ADVERTISEMENT

WBB 2018-2019 SEASON

No comprende Ingles?????
To be sound in reasoning, every message needs to be examined in its context, such as when the message was posted. We live in a dynamic world. Nothing is fixed. Perhaps you should have questioned yourself, "Hmmm, I wonder what the title of the thread was at 2:30pm on June 27th"?

Nice to see Tania elevated for a jump shot.
Tomi's step-back jumper.
Amanda shooting well.

Thanks for the new WBB thread. I suggested combining the WBB season and WBB recruiting together a few months ago but got run out of town. I still think it's a good idea.

Thank you oakhawk for the new season thread and for the links which I had not yet seen. I was thinking it was about time to start a new season thread and have seen some photos of the new freshmen online, but I can’t seem to copy them here for everyone here whom may not have seen them. Hopefully the readers of this thread will all soon be able to associate their names (first and last) with their faces.
(One thing that really struck me was how Monika really reminds me a lot of Nicole Smith.)
I am excited about this new class and for this next season. I believe this team has great leadership and chemistry as well as potential.
Go Hawks.

Last edited:
The Clones have some new faces coming in (including Joens). Their leading scorer Carleton returns, but forces a lot of shots and didn't get much help last year. Their PG situation is cloudy, they never really adjusted to Buckley's decision to forego her last season of eligibility. They had converted a senior wing to play PG who was effective at times but others not. Their center Burkhall reminds me of Coley as a freshman - tall, thin, not very physical. Fennelly generally has them peaking by late January, but they tend to struggle early. Last year at UNI they looked completely lost. Whereas we have almost everybody back, and even if Davis isn't ready we have a lot of experience. Bluder's last few teams have tended to play their best ball early in the season, plus this season's game is in Iowa City. Match up appears to be in our favor :)

The Clones have some new faces coming in (including Joens). Their leading scorer Carleton returns, but forces a lot of shots and didn't get much help last year. Their PG situation is cloudy, they never really adjusted to Buckley's decision to forego her last season of eligibility. They had converted a senior wing to play PG who was effective at times but others not. Their center Burkhall reminds me of Coley as a freshman - tall, thin, not very physical. Fennelly generally has them peaking by late January, but they tend to struggle early. Last year at UNI they looked completely lost. Whereas we have almost everybody back, and even if Davis isn't ready we have a lot of experience. Bluder's last few teams have tended to play their best ball early in the season, plus this season's game is in Iowa City. Match up appears to be in our favor :)
Plus ISU is closer as a team. So says someone.

Reactions: Row55
Freshman guard Kate Martin will miss the 2018-19 season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament and lateral meniscus in her left knee, Iowa announced

Reactions: ammer11
She was a name I brought up when Iowa was looking for a new assistant. Saw her at Carver last season.

AFAIK nothing unless you bring your own. I suppose they might set up a few folding chairs.

Today Shateah Wetering and Megan Meyer won a national championship at Nike Nationals in Chicago.
All Iowa Attack GEY (@AllIowaAttack) Tweeted:
YOUR NATIONALS CHAMPIONS!!! https://t.co/5eDwrQJVk2

At the buzzer for the W. The Hawks are recruiting others from that squad.
Caitlin Clark and Greta Kampschroeder are also on the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyberhawk
All Iowa Attack was runners up last year. Their younger squads are also very good.

Reactions: JAMAM
Went to the scrimmage tonight- cook will be a player. The center from Minnesota will be pretty good by next year. Had a big crowd watching

Back from the scrimmage. Packed house, all stands full and a ring of fans circled the court. Think a full house at PTL.
As Lisa said, they weren't sure what to expect on a Friday night in July. The coaches and players were very appreciative.
They played 4 ten minute quarters with a running clock and didn't keep score. To start, the Black team has the Fr and younger players and they ran a basic offense. The Gold team was more veteran and ran last years offense.
Kate Martin (ACL) and Tania Davis (recovering from ACL() were there, but DNP. Lisa said Tania WILL be ready by October.
Kathleen Doyle just got back from 6 weeks in Spain. Today was her first practice.Tomorrow, Hannah and Megan leave for Ohio to train before heading to Brazil to represent the USA in an Athletes in Action event.
Speaking of Hannah and Megan, they had a really good high-low game going. Megan is a 1st team AA.Hannah was probably the leading scorer on the night with a ton of layups. Both are in great shape. Speaking of great shape, Amanda Ollinger was almost unrecognizable. She looks like she attended the Hannah-Stewart-BodyShaping-Academy . Very lean and quick.Still had trouble getting the jumpers to drop. Kathleen Doyle and Mak Meyer were their usual solid selves. Mak got on a streak and hit 4 threes in a short stretch.
Tomi Taiwo is going to help from the outside. She hit some threes and also showed her quickness with some nice drives. Lexi Sevillian looked like the player that led the team in threes last year.
Paula Ramos was more confident. Had some trouble handling Meagan in the post, but who doesn't?
I was very pleased with the post play of Monika Czinano. She is strong and was physical against Megan. Megan was too quick.Monika really knows how to post up, has some moves, and good shooting touch.
Logan Cook is on the perimeter after being in the paint in HS. Farther along on the change than I expected she would be. She shot the three extremely well in warm-ups.
Zion Sanders looked healthy, she played solidly and hit a couple of threes.
The team as a whole is in great shape. They were pushing the ball all night. Their fate will probably depend, like last year, on how consistent they are from three.

Last edited:
636671121383640392-0713-wbbScrimmage-013.JPG

They are pretty much the same height, Monika has a solid weight and is strong.

Reactions: JAMAM
The Athletes in Action team USA, with Megan and Hannah, has won games against Mexico, Uruguay, and Chile. Tomorrow, at 11 am CT, they will play host country Brazil for the Gold.

ADVERTISEMENT