ADVERTISEMENT

Washington Post: Kamala Harris wants to force doctors and nurses to perform abortions even if they object.

BrianNole777

HB Heisman
Jan 27, 2023
I voted for her but this is really bad:

"In an NBC interview on Tuesday, Vice President Kamala Harris let slip a shocking position that is rarely, if ever, heard from a politician, much less a presidential candidate. She said that no conscience concessions should be afforded to health-care providers who object to performing abortions.

In other words, doctors, nurses and other medical providers should not be allowed to refuse to perform abortions because of their faith or ethics."

• Haha
Reactions: Underscore2

"In an NBC interview on Tuesday, Vice President Kamala Harris let slip a shocking position that is rarely, if ever, heard from a politician, much less a presidential candidate. She said that no conscience concessions should be afforded to health-care providers who object to performing abortions.

In other words, doctors, nurses and other medical providers should not be allowed to refuse to perform abortions because of their faith or ethics."

Should a doctor be allowed to refuse a blood transfusion for a patient because of their “faith”?

Forget the moral, ethical, and political aspects of this position. Look at the absolute stupidity of this position from a practical standpoint. It’s like forcing a real estate lawyer to defend a death penalty case. Or forcing the engineers who inspect roads and bridges to design aircraft.

I know I sure AF wouldn’t want an abortionist removing my gallbladder or replacing my knee or hip.

They shouldn't

Particularly if someone is miscarrying and needs immediate care.
Don't like it, don't go into ObGyn. Be a proctologist or something.

Forget the moral, ethical, and political aspects of this position. Look at the absolute stupidity of this position from a practical standpoint. It’s like forcing a real estate lawyer to defend a death penalty case. Or forcing the engineers who inspect roads and bridges to design aircraft.
Uh, no, it's not.

They shouldn't

Particularly if someone is miscarrying and needs immediate care.
Don't like it, don't go into ObGyn. Be a proctologist or something.

How will a Harris administration punish doctors and nurses that don't want to kill the unborn?

How will a Harris administration punish doctors and nurses that don't want to kill the unborn?
If you want to be a licensed ObGyn, you will need to learn to perform the procedures required of you.

Otherwise, choose a different field.
The hospital/clinic that employs you will need to ensure someone on staff is able to provide care; if you refuse to do it, they can demote you or eliminate your position for someone who can/will.

If you want to be a licensed ObGyn, you will need to learn to perform the procedures required of you.

Otherwise, choose a different field.
The hospital/clinic that employs you will need to ensure someone on staff is able to provide care; if you refuse to do it, they can demote you or eliminate your position for someone who can/will.

Yikes.

Terminating a viable fetus is different than performing a post miscarriage D&C,.. No OB should be forced to perform the former, and no OB should refuse to perform the latter...

You should have just stopped after your first sentence.

I think anyone who's in a position where they might reasonably be needed to perform an abortion in an emergency life saving act that person should be comfortable with performing that procedure.

Outside of emergency life saving situations there is no reason to require it.

Reactions: Colonoscopy
Should a doctor be allowed to refuse a blood transfusion for a patient because of their “faith”?
First time using the word weird on here to describe a comment, but another poster compared an abortion to a blood transfusion when trying to justify the traveling abortion service at the DNC convention.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT