ADVERTISEMENT

WBB recruiting for the future

Put all the prospects from all of our lists in one post for 2021, 2022, & 2023.

2021 Prospects

Sydney Affolter - Chicago, IL (5'11 G) (Committed)
AJ Ediger - Hamilton, MI (6'3 F) (Committed)
Addison O'Grady - Grandview, CO (6'4 F/C) (Committed)
Sophia Hart - Farmington, MN (P 6'4) - committed to NCST
Breanne Salenbien - Adrian, MI (F 6'3) - committed to Gonzaga
Alyssa VanTimmeren - Allendale, MI (6'3 F) - committed to Boston College
Grace Hall - Homewood/Flossmoor, IL (6'1 F)
Katie Burton - Fishers, IN (5'8 G)
Matyson Wilke - Beaver Dam, WI (5'9 G)
Damiya Hageman - Mount Clemens, MI (5'9 PG) - Iowa not in her top 7 (6/5/20)
Adalia McKenzie - Park Center, MN (5'10 G) - committed to Illinois
G Ariana Wiggins -Indianapolis, IN (5'8 PG) - committed to Michigan
G Laila Phelia - Cincinnati, OH (5'11 G) - committed to Michigan

2022 Prospects
Hannah Stuelke - Cedar Rapids, IA (6'0 W - Committed)
Brooklyn Meyer - West Lyon, IA (6'2 F) (Offered)
Ava Hawthorne - Gilbert, IA (5'10 PG) (Offered)
Alyssa Crockett - Westfield, IN (6'1 F) (Offered)
Mara Braun - Wayzata, MN (5'11 G) (Offered)
Callin Hake - Victoria, MN (5'8 G) (Offered)
Taylor McCabe - Freemont, NE (5'9 G) (Offered)
Jada Gyamfi - Urbandale, IA (6'1 F) (Offered)
Ruby Whitehorn - Detroit, MI (6'0 W) (Offered)
Taylor Charles - Chicago, IL (6'2 F) (Offered)
Cotie McMahon - Centerville, OH (5'11 G) (Offered)
Maya Naji - Hopkins, MN (6'4 F) (Offered)
Mya Petticord - Ypsilanti, MI (5'9 PG) (Offered)
Lilly Stoddard - Crown Point, IN (6'4 F) (Offered)
Grace VanSlooten - Ottawa, OH (6'3 F) (Offered)
Mallory Heyer - Chaska, MN (6'2 F) (Offered)
Beatrice Culliton - Overland Park, KS (6'3 C) (Offered)(#38 ESPN)
Saniah Tyler - St; Louis, MO (5'6 PG) (Offered)(#50 ESPN)

Others on the coaching staffs radar at least & possible offers:
Brianna McDaniel - Chicago, IL (5'11 PG)
Brooke Blumenfeld - Glenbrooke, IL (6'0 F)
McKenna Monogue - Mukwonago, WI (6'0 W)
Ayanna Patterson - Ft. Wayne, IN (6'2 F)
Madisen Wardell - Detroit, MI (6'0 F)
Ysabella Fontleroy - Columbia, MO (6'1 F)
Taylor Veach - Dewitt, IA (5'10 G)
Emma Ingersoll-Weng - Iowa City, IA(5'6 PG)
Bella Swedlund - Winner, SD (5'9 G)
Tessa Towers - Batavia, IL (6'4 F)
Amber Scalia - Stillwater, MN (5'9 PG)
Acacia Hayes - Murfreesboro, TN (5'7 PG)
Payton Sterk - Colorado Springs, CO (5'9 PG - Dec 2019 campus visit)

2023 Prospects
Jordan Wood - Mundelein, IL (6'2 F) (Offered)
KK Arnold - Germantown, WI (5'6 PG) (Offered)
Emily Fisher - Libertyville, IL (6'0 G) (Offered)
Ashlynn Shade - Noblesville, IN (5'10 G) (Offered)
Amiyah Reynolds - South Bend, IN (6'0 PG) (Offered)

Others on the coaching staffs radar at least & possible offers:
Jenna Hopp - Glenwood, IA (5'10 G) (offer is likely)
Katelyn Jones - Lantana, TX
Kaliyah Sain - Cedar Rapids Kennedy (5'10 G)
Katy Eidle - Arlington Heights, IL (5'11 G)
Ke'Ayla Madison - DSM, Roosevelt (5'5 PG)
Joy Bergstrom - Chicago, IL (5'11 G)
Nylah Cannon - Okemos, MI (6'2 F)
Smya Nichols - Overland Park, KS (6'0 W)
Aaliyah Beier - Linn Mar HS, IA (5'6 G)
Jenna Twedt - Benton, IA (5'8 G) (I think would commit if offered)
Jada Williams - Blue Springs, MO (5'7 PG)
Kora Kipley - Arlington Heights, IL (5'7 G)
Grace Koepke - Vernon Hills, ILL (6'4 F)
Megan Mrowicki - Arlington Heights, IL (5'10 G)
Nevaeh Quinn - Menasha, WI (5'8 G)
Arianna Jackson - DSM, Roosevelt (5'9 G)
Audi Crooks - Algona Garrigan (6'4 P)
Molly Joyce - Algona Garrigan (5'7 PG)
KK Jones - Lantana, TX (5'6 PG)
Whitney Lind - Union, KY (6'2 W)
Molly Noelck - Johnston, IA (5'9 PG)
Sahara Williams - Waterloo, IA (5'11 F)

2024 Prospects
Elise Jaeger - West Des Moines (Valley), IA (5'10 G)
Ava Holman - Brooklyn Park, MN (5'5 PG)
Aliyah Al-Hameed - Ankeny, IA (5'8 PG)
Olivia Olson - St. Louis Park, MN (6'0 PG)(highly ranked)
Reagan Briggs - Verona, WI (5'9 G)
Chloe Spreen - Lawrence, IN (5'8 G)
Callie Levin - Solon, IA (5'9 W)
Aili Tank - Johnston, IA (5'8 G)

2025 Prospects
Journey Houston - Davenport, IA
Divine Binion - Davenport, IA
Jada Podey - North Polk, IA
Nikki Kerstein - Deerfield, IL

2026 Prospects
Jenica Lewis - Johnston, IA

Last edited:
Thu., April 30, 2020
Iowa recruit Shateah Wetering is 'sleeker' and now a legitimate outside threat
Originally recruited as a power forward, Montezuma star now projected as a small forward

[...]

“We had recruited her as a power forward,” Bluder said. “When I saw her last season, I was so excited. I called my assistants and said, ‘We have a 3 here.’”

[...]

Wetering committed to Iowa during her sophomore season. At the time, the word “project” seemed applicable. As a freshman, she averaged a modest 7.8 points per game. As a sophomore, 13.5.

“She was a very raw athlete then,” said Bravettes Coach Janel Burgess [...]. “She has a lot of tools in her tool kit now; she just has to keep sharpening them. There’s no doubt in my mind that Stateah is going to be one of those surprise recruits. She’s very athletic, and Iowa does a tremendous job developing kids.”

Wetering concluded her high-school career with 1,558 points. She played in three state tournaments, and her team was 82-16 in the past four seasons.
As a senior, she averaged 23.2 points, 6.7 rebounds, 4.2 assists and 3.0 steals per game as the Bravettes went 23-2.
The most striking development in Wetering’s game comes from the perimeter. In her first three seasons, she shot 23.0 percent (41 of 178) from 3-point range. As a senior, that figure jumped to a very respectable 37.6 percent (47 of 125).

[...]

“She has good passing skills, she looks sleeker and her 3-point shot has improved a lot,” Bluder said. “She’s going to be a really good small forward for us.”

[...]

Read the entire article here:
https://www.thegazette.com/subject/...30?template=amphtml&__twitter_impression=true

Last edited:
This article was previously linked to in the other WBB thread
Driven With Confidence: How Caitlin Clark Became A Hawkeye
Adam Hensley Apr 22, 2020

[... She played against her brothers and in a league for boys, where one of the opponent’s parents was quoted as saying she shouldn’t be allowed to play with them...]

Clark took a few visits to Iowa City, with her first coming in 2016 on the weekend Iowa toppled No. 2 Michigan in football on a last-second field goal.

“It was a pretty memorable visit. I just really loved it,” Clark said. “The coaches are genuine, down-to-earth people. All the girls are really nice and outgoing. That’s just the people I want to be around. You want to surround yourself with people like you.”

In her visits with Iowa, there was one moment in particular that stood out to Clark. When attending a practice, Kathleen Doyle sat out with injury. Together, the two sat on the sidelines, and Clark picked her brain. Doyle was able to give Clark honest answers to her questions, something she, as well as any recruit in her shoes, appreciated.

“I literally sat for a whole two-hour practice and just talked to her,” Clark said. “It was great to get her perspective on everything and talk to her and see what she likes. That was very helpful.”

[...]
“I think their play style is really good,” Clark said. “What Coach Bluder has done with point guards is obviously very promising, along with their development of players in general. I want to go to the next level, and seeing that is really encouraging. I think playing for your home state is always special.”

Timing, Clark pointed out, was another factor in her decision. It’s perfect, really [...] With the reigning Big Ten Player of the Year gone, Bluder hands the keys to Clark.

“That’s my vision. I know she’s just a freshman, but if any freshman can handle it, she can,” Bluder said.

And Clark’s ready for it. She embraces the spotlight.

“She’s really grown in her awareness of the impact she can have,” Dowling Catholic girls’ basketball coach Kristin Meyer said. “She knows she’s got a lot of eyes on her, and she’s very conscious of trying to be a good person, a good teammate, and a good role model to younger players.”

[...]
The potential is certainly there, and Clark, who remains ever-so-confident, has lofty expectations.

“I have goals for a Final Four,”
she said. “I have big hopes and dreams, which I think any person should if you’re playing basketball with them. Who wouldn’t want to win and be the best?”

Read the entire article here:
https://www.si.com/college/iowa/basketball/caitlin-clark-042120

Last edited:
The June summer camp is still going on? At this rate in Johnson County, they'd have to practice 4 corners during the camp to maintain social distance.
I'm guessing it can still be canceled. There were numerous reports yesterday that the university is planning to resume athletics June 1st. Also, the zone defense will be amazing!

Reactions: UpstreamHawkeye
Very happy to see Stuelke rated so high. The 4 and 5 positions are going to be loaded for years to come.
Caught some of her film a few weeks ago. I was curious to see where she would be ranked. She is a big with that rare ability to handle the ball and get to the basket. Iowa hasn't had really anyone like her that I can remember. 34th nationally is no joke. She could be really special.

Also, this may have been posted previously but the WBB Blog site has a scholarship by year tracker that is another way to view the subsequent years' rosters. It's hasn't updated for O'Grady but it's a solid reference- https://wbbblog.com/iowa-womens-basketball-recruiting/

The WBB Blog is maintained by Tweeter Raoul. The scholarship tracker for Iowa also still has Paula Valiño Ramos as a senior for 2021 and includes Zion Sanders as a walk-on.

Last edited:
Just using ESPNW's rankings:

Iowa- #47 AJ Ediger; #56 Addison O'Grady
Michigan- #36 Laila Phelia
Purdue- #43 Sacha Washington
Maryland- #44 Shyanne Sellers
Northwestern- #67 Hailey Weaver; #82 Jillian Brown
Nebraska- #96 Allison Weidner

Iowa- #34 Hannah Stuelke

Nice not seeing the Hoosiers. Of the newer coach's in the league she has been the one who has raised the level to contender last year and probably next.

I would think Iowa would be ahead of Michigan with O Grady making 3 ranked girls to Michigan two ranked girls so far, unless I’m missing someone. Could we still get one more ranked in top 100? Anyone touch on that ?

I like Iowa’s chances with a better recruiting class for 2021. Why? They have 3 that are ranked in various polls with Ediger, O Grady, and Affolter in the top 60 and 1 more scholarship available to go after, and hopefully its another top ranked kid. There are a few top kids Iowa is trying to land yet for that 4th spot. Michigan has two top 40 girls in Wiggens, Phelia both guards and a kid not ranked in Taylor Gibson 6-2 F- C. Michigan class is complete with 3 recruits it appears.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyberhawk
What do we need most to finish the class? Front court player or back court player ? As bad as I would like Breanne Salenbien or Sophia Hart up front, I think we need a guard to fill our needs the most. For my Guards, Damayi Hagemann PG 1st, McKenzie or Wilke 2nd. Grace Hall would be interesting player if healthy enough.

Reactions: Schwick
This is the list of 2021 B1G commitments by school with corresponding number and WBBBlog link for each..,

Illinois
(2)
Indiana (1)
Iowa (3)
Maryland (1)
Michigan (3)
Michigan State (1)
Minnesota (2)
Nebraska (3)
Northwestern (3)
Ohio State (0)
Penn State (0)
Purdue (3)
Rutgers (0)
Wisconsin (0)

Five schools (Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, Northwestern and Purdue) each have three commitments while four (Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers and Wisconsin) each have zero.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tunadog and HIWILLE
What do we need most to finish the class? Front court player or back court player ? As bad as I would like Breanne Salenbien or Sophia Hart up front, I think we need a guard to fill our needs the most. For my Guards, Damayi Hagemann PG 1st, McKenzie or Wilke 2nd. Grace Hall would be interesting player if healthy enough.
good question, I think with Clark getting a high profile PG would be tough. Top recruits want to play right now. Shooting guard appears in good shape. Megan was a rebounding machine. It was a weakness last year. McKenna is a future star. Rebounds, perimeter shooting, good ball handling for size , I think a clone of her in each class would be fun. I think Lisa will save it for the 22 class

I don’t have Twitter account but I think Bree Salenbien has committed to Gonzaga

Not 100% sure but I think Grace Hall Committed to Western Michigan.

Interesting. A recruit from Illinois with multiple ACC and SEC offers opts for W. Michigan. Wonder if this is injury related, or is W. Michigan just the right fit.

Interesting. A recruit from Illinois with multiple ACC and SEC offers opts for W. Michigan. Wonder if this is injury related, or is W. Michigan just the right fit.

Bre Salenbien did recently commit to Gonzaga but I haven't seen anything on Grace Hall committing to any school yet, but will keep checking. Both players will miss all/or most of their Senior seasons due to ACL injuries. They are still recruiting Wilke, McKenzie, & Hart for 2021.

Googled Grace Hall Basketball and says she tweeted she’s going to Western Michigan

Change my mine and take Hart. Ya can’t really pass on a post her size and that good. Let’s get her!

Last edited:
Reactions: HIWILLE
Adalia McKenzie committed to Illinois tonight. That makes me wonder if Iowa and Minnesota were still interested at the end. There are reasons to pick Illinois over either, obviously, but it isn't something most would do given the current state of the programs. This could be a sign Iowa is done with the 2021 class.

I’m sure Iowa would still take Sophia Hart wouldn’t they? Understood she was down to Minnesota or Iowa or did that change?

Adalia McKenzie committed to Illinois tonight. That makes me wonder if Iowa and Minnesota were still interested at the end. There are reasons to pick Illinois over either, obviously, but it isn't something most would do given the current state of the programs. This could be a sign Iowa is done with the 2021 class.

Last month on a Gopher forum Adalia reportedly made it known she wouldn't be attending Minnesota despite being guaranteed a scholarship regardless of their current numbers (Sophie Hart too). If Iowa is still recruiting one player for '21 Matyson Wilke fits a need for a shooter with a high basketball IQ or Sophie would give an overwhelming post presence along with the other commits & Monika for a season. It likely comes down to where Lisa feels they stands with their '22 prospects, it would be tough to turn away Matyson or Sophie if one wants to commit.

This has to be a big blow to the Minnesota program. You can't lose a recruit of this caliber that is in your backyard. She was one of the top if not they top recruit for 2021, you just got to find a spot for these type of players. It's bad enough to lose out on her, but to Illinois, WOW!!

This has to be a big blow to the Minnesota program. You can't lose a recruit of this caliber that is in your backyard. She was one of the top if not they top recruit for 2021, you just got to find a spot for these type of players. It's bad enough to lose out on her, but to Illinois, WOW!!
Well I guess the Gopher fans should feel better that it's Illinois and not Iowa that Adalia McKenzie committed to.

Reactions: mphawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT