ADVERTISEMENT

WBB recruiting for the future

Guess what?......for my sake, I was right. Was scared there for a minute...or maybe a second.........or not at all. I avoided the wrath of "Walleye Hunter 16".................whew.
See exactly why I phrased it as I did.
You know the knuckheads are out there and will begin to throw the crap around so you assumed it would come from me.
I have plenty other things to do than bash people legitimately trying to offer good information.
I thank you for your efforts they are much appreciated. And I felt that way be CC committed.

I told you long ago, she was going to Iowa. She had told bluder 3 weeks ago she was going to Notre Dame, but McGraw said no thanks. I have read some of these comments and can’t help but laugh. This will kill Iowa’s chances of recruiting anyone who knows Caitlin. If she stays healthy she will become the all time leading scorer at Iowa. Just remember I was right.
Wrong again..........dead wrong.
See exactly why I phrased it as I did.
You know the knuckheads are out there and will begin to throw the crap around so you assumed it would come from me.
I have plenty other things to do than bash people legitimately trying to offer good information.
I thank you for your efforts they are much appreciated. And I felt that way be CC committed.
I hear you. I got it. I was just having a little fun knowing a few would attack me if she didn't announce it in their time frame. I am not an insider, I just was informed on this particular story and was excited for the program and those of us on here who want to see the program do well.

I have read some of these comments and can’t help but laugh. This will kill Iowa’s chances of recruiting anyone who knows Caitlin.
Seems like several players are happy to play with her based on their Twitter comments. I think good players like to win and play with good players. I think the program will be fine.

Reactions: cyberhawk
I see Caitlin Clark is now listed at 6'. I'll wait for her Magic Johnson impersonations on the court now. I thought only UConn or Notre Dame were allowed to have 6-ft point guards...

Reactions: crstuff
By Jeff Linder

For Caitlin Clark, bond with Iowa's staff, players was the difference

She becomes the cornerstone of a recruiting class ranked 15th in the nation

“I wanted to stay close and do something special,” said Clark, the highly sought-after point guard from West Des Moines Dowling. “I want to play right away, and I know I’ll have to work my butt off to do it. I have big dreams for myself.”

Very impressive tape.

Of the 4 main WBB recruiting sites, 1 has her ranked in the top 100 (as 100) (ASGR), and another has her at 106 (Blue Star). HoopGurlz and Prospects Nation see it differently. I don’t know which of these sites has been more accurate over time, but it won’t shock me if ASGR and Blue Star turn out to be right about LJ. Also, if the evaluations among the 4 sites were flipped, there would be more advance pub for LJ because the ESPN affiliation gives HoopGurlz more pub.

Of the 4 main WBB recruiting sites, 1 has her ranked in the top 100 (as 100) (ASGR), and another has her at 106 (Blue Star). HoopGurlz and Prospects Nation see it differently. I don’t know which of these sites has been more accurate over time, but it won’t shock me if ASGR and Blue Star turn out to be right about LJ. Also, if the evaluations among the 4 sites were flipped, there would be more advance pub for LJ because the ESPN affiliation gives HoopGurlz more pub.

Several of those sites have their own AAU events & if a players team is part of their events their evaluations often reflect that. I am guessing that is why certain sites simply don't list certain players on most other lists. I pay most attention to ESPN HoopGurlz & at times PN. I recall ESPN ranked Tania Davis around #35 while most other sites she wasn't in the top 100... Women's basketball just doesn't get the same recruiting attention as the men do.

Several of those sites have their own AAU events & if a players team is part of their events their evaluations often reflect that. I am guessing that is why certain sites simply don't list certain players on most other lists. I pay most attention to ESPN HoopGurlz & at times PN. I recall ESPN ranked Tania Davis around #35 while most other sites she wasn't in the top 100... Women's basketball just doesn't get the same recruiting attention as the men do.

So who was closer to right, though perhaps hard to know with her injuries?

So who was closer to right, though perhaps hard to know with her injuries?

In Tania's case, I'd say HoopGurlz was closer to being correct & considering her injuries. Blue Star had Kathleen Doyle ranked #20 while all the others I believe had her top #120 with ESPN at #92. No real way of knowing outside of the top 15-20 which usually are all pretty close on all the sites.

Is 2020 done? If not, who are the potential 5th players.

Update on recruits who we have and potential players for 2021?

Is 2020 done? If not, who are the potential 5th players.

Update on recruits who we have and potential players for 2021?
I think the plan is that they're done in 2020. There's always the chance some coach moves on or is fired after the season and a commitment looks elsewhere (like Doyle with Nebraska). I could see Iowa looking for another big since they don't have much depth there and Ollinger is done after this year.

As far as 2021, @cyberhawk and @jockos had a good list on page 7. Allison Ediger (#51 on ESPN, #48 on Prospects Nation) is already committed to Iowa.

Sophie Hart from Minnesota (#43 on ESPN, #39 on Prospects Nation) and Sydney Affolter (#45 on Prospects Nation) from Illinois seem like higher end prospects with mutual interest. There was an article in the Star Tribune last week about how Hart is a high priority for Minnesota so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. Affolter will be playing for All Iowa Attack this year. Grace Hall (#42 on Prospects Nation) just visited a few weeks ago. Greta Kampschroeder is ESPN's #12 ranked 2021 prospect from Naperville. She used to play on All Iowa Attack but I think she ultimately ends up at a more traditional power. Lastly, Jenna Johnson, the #2 or #3 prospect from Minnesota behind Hart, has visited Iowa a number of times.

I think the plan is that they're done in 2020. There's always the chance some coach moves on or is fired after the season and a commitment looks elsewhere (like Doyle with Nebraska). I could see Iowa looking for another big since they don't have much depth there and Ollinger is done after this year.

As far as 2021, @cyberhawk and @jockos had a good list on page 7. Allison Ediger (#51 on ESPN, #48 on Prospects Nation) is already committed to Iowa.

Sophie Hart from Minnesota (#43 on ESPN, #39 on Prospects Nation) and Sydney Affolter (#45 on Prospects Nation) from Illinois seem like higher end prospects with mutual interest. There was an article in the Star Tribune last week about how Hart is a high priority for Minnesota so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. Affolter will be playing for All Iowa Attack this year. Grace Hall (#42 on Prospects Nation) just visited a few weeks ago. Greta Kampschroeder is ESPN's #12 ranked 2021 prospect from Naperville. She used to play on All Iowa Attack but I think she ultimately ends up at a more traditional power. Lastly, Jenna Johnson, the #2 or #3 prospect from Minnesota behind Hart, has visited Iowa a number of times.
Hannah Steulke has committed, she may be 2022 though not sure.

Grand Rapids girls basketball:
Top 10 teams, players to watch in 2019-2020
By Steve Kaminski | Skaminsk@mlive.com

Updated Dec 03, 2019;Posted Dec 03, 2019
FQZVVKZP5BCRHKSTQOV3DVEUU4.JPG
Hamilton sophomore AJ Ediger (34) celebrates a three point play during the state semifinal game against Freeland at Calvin College in Grand Rapids on Friday, March 22, 2019.

4. Hamilton – The Hawkeyes have a new coach and some new faces from last year’s state semifinalist team. But Iowa commit A.J. Edinger [sp] is back, so don’t count out the Hawkeyes.

Last edited:
Ediger powers Hamilton into regionals
By Dan D'Addona
Posted Nov 12, 2019 at 3:17 PM

AR-191119734.jpg

Hamilton's AJ Ediger (left) has been a powerful force at the net for the Hawkeyes. [Dan D'Addona/Sentinel staff]

HAMILTON — The bigger the moment, the bigger the play from AJ Ediger. That is the way things have always been for this Hamilton elite athlete.
Growing up the youngest of four athletic sisters, she was constantly pushed to keep up. Now, she is the tallest and most powerful in the family and dominates on the volleyball and basketball courts.
Ediger powered the Hamilton volleyball team to its third consecutive district title with a five-set comeback win over Holland Christian in the finals.
"AJ is an elite athlete. It takes a lot out of you to do that. When a moment is big, she finds that other gear," Hamilton coach James Mikolajczyk said. "She is always playing at a high level for us, but she finds that stratosphere."
"They are probably my favorite moments," she said. "This was really nerve-wracking but we all thrive for the biggest moments and show up for the biggest moments."

Ediger powers Hamilton into regionals
By Dan D'Addona
Posted Nov 12, 2019 at 3:17 PM

AR-191119734.jpg

Hamilton's AJ Ediger (left) has been a powerful force at the net for the Hawkeyes. [Dan D'Addona/Sentinel staff]

HAMILTON — The bigger the moment, the bigger the play from AJ Ediger. That is the way things have always been for this Hamilton elite athlete.
Growing up the youngest of four athletic sisters, she was constantly pushed to keep up. Now, she is the tallest and most powerful in the family and dominates on the volleyball and basketball courts.
Ediger powered the Hamilton volleyball team to its third consecutive district title with a five-set comeback win over Holland Christian in the finals.
"AJ is an elite athlete. It takes a lot out of you to do that. When a moment is big, she finds that other gear," Hamilton coach James Mikolajczyk said. "She is always playing at a high level for us, but she finds that stratosphere."
"They are probably my favorite moments," she said. "This was really nerve-wracking but we all thrive for the biggest moments and show up for the biggest moments."
Can she play volleyball for the Hawkeyes? Oh, she already does.:)

That's a huge record for Jensen to break with so much of her senior season still to go. Banham was really good for Minnesota and still plays in the WNBA.

The outlook for Iowa's future is really bright right now. Czinano, Marshall, and Warnock are all playing at a really high level. Clark is one of the best players in her class at the sport's most important position. Jensen and Goodman look like good additions in 2020 that are underrated by recruiting services. And Ediger is a great start to the 2021 class.

Someone made the comment the women's game is so much fun and maddening to watch. Lol it's true. Lisa's teams are always good to really good and a blast to watch. With outlook bright for more of it.

Kampschroeder would be a huge get. She was Clark's teammate on All Iowa Attack, so hopefully they can join forces again. This is how landing Clark can help Iowa take a jump as a program. I doubt Kampschroeder puts Iowa in her final 3 without Clark in the fold.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT