ADVERTISEMENT

washed up walkons

latest episode with James Morris....I think the best episode ever.... the story about the infamous rhaebedo workouts is classic 😂
tenor.gif

Title of this thread should be more specific.

It was actually a really good episode. I'd never heard Morris speak outside of old Morehouse/Dochterman Youtube interviews but he is really well-spoken and intelligent. Listen just for his insight into Rhabdo and why that specific workout caused so many issues when it had been done previously without any issues.

He also told funny stories about being hosted as a recruit and later hosting recruits himself. Maybe his best insight is why he thinks the 2010 team vastly underperformed to expectations. Also talks about what impacted his NFL hopes.

Love the inside access they provide but their style is just not my cup of tea. I've tried and wanted to like their podcast but I just can't. I know CSB

I recommend a podcast player with autoskip in 30seconds or more increments (helpful for skipping ads as well), but then you can skip thru the periods of their "style" and just hear the interview Q&A.

Title of this thread should be more specific.

It was actually a really good episode. I'd never heard Morris speak outside of old Morehouse/Dochterman Youtube interviews but he is really well-spoken and intelligent. Listen just for his insight into Rhabdo and why that specific workout caused so many issues when it had been done previously without any issues.

He also told funny stories about being hosted as a recruit and later hosting recruits himself. Maybe his best insight is why he thinks the 2010 team vastly underperformed to expectations. Also talks about what impacted his NFL hopes.

Care to give us the cliff notes?

Clearly OPs post is bait to drive traffic to the show.
jesus I kinda thought most of you probably listened to it.... I was simply saying it was a good episode.... the part at about 45 minutes where Morris is describing those workouts was pretty funny.... their legs were so shot they had to walk downstairs backwards.... I couldn’t give two shits if you listen to it personally

I listen to every episode and Kevin and Kluver are usually pretty good to listen to, and I will just leave that there......

Reactions: tWarnerHawk
Yeah, they're douchebags. Bros. Whatever you want to call it. I wanted to like it, but f*** that noise.

I’m a fan. They are what they are and that’s the style that comes with who they are. I listen to a variety of Hawk podcasts - some bring the fan angle, some bring the sports reporter angle. They bring the player angle. I really appreciate that they get a lot of great guests. Some of it is former teammates, but the former players let their guard down a bit more with WUW than they might with straight media guys.

I like the WUWO. But, my favorite Hawkeye Podcast is The Hawkeye Huddle. I guess, as a fan I can just relate to them the best. Tom's podcast is topnotch as well!!!!

Each Iowa podcast has their own pros/cons/quirks. I enjoy each perspective during the football season...but basketball and down months can be boring at times. Here's my $0.02 on the podcasts I listen to in no particular order. Also, please let me know if I should other podcasts!

Cheers and GO HAWKS!

WUW: I like the player perspectives and plus they continue to host some pretty entertaining guests. The ads at the beginning and randomly throughout the podcasts are annoying and it gets old. But I get it...the mighty dollar and sponsors pay their bills.

HawkFanatic: This podcast definitely has its ebbs and flows...quote intended. Pat Hardy does host some great guests, from coaches to players to outside entities. The callers is where I will warn you...some are legit Hawkeye fans who bring up excellent points, others are complete crazies. 😂 Overall, it's entertaining.

Hawkeye Report: This is a good podcast. Tom does a good job with talking good Hawkeye scoop, and the flow is really smooth. The breakdown of each Iowa game is solid too.

Hawkeye Huddle: The two guys who run this podcast have good chemistry, but sometimes one of the guys sounds like he is a grumpy drunk guy who complains and fights with the younger guy. 😂 But overall, I like how they talk Iowa Hawkeye football.

Hawkeye Nation: This used to be my favorite podcast, but it definitely started going downhill the past couple of years. Overall, they have some good information, especially during football season. I like how Andrew is starting to do more instant reaction podcasts after games.

Hawk Central: I'm really liking this podcast the more I listen to it. The guys have good chemistry, and break down Iowa sports quite well. They get some descent callers, and they always answer the questions thrown at them.

Degenerate Hawkeyes: The two guys (Trent and Biz) who host this one have great chemistry. They break down each game with some fun statistics thrown in there too. I like how they talk the Vegas spreads every episode and talk about gambling on games.

Hawkeye 4DT: I enjoy this one during football...I believe it's only on during football season. The two guys have good chemistry, and do a solid job breaking down specific aspects of the Hawkeyes. They also throw in some gambling spreads too.

If you don’t listen to those guys you are missing some great Hawkeyes with tons of insight and no filters!
Great advice and great thread. Late to the game with the WUW podcast and with podcast in general, just gettin started. Feel sports talk, radio and its advertising has just gotten off the rails over the last year or so. Anyway becoming a podcast addict and diggin it. As for the WUW really enjoyed the first 2 episodes listened with Morris and Kenny.

Reactions: EasyHawk
Latest episode alluded to some Hush Blackwell docs not shared in the initial report. Sounds like it may change some perceptions of Doyle but who knows. I find it interesting if true, but why this wasn’t provided in the initial report? If the docs are legit I’m sure it will come out in due time.

Reactions: EasyHawk
Latest episode alluded to some Hush Blackwell docs not shared in the initial report. Sounds like it may change some perceptions of Doyle but who knows. I find it interesting if true, but why this wasn’t provided in the initial report? If the docs are legit I’m sure it will come out in due time.

for better or worse?

Make him seem not as bad of a person
they have always maintained he was a positive influence from their perspective but acknowledge he was probably out of line occasionally.... admit their experience was likely different than some of their black teammates.... but think he deserves a second chance

Reactions: Herkyhawk247
Great advice and great thread. Late to the game with the WUW podcast and with podcast in general, just gettin started. Feel sports talk, radio and its advertising has just gotten off the rails over the last year or so. Anyway becoming a podcast addict and diggin it. As for the WUW really enjoyed the first 2 episodes listened with Morris and Kenny.
Didn’t a local reporter get a hold of the full report? Or maybe that was the focus group findings. I can’t remember

Also a not so subtle shot at Howe.

The fact that Rob Howe and Pat Harty tried to take subtle shots at David Eickholt for something that didn't even target them should tell you all you need to know.

Two of the most thin-skinned, holier-than-thou people on the planet.
I missed that whole deal, what was that about?

I missed that whole deal, what was that about?
Essentially David gave an interview recently about how he wants to "raise the standard" of Iowa sports media. General self-motivation stuff, harmless.

Howe and Harty poked fun at it because clearly their sensitive egos convinced them that he was talking about them. Typical Howe/Harty whiny BS.

I was listening to the Hawk Central podcast and the guys said that they weren’t Hawk fans.

I stopped listening immediately. Not Hawk fans? Pffft

latest episode with James Morris....I think the best episode ever.... the story about the infamous rhaebedo workouts is classic 😂
Thanks for posting this, I finally got around to listening and I agree it was really good. It was nice to finally get the full rhabdo story, it was slightly different from the various versions I had heard on the internet over the years. Also some good discussion about what went wrong in 2010, tied in with what it takes for Iowa teams to be successful and even a slight allusion to how some of these program changes to try to avoid repeats of the 2010 season maybe led to all of the comments from some players last summer about not being comfortable at Iowa.

The WUW is a great podcast. The one with Keith Duncan on recently was fantastic too. The one with John Kenny (who transferred to Arizona to play D) was great as well.

I enjoy them for what they are: a decent podcast with some inside information. Kevin is pretty good but he's rarely there, Tyler has gotten better at keeping things moving and driving the conversation, and Drake is the stereotypical dumb meathead who gets people fired up. Some of his views, especially on corona, are incredibly dumb, but you can't take him too seriously because he doesn't know any better.

I like it. Definitely better than listening to old fat guys who barely played in high school try to breakdown Iowa and B1G football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT