ADVERTISEMENT

WBB recruiting for the future

Well I guess the Gopher fans should feel better that it's Illinois and not Iowa that Adalia McKenzie committed to.

I think that would make me feel worse if I were a Gopher fan. Iowa has been a better team than Minnesota the last couple years. Losing an in state player to a better team not far away is understandable. Losing an in state player to a worse team isn't good.

Adalia McKenzie committed to Illinois tonight. That makes me wonder if Iowa and Minnesota were still interested at the end. There are reasons to pick Illinois over either, obviously, but it isn't something most would do given the current state of the programs. This could be a sign Iowa is done with the 2021 class.

Mckenzie's decision was based on what see wants to study.. She's thinking about life after basketball.

All Iowa Attack hosted an AAU tourney this weekend. It sounds like it was mainly All Iowa Attack teams. Here's a handful of updates from Chuck Thompson from Five State Hoops about the EYBL team (with commits '21 Sydney Affolter and '22 Hannah Stuelke and prospects '22 Taylor McCabe and '22 Jada Gyamfi).

Courtside Films posted a bunch of highlights from All Iowa Attack this last weekend (maybe the last 2 weekends?).

2021 commit Sydney Affolter and 2022 commit Hannah Stuelke

2022 G prospect Taylor McCabe (has offer)

2022 F prospect Jada Gyamfi (has offer?)

2023 PG prospect Arianna Jackson

Last edited:
Thanks to all who add to wbb forum. The sport is so much fun with so little drama. Lisa her staff and the players do such a good job. I not only hope for regular season but even more fans they deserve it. Good seats, close parking, great games, I can't imagine not being part of it. Hope the staff can come up with a mask for women's games, I will buy several for the games and shopping. Go hawks

Thanks to all who add to wbb forum. The sport is so much fun with so little drama. Lisa her staff and the players do such a good job. I not only hope for regular season but even more fans they deserve it. Good seats, close parking, great games, I can't imagine not being part of it. Hope the staff can come up with a mask for women's games, I will buy several for the games and shopping. Go hawks
Agree— it is a fun game to watch, fast, no tv timeouts, caches are not drama queens,

Stuelke looks like she could be really, really good. She has the athleticism of a wing with the height and instincts of a 4. That's already the recipe for a match up nightmare (kind of like Warnock but with different strengths). If she keeps developing her three-point shot and post game, she also has a really high ceiling.

What’s the scoop on Taylor McCabe? Do the hawks have a shot and if so who is our main competition ? Thanks.

What’s the scoop on Taylor McCabe? Do the hawks have a shot and if so who is our main competition ? Thanks.

Iowa offered her quite some time ago as did Nebraska, but in the article below she says distance really doesn't matter. With her playing for the AIA she knows current / future Hawks in Caitlin Clark, Shateah Wetering, Hannah Stuelke, & Sydney Affolter. Hopefully that helps her find her way to Iowa City.

Here is an article on her recruiting:
https://fremonttribune.com/sports/b...cle_809364d2-d909-5ffa-af42-1c2936b9bc9e.html

Hannah is quite the athlete. I like how aggressive she is on the boards and going to the hoop not to mention her 3pt shot has really improved too. Iowa needs to keep recruiting the All Iowa Attack kids, they have some outstanding young talent coming up through their program. Iowa is already showing interest in '25 Journey Houston who plays up two years for the AIA, she is the little sister of Jinaya.

Hannah is quite the athlete. I like how aggressive she is on the boards and going to the hoop not to mention her 3pt shot has really improved too. Iowa needs to keep recruiting the All Iowa Attack kids, they have some outstanding young talent coming up through their program. Iowa is already showing interest in '25 Journey Houston who plays up two years for the AIA, she is the little sister of Jinaya.
Sigh, Jinaya Houston.

It's stunning how the girls game has improved. AAU ball has been a big part of this. Those of you involved coaching or doing video thanks so much. I enjoy the game and follow the hawks but you are helping a lot of young women get to college. Good work

So this is noteworthy. Addison O'Grady's AAU team, Colorado Premier, is playing in an AAU tournament this weekend. But they are in the boys division. And they beat a team tonight 36-35 to win the championship apparently.

It's worth mentioning that O'Grady's team (who is coached by Keith Van Horn) has the #1 player in the 2022 class, Lauren Betts, who is 6'7".

O'Grady is #22 in the picture.

Last edited:
So this is noteworthy. Addison O'Grady's AAU team, Colorado Premier, is playing in an AAU tournament this weekend. But they are in the boys division. And they beat a team tonight 36-35 to win the championship apparently.

It's worth mentioning that O'Grady's team (who is coached by Keith Van Horn) has the #1 player in the 2022 class, Lauren Betts, who is 6'7".

O'Grady is #22 in the picture.

Iowa is also recruiting Payton Sterk ('22) from Colorado Premier, she is a 5'10 guard who plays on their 16U team. She visited Iowa this past December.

Beatrice Culliton, 6'3 Post from Overland Park, KS has an Iowa offer. ESPN has her #38 in the '22 class. Other offers include LSU, Iowa St., Oklahoma, Mizzou, UMKC, Princeton, Harvard, Illinois, & Grand Canyon.

This is the first ‘film’ of A J Ediger that I’ve seen...

17th Annual Premier Showcase Pt. 1
By MHS Staff, 07/11/20, 9:15AM CDT

Allison Ediger / West Michigan Drive / 6’3 / 2021

At 6’3, Ediger is a real force to be reckoned with. The strong forward can put the ball on the ground where she is extremely difficult to keep in front of with her quick first step. Ediger showed her toughness when getting to the rim, often finishing through contact or getting to the free throw line on numerous occasions. Her height, along with her length, forces bad shot attempts, turnovers and helps her block shots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT