ADVERTISEMENT

WBB 2020 postseason/preseason

Based on media and ncaa it appears a bubble season is likely. For those of us who have been season ticket holders I hope a tv package becomes available for all games. I would think many if not the majority , maybe all would use that money, more if necessary to see our Hawks play. I would. If a bubble is the way I hope Gary and Lisa reach out to donors , season ticket holders and the public to help make tv happen.

Depending on the way the bubble is operated, my guess is most of the games would be on BTN (or maybe BTN Plus for WBB). The conference is going to want to show as many games as it can, and having a bubble should make broadcasting easier since every game would be in one location.

Reactions: fish1hawk
Depending on the way the bubble is operated, my guess is most of the games would be on BTN (or maybe BTN Plus for WBB). The conference is going to want to show as many games as it can, and having a bubble should make broadcasting easier since every game would be in one location.
really hope this happens and the men and women games don't overlap. I want to watch both

Reactions: iarick
I found an interesting podcast featuring Associate Head Coach Jan Jensen. She discusses her career & recruiting which is on the upswing she feels due to their on-court success & their two players in the WNBA. Here are some highlights incase you cannot listen...

- Says '21 will be a very good class, singles out the 'post player' (Addison O'Grady) as being 6'4-6'5 & a great get for the program.
- Thinks everyone in the '20 class will contribute this year & they are better than the staff thought they would be.
- Is really high on Sharon Goodman, compared her post moves to those of another "small town girl," Megan Gustafson.
- Gave Caitlin her due, said her recruitment was dramatic toward the end. Said she's very emotional & she will pair well with Lauren Jensen who is more cerebral, they balance each other out well & are great players.
- Sounds like Shateah Wetering is currently at the 4, says she is a smaller power forward.

She said the team is doing well, they have had some great days but other times she asks "Where's Doyle".

https://hawkfanatic.com/2020/09/17/the-devine-line-ep-8-jan-jensen/

Last edited:
Great news all around. If Goodman can contribute our interior depth,rebounding and fouls to give will help. The guard court is deep and I think will be good for years , might be a bit young this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyberhawk
I found an interesting podcast featuring Associate Head Coach Jan Jensen. She discusses her career & recruiting which is on the upswing she feels due to their on-court success & their two players in the WNBA. Here are some highlights incase you cannot listen...

- Says '21 will be a very good class, singles out the 'post player' (Addison O'Grady) as being 6'4-6'5 & a great get for the program.
- Thinks everyone in the '20 class will contribute this year & they are better than the staff thought they would be.
- Is really high on Sharon Goodman, compared her post moves to those of another "small town girl," Megan Gustafson.
- Gave Caitlin her due, said her recruitment was dramatic toward the end. Said she's very emotional & she will pair well with Lauren Jensen who is more cerebral, they balance each other out well & are great players.
- Sounds like Shateah Wetering is currently at the 4, says she is a smaller power forward.

She said the team is doing well, they have had some great days but other times she asks "Where's Doyle".

https://hawkfanatic.com/2020/09/17/the-devine-line-ep-8-jan-jensen/
Thanks for the heads-up!

Sharon Goodman looks to be a suitable size to back-up Monica...
Definitely, Goodman might even be taller. And Monika looks like she's in even better basketball shape.

For all the unknowns this offense has after losing two stud guards, they have a reliable post option with Monika which will help the team in stretches when they struggle to score. Monika had a tremendous season last year. Had the GOAT/Gustafson never played for Iowa I honestly think we'd be talking more about Monika's ceiling as potentially one of the best post players in team history. She can be, even if she'll always be compared to Megan. Needs to work on defense and rebounding but her touch around the rim is great and her FG% proves it.

Definitely, Goodman might even be taller. And Monika looks like she's in even better basketball shape.

For all the unknowns this offense has after losing two stud guards, they have a reliable post option with Monika which will help the team in stretches when they struggle to score. Monika had a tremendous season last year. Had the GOAT/Gustafson never played for Iowa I honestly think we'd be talking more about Monika's ceiling as potentially one of the best post players in team history. She can be, even if she'll always be compared to Megan. Needs to work on defense and rebounding but her touch around the rim is great and her FG% proves it.

I'm not sure how much Monika can improve her defense, because I think a lot of her problem is athleticism (jumping/lateral movement). Her offensive improvements thus far show that she works hard. Better positioning could certainly improve defense and rebounding somewhat. But at the end of the day, if you're not elite athletically, it's hard to guard/rebound against athletic posts.

That's why Warnock is such an offensive weapon. She's as tall as a 4, but she plays more like a wing. A traditional 4 will struggle to guard her out to the three point line, while a wing will struggle to guard her around the basket.

Reactions: hawkahawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT