ADVERTISEMENT

Water Useage: How many gallons do you use a month?

I just checked our bill. In June we used 4400 gallons of water. In July we used 31,000 gallons. :eek: Well really late June to late July. When we first turned on the sprinkler system someone had it set to run 6 straight cycles instead of 6 stations. I think it did that for a week before I figured out how to fix it. We’ll see what August brings.

Reactions: Herkmeister
Mrs. Herk and I use over 25,000 gallons a month which seems damn high to me.

Just curious about what others use and how many people are in your house.

(For you guys who visit Mrs. Herk, we ask that you start showering when you get home.):mad::confused:

We’re running around 950k gallons per month, but that’s because I flush every time you use a dorkish emoji and twice for every dull ass Meister/Cloyd retarded banter post.

Otherwise, we run right around 15k.

The utilities are awfully irresponsible for not mentioning your high usage. Or greedy

That has crossed my mind also. You might think in this world of computers and customer service someone might notice something strange or unusual.

Most bigger cities run software that shows which properties are using unusual usage to control leaks. Inside job

Having a pool shouldn't increase your monthly usage, other than when you fill it. Once that's done, you don't typically add more other than in periods of drought.
We've had a pool for 20+ years; I'd guess I've added water less than once a year on average (granted, it generally rains a lot in Florida so I'm sure places that get less rain would have to add more frequently).
Our local fire department actually has a valve,meter and hoses they let you rent from them that allows you to fill your pool from the fire hydrant when the pool is empty.

Just got an email from the city. I never really paid attention. 2000-4000 gallons per month. Billed just under $70 for last month.
Our water softener was running constantly. Can’t wait to see our next two bills. 24,000 gallons last month. Crazy. :confused:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT