after two years and two letters because I decided I wanted to go to a real university. You know, the university that this forum was named after that you seem to think you're an expert on.

Last edited:
Far from the truth. I was immediately the best at my position when I came in as a freshman. I'm very familiar with BV football players and you're all a bunch of bullshitters sans Jesse Schmidt.

Oh, right. You were the best but decided to quit. Sure.

Jesse was a beast. Played with a lot of other studs there. Good times.

Oh, right. You were the best but decided to quit. Sure.

Jesse was a beast. Played with a lot of other studs there. Good times.

When your school has had 4 winning seasons in the past 19 years, I question whether or not you actually have any idea what a "stud" is. Schmidt was a man among boys at that level. He should have been wearing Black and Gold.

When your school has had 4 winning seasons in the past 19 years, I question whether or not you actually have any idea what a "stud" is. Schmidt was a man among boys at that level. He should have been wearing Black and Gold.

Of course I do. Played with and against a lot of really good players. The team I started on as a freshman that finished runner up and was ranked during the season was loaded.

@litegreene you obviously paid zero attention to IIAC football during your time there, considering it's usually one of the better conferences in the nation, sans the WIAC and the MIAC.

You sound like somebody who can't get over the fact they weren't good enough to play at any college level.

I gotta stop arguing with you tavern hoks if you're not going to read the thread and understand what I'm saying before you respond. I didn't play D3 football, but I did play varsity in the sport I chose from the jump. My D3 sport is a hell of a lot closer to the talent level at D1 than yours, but I'm not on here saying that it is comparable and that we are in the same "brotherhood."

I'd love to hear what Kulick would have to say on Washed Up Walkons when bojihawk tries to convince them that they are in the same brotherhood cuz he played at BV. LOL

Last edited:
I gotta stop arguing with you tavern hoks if you're not going to read the thread and understand what I'm saying before you respond. I didn't play D3 football, but I did play varsity in the sport I chose from the jump. My D3 sport is a hell of a lot closer to the talent level at D1 than yours, but I'm not on here saying that it is comparable and that we are in the same "brotherhood."

I'd love to hear what Kulick and Ward would have to say on Washed Up Walkons when bojihawk tries to convince them that they are in the same brotherhood cuz he played at BV. LOL

Tavern hoks? Lol, what a fvcking loser.

Reactions: Frosty7130
I gotta stop arguing with you idiots if you're not going to read the thread and understand what I'm saying before you respond. Reread the thread, tavern hok. I didn't play D3 football, but I did play varsity in the sport I chose from the jump. I'm not on here saying that D3 sport is eqivalent to D1, but my sport is a hell of a lot closer to that talent range at D3 compared to D1 than yours.

I'd love to hear what Kulick and Ward would have to say on Washed Up Walkons when bojihawk tries to convince them that they are in the same brotherhood cuz he played at BV. LOL
Nobody has said D3 is on the same level talent or level of play wise. They absolutely are when it comes to how programs run or how players work, and you're ignorant of that.

You're on here shitting all over a D3 school and D3 football because a few guys hurt your feelings in college. Get over yourself tool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT