ADVERTISEMENT

Watch: Target Store Manager Confirms to Man He Can Use Women’s Bathroom

Let's see. The poster gave you a specific example in Toronto where they decided it was cool to let guys and gals just share restrooms and shower facilities. If some dude thinks he is a woman for some reason and wants to go pee sitting down that is his business. But in typical liberal fashion it doesn't end there. They now move to everyone shares. See target and Toronto example.

What it does is open the door for any perv to just say hey I am a woman in my mind, which in turn puts the store in a bad place because they get crucified by the left wing press if they call them out.

I guess my question would be why doesn't the half percent or whatever the small percentage is make us adjust to their weird world instead of them adjusting to the norm?

You just said a lot...and answered nothing.

And, I still think in the broader scope of this issue most of you are missing the point: There is no sexual component for a transgendered person to go to the bathroom. The hysteria that is being driven on this issue is maddening. First of all, you only hear about the fear of transgenders getting into women's rooms. Why not into men's rooms? They could sneak in there and pretend to use a urinal while getting a thrill, couldn't they?
I've rarely been in a women's room, but the ones I have been in have stalls. To get a thrill a perv has to stand out like a sore thumb as I've said. For once I am actually in agreement with Donald Trump when he said this didn't even seem to be an issue. There has never been a great number of transgendered folks going all creepy in bathrooms. The issue is contrived. It's the far right that is politicizing, and whipping up fears, in what is simply a bodily function.
The average person will simply use the bathroom associated with their sex. 99.99999 percent of all public bathroom interactions will go off without a hitch. The transgendered will still do what they normally do, hold it until they reach a safe spot. Those that use public facilities will go in, do their business, and exit without a fuss.
The pervs will be the pervs, and they should be arrested.
Are you willing to put that thought process towards guns?

For me it's more about where this leads. The examples of dorms and locker rooms becoming unisex is what's scary.

Women and girls don't FEEL comfortable sharing a bathroom with men.

Single stall bathrooms are the endgame for me. Target doesn't need a room with 10 urinals and 10 crappers. If I walked in and it was anywhere near capacity I would turn 360 degrees and walk away.

Ever since there have been public restrooms there have been transgenders using them.
People who think otherwise are just being naive.
Exactly, that's why this whole discussion is ridiculous. The ONLY thing this discussion has accomplished, is opening the door for people to abuse the privilege because they can (meaning regular men in womens bathroom, and women making the mens line move slower at stadiums...). Oh, and it's served to further divide the country.

Who started this discussion anyway? They are to blame.

Single stall bathrooms are the endgame for me. Target doesn't need a room with 10 urinals and 10 crappers. If I walked in and it was anywhere near capacity I would turn 360 degrees and walk away.

Women will get tired of having piss all over the toilet seats.

THIS IS GOLD!!! Let me know how turning 360 degrees and walking away goes.

latest

Here's the first example of many examples to come - the University of Toronto switched to unisex bathrooms in their dorms. A couple of guys got caught using their cell phones to record girls showering. Sure, that's something that could have happened even before they were allowed into the same bathroom as the girls, but giving them free license to be in there put them much closer to their objective.

Here's some breaking news: perverts have been caught filming in women's rooms decades before this law passed. Your example has nothing to do with transgendered and everything to do with criminals. Prosecute the criminals and stop persecuting those who don't deserve it.

Reactions: cigaretteman
So Trans don't FEEL comfortable in a bathroom.

Therefore unisex bathrooms for all.

Women and girls don't FEEL comfortable sharing a bathroom with men.

Therefore STFU.

I realize liberalism doesn't exist without racism and oppression, but how Libs pick victims is confusing.

What if your son doesn't FEEL comfortable going to church because he might get molested. I'm going to guess that's about 1,000x more likely than ever even sharing a bathroom with a transgender. Where's your conservative outrage at that?

What if your son doesn't FEEL comfortable going to church because he might get molested. I'm going to guess that's about 1,000x more likely than ever even sharing a bathroom with a transgender. Where's your conservative outrage at that?

I'm not sure. How is it you Libs rank feelings?

Trans feelings win out over all women in this example.

Are women's feelings only worth like 3/5's of a Trans feelings?

Reactions: IXHawkeye86
I'm not sure. How is it you Libs rank feelings?

Trans feelings win out over all women in this example.

Are women's feelings only worth like 3/5's of a Trans feelings?

Why does anyone have to lose? The only real losers are bigots who worry far too much about someone else's private parts.

Here's some breaking news: perverts have been caught filming in women's rooms decades before this law passed. Your example has nothing to do with transgendered and everything to do with criminals. Prosecute the criminals and stop persecuting those who don't deserve it.
You're right that it has nothing to do with transgendered. That's exactly the point I've been making. It's nice that one of you guys finally figured that out, even if you had to stumble ass backwards into the point. By allowing All men, not just transgendered, to use whichever bathroom they want to use we are creating potentially dangerous situations. Yes, perverts have been trying to film girls showering since the advent of videotape. But by allowing them to stroll unabated into the women's room you are putting them one huge step closer to their goal. Instead of trying to keep the fox out of the henhouse you are letting the fox waltz right in and hoping he leaves the chickens alone.

Reactions: Sly hawk
I've been in Target bathrooms before. They aren't sexy places. They are, however, a good place to void urine from my body. That's all a transgender person wants out of them, too.

Would you send your 12 year old daughter into a female bathroom right after seeing a 40 year old man (transgender) go in?

The pervs are doing it now. Have been for years. How do you think nominally restricting the access of transgenders affects that?
Do you anticipate that allowing everyone (not just transgenders) to use the restroom of their choice rather than nominally restricting access will result in fewer perv incidents, more perv incidents, or about the same number of perv incidents? And if removing restrictions on bathroom choice happens to result in an increase in sexual assaults, illicit video recordings, and other perv activities do you believe that's a reasonable trade for making transgenders feel a little better about themselves?

I believe that's a 180. Math wasn't my strong subject though.

I was hoping this would stop my wife from going to target every week, she drops about $600 a month there on nonsense. It will probobly take her being raped in the bathroom a couple times before she stops going. She loves that place.

Reactions: gusto79
Would you send your 12 year old daughter into a female bathroom right after seeing a 40 year old man (transgender) go in?
No snarky insults this time.

A 40 year old transgender man believes he should be a woman and is likely doing everything he can to present himself as such. Thus, this 40 year old man would present himself as a 40 year old woman, making it fairly unlikely you would be able to tell his actual gender with 100% certainty.

Furthermore, this 40 year old transgender man would like for nothing more than to NOT be noticed other than as just another woman shopping.

Your 12 year old daughter is in no more harms way in the bathroom with a 40 year old transgender man than she would be with a 40 year old straight as an arrow woman.

Now, if you want to talk about some truly dangerous people let's look at some high profile examples: wrestling coach turned conservative politician, college football coach, roughly 3400 Catholic priests, not to mention the various ministers, teachers, daycare workers, and just generally speaking bad people.

Transgenders have been using public bathrooms of the gender to which they identify for a long time with nobody the wiser and without strong arm tactics are likely to continue to do so with no more incidents than have occurred in the past.

If you want to get into the question regarding transgenders use of locker rooms, 'group' showers, etc., I think there are points that can be made. But, I also think that's for a discussion beyond that of public restrooms in stores and malls and such.

Last edited:
Do you anticipate that allowing everyone (not just transgenders) to use the restroom of their choice rather than nominally restricting access will result in fewer perv incidents, more perv incidents, or about the same number of perv incidents? And if removing restrictions on bathroom choice happens to result in an increase in sexual assaults, illicit video recordings, and other perv activities do you believe that's a reasonable trade for making transgenders feel a little better about themselves?
You'd have to provide evidence that this would be a reasonable concern.

The point that you're not getting is that transgenders have ALREADY been using the bathroom of their choice for as long as there have been public men and women bathrooms.

You're right that it has nothing to do with transgendered. That's exactly the point I've been making. It's nice that one of you guys finally figured that out, even if you had to stumble ass backwards into the point. By allowing All men, not just transgendered, to use whichever bathroom they want to use we are creating potentially dangerous situations. Yes, perverts have been trying to film girls showering since the advent of videotape. But by allowing them to stroll unabated into the women's room you are putting them one huge step closer to their goal. Instead of trying to keep the fox out of the henhouse you are letting the fox waltz right in and hoping he leaves the chickens alone.

By that argument you could say that women's rooms are now safer for girls because there might be a transgender who was originally a 6' 5" man in there protecting it from pedophiles. This example is no more ridiculous or hypothetical than yours.

You'd have to provide evidence that this would be a reasonable concern..
If women and girls start getting assaulted in public restrooms will that constitute reasonable concern? Do we simply brush it off and tell the victims and their families that it could have happened just as easily if bathrooms were still separated by gender? How many victims are acceptable? 100? 1000? Is there a number at which we reevaluate the whole concept?

The point that you're not getting is that transgenders have ALREADY been using the bathroom of their choice for as long as there have been public men and women bathrooms.
If they have been using the bathroom of their choice all this time then why is there suddenly a need to change our laws and policies? Why is it that anyone who opposes these changes is a knuckle-dragging bigot? The point that you're still not getting is that my primary concern isn't the transgenders. My main concern is all the men who are now being given license to walk unabated into women's restrooms.

If women and girls start getting assaulted in public restrooms will that constitute reasonable concern? Do we simply brush it off and tell the victims and their families that it could have happened just as easily if bathrooms were still separated by gender? How many victims are acceptable? 100? 1000? Is there a number at which we reevaluate the whole concept?

And if remains at zero how long will you keep complaining?

Men will still use the men's room. Criminals will still commit crimes. Neither one of these things has anything to do with transgendered.

Yes, actually, it is more ridiculous and hypothetical.
No, yours is more ridiculous.

I'm pretty confident that you have been in public bathrooms with at least one transgender.

I'm also pretty confident your children have been in a public bathroom with at least one transgender.

I'm pretty sure your parents and quite possibly your grandparents have/had been in public bathrooms with at least one transgender.

Your argument that somehow having a bathroom attendant check the genitalia of all potential bathroom users prior to usage will all of a sudden eliminate the surge of cross-dressing molesters is beyond ridiculous. It is a problem that did not exist.

Reactions: cigaretteman
If they have been using the bathroom of their choice all this time then why is there suddenly a need to change our laws and policies? Why is it that anyone who opposes these changes is a knuckle-dragging bigot? The point that you're still not getting is that my primary concern isn't the transgenders. My main concern is all the men who are now being given license to walk unabated into women's restrooms.

Jesus, then you better just go hang out in the women's room all day to make sure there's no perverts in there since you're so concerned about it.

Because there is NO REASON TO MAKE IT A LAW. It is a problem that does not exist now, nor did it in the past.

You know what? Child molesters have been around for a long time as well.

You just don't know what you're talking about on this topic. Time for you to STFU.

I've already expressed my disdain for this topic, but then I thought of the correct answer, so here it is.

Transgendered person: Which bathroom should I use?
Everyone: Use the one you're most comfortable in, which should be the one least likely to raise questions about why you're in the bathroom.

This should be implemented everywhere, without the need for any new laws, and any stupid laws that have been put in place in the last 6 weeks should be automatically repealed today. If the transgendered person is still not comfortable in the bathroom, then there is an excellent chance their problem is much larger than where they should go potty, and it would be wise for them to consult a professional.

I don't know if you guys realize this, but it's not necessarily the transgender person we're concerned about. Some of us are concerned about all men having unfettered access to women's restrooms while our daughters are in there. And if that makes me an asshole then I'm proud to be an asshole.
Men have always had unfettered access to any unlocked door since the beginning of time. You can just walk right in. Nothing is changing that or making that go away.

Men have always had unfettered access to any unlocked door since the beginning of time. You can just walk right in. Nothing is changing that or making that go away.

True but now that doesn't even get you arrested. It doesn't even get the manager to check on the situation.

No doubt some perv with a hidden camera will be waltzing into a women's locker to get his freak on. All in the name of transgendered tolerance.

It all leads to public restrooms being place for sexual pervs and predators to migrate to. People with small children will have to do all their changing at home if they are at swimming pools and other similar places.

There are no known instances of a sexual predator dressing up as women to commit a crime and then using transgender 'friendly' bathroom ordinances as a legal defense.

True but now that doesn't even get you arrested. It doesn't even get the manager to check on the situation.

No doubt some perv with a hidden camera will be waltzing into a women's locker to get his freak on. All in the name of transgendered tolerance.

It all leads to public restrooms being place for sexual pervs and predators to migrate to. People with small children will have to do all their changing at home if they are at swimming pools and other similar places.
Anyone doing anything unsavory in any bathroom could still certainly get arrested and/or their ass kicked. It's how it's always been and nothing will change that.

So...let me get this straight (no pun intended)...if we force transgendered individuals to use the bathroom of their birth gender, pervs will NOT flock to public restrooms and people WILL allow their children to strip naked in pool changing rooms with adults of the same sex...cuz none of them are pervs?

Reactions: mstp1992
Have you people ever heard of that old adage about locking your door? I don't know it verbatim, but it goes like this.

Regardless of whether or not you lock your door, there are some people who are going to attempt to rob you. Regardless of whether or not you lock your door, there are some people who won't attempt to rob you at all. Then there are the people who would rob you if you left your door unlocked, but won't bother with it if you lock your door. Those people are the reason you lock your door.

Reactions: Pepperman
Some of you need to learn the difference between Transgender and a cross dresser.
Precisely. The transgender honestly believes he or she was born with the wrong genitalia and does what he or she can to make him- or herself feel as close to that identity.

There are cross dressers who do so for a variety of reasons, and some of it may be a reaction to potential transsexual feelings. But, by and large, most cross dressers do not wish to be the opposite sex.

Precisely. The transgender honestly believes he or she was born with the wrong genitalia and does what he or she can to make him- or herself feel as close to that identity.

There are cross dressers who do so for a variety of reasons, and some of it may be a reaction to potential transsexual feelings. But, by and large, most cross dressers do not wish to be the opposite sex.

Don't those people have access to therapists now, thanks to the ACA?

I don't know if you guys realize this, but it's not necessarily the transgender person we're concerned about. Some of us are concerned about all men having unfettered access to women's restrooms while our daughters are in there. And if that makes me an asshole then I'm proud to be an asshole.

1. You're an asshole.

2. Do you live in a state that has one of these laws? If not, I assume that you will be aggressively lobbying your legislature to pass one, and if they don't, I assume that you will move to a state that does have one.

Otherwise you're a shitty parent that doesn't care about your daughter's safety from perverts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT