ADVERTISEMENT

WBB recruiting for the future

Can she step out to three range or pretty much all paint or inside the three? She looks awfully good tho.

Didn't the Gophs get H. Stewart's sister? Are they also recruiting Chase's?

Didn't the Gophs get H. Stewart's sister? Are they also recruiting Chase's?

Yes they (Gophers) are recruiting Kendall Coley. She also has offers from Wisconsin, Ohio St., Louisville among others. I've never been able to confirm if Iowa is actively recruiting Kendall or not (most assume they are), but her style of play would fit in well with Iowa.

Also of note, Maggie Czinano, Monika's sister a 5'11 guard was recently offered by Minnesota too.

Last edited:
Connie Goodman, mother of Sharon Goodman passed away yesterday afternoon after battling cancer.

Iowa target 2021 6'1 F Grace Hall suffered a torn ACL recently. Her AAU coach recently said she'd explode this coming season into a top 15 recruit in the nation but will now miss the rest of her HS season & AAU season.

Mo Wiggins from Michigan, another 2021 Iowa target suffered the same injury late last year.

Reactions: cyberhawk
Where is Sophia Hart leaning if anyone has some idea?

edited, it was Hall with the acl, not Hart.

Last edited:
Don’t we have an extra scholarship or two. Correct me if I’m wrong. Do we still take Hall and redshirt her if she wants to come to Iowa and take that chance?

Is that Aubryanna Hall from Ohio, or someone else?

Grace Hall from Homewood-Flossmoor High School outside of Chicago. Bre Hall from Ohio has an Iowa offer but I don't think Iowa is high on her list. She visited South Carolina recently & has an offer from Dawn Staley.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIWILLE
Don’t we have an extra scholarship or two. Correct me if I’m wrong. Do we still take Hall and redshirt her if she wants to come to Iowa and take that chance?

She is only a Junior this year, if everything goes well she will be back on the court for a good part of her Senior season next year. I recall Lisa has recruited injured players in the past so I doubt she backs off recruiting her if she feels Grace can return to the same level. She is a talented front court player & reminds me of some of the recruits Vivian had at Iowa.

Reactions: HIWILLE
Grace Hall from Homewood-Flossmoor High School outside of Chicago. Bre Hall from Ohio has an Iowa offer but I don't think Iowa is high on her list. She visited South Carolina recently & has an offer from Dawn Staley.

Thanks - we all appreciate those of you who keep us informed.

Maggie Czinano 5'11 Guard, Monika's sister committed to Minnesota today. Iowa didn't offer, but thought it was noteworthy.

Reactions: cyberhawk
Maggie Czinano 5'11 Guard, Monika's sister committed to Minnesota today. Iowa didn't offer, but thought it was noteworthy.
So Whalen is recruting Minn players Hardly or none on the team now, prob. from former coach.

So Whalen is recruting Minn players Hardly or none on the team now, prob. from former coach.

Marlene Stollings didn't sign one Minnesota player out of high school, but did sign transfer Kenisha Bell. Lindsay Whalen has been attempting to recruit the state hard as there is a ton of talent in the 2021 class.

However, just lately she's offered several guards who aren't being heavily recruited by other schools making me wonder where they sit with some of their better prospects? Namely, Adalia McKenzie the top player in the state in her class who has an Iowa offer & visited campus with her dad already. In a recent interview it appears Iowa is right near the top of her list. She reminds me a little of Kachine Alexander at this point in her career, but she has a much higher upside.

I liked Adalia's one comment. " I like rebounding, I think it's an important part of the game. " Monika sure could use that mentality. Or the whole team as far as that goes.

Reactions: jockos
I liked Adalia's one comment. " I like rebounding, I think it's an important part of the game. " Monika sure could use that mentality. Or the whole team as far as that goes.

That rebounding comment is one of the reasons I compared her to Kachine. Her commitment to improving on defense is promising too considering her ability to score on offense.

Reactions: brfhilltop
Last edited:

By [Holland] Sentinel Staff
Posted Feb 18, 2020 at 11:20 PMUpdated at 12:42 PM

“AJ has been putting in a ton of work on finishing around the rim and lately it’s been paying off,” Hamilton coach Jacquelyn Schwark said. “She’s strong and she can score multiple ways which makes her really hard to guard. She outworked everyone on the floor tonight. I’m super proud of her effort on both offense and defense. She was great.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT