ADVERTISEMENT

Wasn't planning on ringing in the new year

First new years in my new house. I appreciate that no one in my immediate area is setting off fireworks. The ones I can hear are far enough away that they're not freaking out my cats.

Happy New Year - Hopefully the yahoos cut that nonsense out soon so you can get back to sleep!

But some dickhead in the neighborhood decided everyone wants to ring in the new year with fireworks!!! ****ing asshole can go to hell.

Old man rant over
As a third shifter that sleeps during the morning and afternoons, do you think it's ok to mow before 3pm? This is what I want to do to my neighbors when I get off work.

Last edited:
But some dickhead in the neighborhood decided everyone wants to ring in the new year with fireworks!!! ****ing asshole can go to hell.

Old man rant over

I think it was about 70% gun shots and 30% fireworks last night in my area.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Im in an apartment. Neighbors were pretty loud early, so i put in the earplugs in when i went to bed at 9:30.

I live off of a busy road, so i usually am putting earplugs in when i want to sleep with the windows open since everybody seems to want to advertise how cool they are by making their vehicles vroom vroom as loud as possible.

One nice part of living in a good neighborhood is not having to deal with riffraff like that. Sorry, OP.

Last edited:
As a third shifter that sleeps during the morning and afternoons, do you think it's ok to mow before 3pm? This is what I want to do to my neighbors when I get off work.

I worked 3rd shift for many a year so I know that feeling. I lived in a condo at that time and the company they had mow the lawn would always mow when I was sleeping.

I just accepted the fact that the majority of the world ran on day shift and it was just one of many negative aspects of working 3rd. I still think it has taken years off my life. Human beings were not made to work overnight shifts

Reactions: Hawkman98
I just accepted the fact that the majority of the world ran on day shift and it was just one of many negative aspects of working 3rd. I still think it has taken years off my life. Human beings were not made to work overnight shifts

Anybody who i have talked to that worked 3rd shift at some point fell into one if two categories.

They either absolutely loved it or absolutely hated it. There seemed to be no middle ground.

Im in an apartment. Neighbors were pretty loud early, so i put in the earplugs in when i went to bed at 9:30.

I live off of a busy road, so i usually am putting earplugs in when i want to sleep with the windows open since everybody seems to want to advertise how cool they are by making their vehicles vroom vroom as loud as possible.
Any recs on earplugs. I can’t find any that I’ve had good success with to sleep in.

Any recs on earplugs. I can’t find any that I’ve had good success with to sleep in.
Edited my original reply. I linked the ones i currently have.

They are softer and more squishy than other earplugs i have had so it seems to fit in the ears better. If you press down on one with your fingers, they take a while to go back to original shape, so i think they are easily more moldable to your ear. Im sure they have a smaller pack to try them out

One of my neighbors set off a bunch of fireworks at 9:00 Eastern time. Not sure why he chose that time. Maybe he’s originally from Greenland or something.

Old man rant over

Yeah, our dog HATES fireworks. He started barking about 12:30 and the fireworks lasted until around 1. Yes, I know who does it, and yes I called the cops, just like I do the other random times each year they shoot them off in the middle of the night. And yes, the entire family is a bunch of a**holes who do s*** just to piss everyone in the area off.

Reactions: goldmom
I worked 3rd shift for many a year so I know that feeling. I lived in a condo at that time and the company they had mow the lawn would always mow when I was sleeping.

Hey I get an extra quarter per hour for working thirds for 25 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT