ADVERTISEMENT

WBB Media Day Question Submission

KyleHuesmann

HR All-American
Apr 14, 2021
Iowa Women’s Basketball media day is next Thursday (Oct 20) and we will get the chance to speak with Coach Lisa Bluder and players.

I have my own list of questions that I would like to ask, but I will open it up to you guys to send me some questions that you would like to see answers by Bluder or players.

Obviously, we have limited time with both Bluder and the players, but I will try to fit some questions of yours if time allows.

Drop them in this thread⬇️

Iowa Women’s Basketball media day is next Thursday (Oct 20) and we will get the chance to speak with Coach Lisa Bluder and players.

I have my own list of questions that I would like to ask, but I will open it up to you guys to send me some questions that you would like to see answers by Bluder or players.

Obviously, we have limited time with both Bluder and the players, but I will try to fit some questions of yours if time allows.

Which player will "surprise us" this year?
Who is gonna have a breakout year?

Talk about the challenges of balancing a highly rated recruiting class with a veteran returning lineup that started every game last season.

With the return of Sharon Goodman, the 5 position is now 3 deep. Sharon and Addy both have some range. Is there a lineup where we could possibly see two bigs on the floor and a return of the Triangle offensive for short stretches within games, especially considering the success of the Triangle offense with Megan Gustafson and Hannah Stewart during the Elite Eight run just a few seasons ago?

For Kate Martin - You really elevated your game during the BIG ten tournament last season, and seemed to put the team on your back at moments which really changed the momentum. You played with confidence and had some of your best games. Can we expect to see a more confident and aggressive Kate Martin going into what could potentially be your final season.

Last edited:
I would like to see Caitlin with more triple doubles and maybe average a double double for the season. (Averaging a triple double is more than I could possibly hope for.) Can you request her for that? 😎
Also, can you ask Monica if she can make at least one 3-pointer this season? (Megan G had one.)

Last edited:

What kind of substitution pattern does Lisa anticipate using, especially in the early games since there are so many players to get a look at? Several years ago it was a hockey line deal, bringing in a complete second unit at a time. Last year it was the other extreme, just trying to sneak in a short break for a starter around the five-minute media timeout.

Just how good is she? Is she the one that is friends/teammate of the Brown recruit?

“I think I can do a lot of things,” she said. “I can shoot the 3, I can drive. I’ll play post if they want me to, and I can play the point.”

Sydney owns the Marist HS career rebounding record and nearly averaged a double double for her prep career.

Reactions: shikreto
What kind of changes / improvements can we expect to see this year as opposed to last year? We’ve seen Clark and Coach Jensen remark on the team’s “intensity” — what exactly does that mean?

I'm way late on this, but:

For Caitlin: Teams like Creighton were very physical in guarding you, but you sometimes weren't getting many whistles. How will you adjust to that physical defense?

Also for Caitlin: How can you improve your defense while also limiting fouls on the defensive end?

For Coach Bluder: This team is deeper than its been in the last few seasons. Will we see a bigger rotation this year than in past seasons?

For Molly: How has her experience at Iowa so far compared with her time at Central Michigan.

For the Freshman: How are their first few weeks of college and college basketball going? Has there been anything they didn't expect?

ADVERTISEMENT