ADVERTISEMENT

Ways to improve the NCAA tourney

northside_hawk

Scout Team
Feb 23, 2015
-Yank Charles Barkley off the air

(Serious now) I would like to see them go to a random pot system kind of like the World Cup does. Have pots of 4 teams, each pot ranked based on their seed. Have the preset 1v16 2v15...etc field already drawn out with locations and then pull the team randomly out of the pot and place them for which position they were drawn. No more keeping Duke in Carolina and KU in Omaha. This makes the tourney much more level and brings a lot more excitement to selection Sunday. Have these guys sit in a room Saturday to pick the seeds per team and then have some show girl pick the teams out of the pot per bracket region. They can still have control over the "primetime" game slots if they want.

For those who don't know what I am talking about the pot drawing would look something like this:

world-cup-draw-pots-620-thumb-620xauto-339552.jpg

I would like to see them go to more teams...perhaps around 80. I also think the rule should be that no team with a losing record is eligible to participate. If some crappy team gets lucky and wins their tiny conference tourney on a last second heave, I don't think they should get in if they have a losing record.

I opened this thread expecting to hate it. I don't like when people constantly want to tweak great things.

But this is perfect!!! I'm not sure why travel impact even matter anymore since it's so easy to get anywhere. And what percentage of revenues would be lost because cheap fans aren't willing to travel. People will come and attendance isn't always great anyways.

I do kind of like having #1 And #2 in separate sides, but that's it.

What are the negatives? Make this happen. Where do I sign?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT