ADVERTISEMENT

WBB coaching changes

I wonder if Tania would still be able to attend graduate school & work as the team DOBO? Don't see why they couldn't make it work. This move surprises me, was listening to Nate Kaeding interview coach Bluder on a podcast earlier this month & she spoke at length how grateful she is for her staff consistency. Wonder how much coaching Jenni is allowed/if any by the NCAA.

Reactions: intrepodor
So can we assume that Abby is labelled Interim only because they have to go through the protocol before she could be named permanent?

And I would also assume this means Jenni cannot be on the bench during games since she is no longer a "coach"?

Any thoughts, cyberhawk?
She can be on the bench, Rutgers has the same position & she is on the bench but what she is allowed to do is the question.

Mon., June 17, 2019
Iowa announces women's basketball staff shuffling
Formerly associate head coach, Jenni Fitzgerald will serve as a 'special assistant to the head coach'

Bluder said in the phone interview Monday that Fitzgerald’s primary role will be making scouting reports on upcoming opponents and evaluation of recruits via videotape.
“This is something that has been brewing for a little while,” Bluder said. “Jenni has been wanting to focus on a certain part of coaching, and not the recruiting aspect. She’ll still be close by, and she’ll still be on the bench. She won’t be able to talk to the players, just the coaches.”

“Abby has paid her dues for 10 years. She’s been at every game, every practice,” said Bluder, who added that Stamp is “the lead candidate” to become an assistant on a permanent basis.

The Hawkeyes will leave Aug. 7 for a summer trip to Spain.

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/...17?template=amphtml&__twitter_impression=true

Last edited:
Reactions: mphawk
Speaking of coaching changes. Jan Jensen needs to take over the Iowa volleyball program. She is ready to be a head coach in some sport.

Ex-Hawkeye and wbb legend Samantha Logic is coaching [when she is not playing professionally].

Jenny [Lillis] may not want to leave Drake after receiving this endowment. Also she is a native of the area.

Drake women’s basketball receives record gift

Longtime Drake University supporter and local philanthropist Suzie Glazer Burt has made a historic $5 million gift to the Drake University women’s basketball program.
[...]
A portion of the gift will be used to endow the Suzie Glazer Burt Women’s Basketball Head Coach position and strengthen the Bulldogs’ dynamic and passionate leadership under head coach Jennie Baranczyk.

https://www.radioiowa.com/2019/04/29/drake-womens-basketball-receives-record-gift/

I would really like to see Samantha Logic return to Iowa as a coach. She would be an excellent choice for both coaching the guards and recruiting.

I saw coaching potential in Kathryn Reynolds when she was still a prep. She was well coached in HS (Mt Notre Dame is an extremely successful basketball program) and with her father’s career in MLB, she is undoubtedly well connected in the sports universe.

Last edited:
Reactions: mphawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT