ADVERTISEMENT

WBB 2019-20 Season in general

That had all the feel of a letdown game after last week's two big comebacks. Team was flat. Crowd was flat. Doyle drug them over the finish line. A few questionable calls and OSU missed layups didn't hurt.

MSU was blown out at home tonight Would be nice to get ahead early Sunday on Megan Gustafson day and everyone get to relax and have some fun.

200th career win for coach Bluder. I had no idea she was 8th winningedt coach in big ten basketball history for both men's and women's bball (unless I read that stat wrong). Very impressive
it was kinda confusing.

So, Stringer's 217 wins are from when she was at Iowa plus all of her Rutgers wins? Or just when RU was in the B1G?

That had all the feel of a letdown game after last week's two big comebacks. Team was flat. Crowd was flat. Doyle drug them over the finish line. A few questionable calls and OSU missed layups didn't hurt.

MSU was blown out at home tonight Would be nice to get ahead early Sunday on Megan Gustafson day and everyone get to relax and have some fun.
OSU also cooled off from the 3 pt line big time. They had something like 6 threes to Iowa's 2 in the 1st half, but that evened out in the 2nd half, and OSU couldn't bury a shot down the stretch despite some open looks.

The difference in these last several games for Iowa, is that they are stepping up and hitting shots down the stretch in games, be it 3 pointers or getting to the basket.

Reactions: LinusPF
The calculation of the 200 Big Ten victories makes no sense, IMO. Lisa has 20 victories over Big Ten teams in the Big Ten tourney, so she’s really at 220 Big Ten victories. Seems silly to limit it to regular season victories.

Doyle may be my favorite player of all time at Iowa. She's just so aggressive and feisty. Have always thought she plays more like a man then any Iowa woman player I've seen.

I was definitely a huge fan of logic. But I actually think Doyle is more athletic, quicker and I actually think she's a better shooter this year.

2 great Hawks, but 2 very different players. All those drives that Doyle made to win the game against OSU, Logic never did that because she was not fast, or very quick. But her strength, size and brain were huge assets.

2 great Hawks, but 2 very different players. All those drives that Doyle made to win the game against OSU, Logic never did that because she was not fast, or very quick. But her strength, size and brain were huge assets.

Logic would take the ball to the paint, pivot and pass it back out to some gal name Melissa Dixon FOR THREE. :)

You see the struggles without a reliable post presence for Iowa.

But also our guards need to have better body control when finishing. Way too off-balance trying to fly to the basket.

Too many missed layup attempts tonight.

I can’t find shit on BTN+. Anybody got a clue where this jersey retirement lives?

You there? I can’t find it on btn+.
I tried a chat with BTN+ and was told the ceremony was on the Fox Sports app. Can’t find anything there, either. Really make me angry that BTN is doing their tip-off show rather than showing the jersey retirement ceremony of the ONLY woman in B1G history to be the consensus National POY.

I tried a chat with BTN+ and was told the ceremony was on the Fox Sports app. Can’t find anything there, either. Really make me angry that BTN is doing their tip-off show rather than showing the jersey retirement ceremony of the ONLY woman in B1G history to be the consensus National POY.
Exactly.

Seems like they went over schedues timeto show MSU (male)player in some kind of ceremony just a few games ago.

Makenna had a huge break-out game with the first of what will undoubtedly be many double doubles in her career. Every year that the Hawkeyes lose a native Wisconsin legend, another one appears.
Hopefully we all learn to spell it correctly - Mckenna Warnock.

Reactions: cyberhawk
ADVERTISEMENT