ADVERTISEMENT

WBB recruiting for the future

Jacko, with all due respect and you might be correct, am I correct that you heard from a guy, who heard from a guy, who heard from a guy , who heard from a guy, who heard from a guy?

A guy shared it from a premium Notre Dame message board, that is all.

Madeline Westbeld announced her commitment to Notre Dame today. She's their 4th official commitment, and was on an official visit with Clark at ND last weekend.

Westbeld's commitment adds some intrigue to the "silent 4th commitment" comment from ND's coach last weekend. People on the Notre Dame board believed Clark was the 4th commit, and that Westbeld was still deciding. Now Westbeld has announced, and Clark is still silent.

It's possible that Clark has already silently committed and is just waiting to announce, of course. Time will tell.

I actually think the info jockos passed on (that ND has stopped recruiting '20 point guards) was valuable. Even though it came from a message board, it was different than hawkbuck's information (that someone who knows the situation says Clark already committed). Combine that with the "4th silent commitment" comment from ND's coach, and we have three unsubstantiated pieces of information from different angles that all support the same conclusion: that Clark committed to ND.

I've tried to take an optimist's view in all of this, but I think what we know points to a strong likelihood that Clark is going to ND. That's not certain until she announces, but it seems to be where things are pointing as of now.

In the face of all the rumors, my belief is that we have a 50/50% chance with Clark.... either she will or she will not!
Love that optimism... but do those same odds apply to the next powerball drawing then? (Either you will win it or you won't! ) :)

Last edited:
Team USA tryout huge success for Affolter heading into junior year
  • by Tim O’Brien
  • Jun 25, 2019
1 of 3

Marist junior Sydney Affolter competed on May 23-27 at the 2019 USA U16 Women’s National Team trials in Colorado Springs at the U.S. Olympic Training Center. (photo courtesy of the Affolter Family)

Sydney Affolter

Sydney Affolter averaged 17 points, 6.9 rebounds, 2.5 steals, 1.2 assists and a block during her sophomore season at Marist. She currently has double-digit Division-I offers to play in college. (Review file photo)
  • BEVERLY REVIEW

Last edited:
I posted earlier that Clark HAS committed to Notre Dame and even has told both staffs in Ames and at Iowa of her decision. Why it hasn't become public is still puzzling to me too. But, the person who relayed this to me is very much in the know when it comes to Clark. I, too, am wondering what the holdup is in announcing it.......
I hear it’s HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: just_somebody
Wasn’t the mystery 4th ND commit already announced a couple weeks ago?

So there seem to be 4 options with that with no clear answer

1) The silent 4th commit was Maddy Westbeld, who committed to ND within a week or two of that comment. The problem with that is Westbeld seemed to be still choosing her school after her official visit.

2) The silent 4th commit is Clark. The problem with that is Clark still hasn't announced. She also doesn't have a pending announcement event anyone knows about. If she had silently committed before her official visit to ND, why not announce at that visit or sometime since?

3) The silent 4th commit is actually a player ranked below Clark or someone else on ND's board. if Clark or that someone else goes elsewhere, the "4th commit" will then commit, If Clark or that someone go to ND, the "4th commit" is out of luck. I don't know why you'd call a player a 4th commit in that scenario.

4) The coach misspoke. People on ND boards dismiss this, but I'm not really sure why. It was an offhand comment at an open practice that hasn't been repeated since. Fans put a lot more emphasis on those comments than coaches do.

We shouldn't have to wait much longer unless she caries her recruitment out till next spring,

Last edited:
I don't doubt you Hawkbuck70. With that being said, someone within her inner circle is leaking information and you are perpetuating it. Not sure your motivation for sharing this information.

It would seem if you are a member of the inner circle of her inner circle, then you would show better discretion on letting it be her news to share rather than yours.

Reactions: JAMAM and cyberhawk
I don't doubt you Hawkbuck70. With that being said, someone within her inner circle is leaking information and you are perpetuating it. Not sure your motivation for sharing this information.

It would seem if you are a member of the inner circle of her inner circle, then you would show better discretion on letting it be her news to share rather than yours.
I was thinking almost the same thing. Perpetuating hearsay is questionable. Why upstage the official announcement unless it is to establish credibility as an insider. If one is a so called insider, isn’t it a violation of confidentiality to disclose it publicly? That might explain why the disclosure does not provide any details. Also, is the new source the same as the previous source who was described as someone “very much in the know when it comes to Clark” (that unequivocally claimed ND), or someone else that is even “more in the know”. Regardless, it’s hard to know what to believe. ‘In any event’, we are likely to get the official announcement very soon.

Last edited:
I don't doubt you Hawkbuck70. With that being said, someone within her inner circle is leaking information and you are perpetuating it. Not sure your motivation for sharing this informat
I was thinking almost the same thing. Perpetuating hearsay is questionable. Why upstage the official announcement unless it is to establish credibility as an insider. If one is a so called insider, isn’t it a violation of confidentiality to disclose it publicly? That might explain why the disclosure does not provide any details. Also, is the new source the same as the previous source who was described as someone “very much in the know when it comes to Clark” (that unequivocally claimed ND), or someone else that is even “more in the know”. Regardless, it’s hard to know what to believe. ‘In any event’, we are likely to get the official announcement very soon.
I am not in any inner circle. I am just excited to be getting Clark in the fold and was hoping to excite the rest of those on the board. I could give two shits about being an insider. Some of you with your high moral ground about leaking information or betraying another’s trust. Clark is choosing Iowa and announcing it tomorrow........or so I’m told. When it happens, great!!! Great get for Lisa, Jan and staff! If I’m an insider, so be it, I will give you an address and you can send me $$$$ for this info. That’s a joke......Welcome to Iowa Miss Clark. Will love following you during your time at Iowa.

I am not in any inner circle. I am just excited to be getting Clark in the fold and was hoping to excite the rest of those on the board. I could give two shits about being an insider. Some of you with your high moral ground about leaking information or betraying another’s trust. Clark is choosing Iowa and announcing it tomorrow........or so I’m told. When it happens, great!!! Great get for Lisa, Jan and staff! If I’m an insider, so be it, I will give you an address and you can send me $$$$ for this info. That’s a joke......Welcome to Iowa Miss Clark. Will love following you during your time at Iowa.
I sure hope you are right. For both your sake and Iowa's.

All I know is if Bluder were to land Clark and Fran land Xavier, what a great sight that would be to keep such great talent in state.
Quoting Terminator: "I calculate an 83% probability that both Caitlin Clark and Xavier Foster commit to Iowa".:)

And I calculate a positive correlation between their commitments, including the timing.

Reactions: JAMAM
Now that Foster went ISU, what about Clark?
Terminator says, "since the probability of both committing to Iowa is 83%, the probability of Caitlin Clark committing to Iowa, disregarding the status of Xavier Foster, is even higher".

Anyway, I'm only joking, but hoping for the best.

Reactions: JAMAM

What time is she announcing?

Reactions: HIWILLE
You're confused and today is over. #badinfo

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT