ADVERTISEMENT

WBB recruiting for the future

Kampschroeder would be a huge get. She was Clark's teammate on All Iowa Attack, so hopefully they can join forces again. This is how landing Clark can help Iowa take a jump as a program. I doubt Kampschroeder puts Iowa in her final 3 without Clark in the fold.

Gretta played 2 years ago with Clark and didn't return. She played with Midwest Elite last summer. I'm not that high on her. I've seen her several times playing Nike AAU against the best players in the country. She creates her own shot, but can't get the ball into the basket. I'm not that high on her.

Last edited:
Gretta played 2 years ago with Clark and didn't return. She played with Midwest Elite last summer. I'm not that high on her. I've seen her several times playing Nike AAU against the best players in the country. She creates her own shot, but can't get the ball into the basket. I'm not that high on her.
She looks great to me. I just watched her take 14 shots in that video and she was 14 for 14 and 5 assists. :D

Reactions: LinusPF and jockos
She looks great to me. I just watched her take 14 shots in that video and she was 14 for 14 and 5 assists. :D
I’m pretty sure she would’ve just finished her freshman year at the time of that video too. I haven’t seen her play a lot but she’s been really efficient in the times I have.

Reactions: HIWILLE
I think the plan is that they're done in 2020. There's always the chance some coach moves on or is fired after the season and a commitment looks elsewhere (like Doyle with Nebraska). I could see Iowa looking for another big since they don't have much depth there and Ollinger is done after this year.

As far as 2021, @cyberhawk and @jockos had a good list on page 7. Allison Ediger (#51 on ESPN, #48 on Prospects Nation) is already committed to Iowa.

Sophie Hart from Minnesota (#43 on ESPN, #39 on Prospects Nation) and Sydney Affolter (#45 on Prospects Nation) from Illinois seem like higher end prospects with mutual interest. There was an article in the Star Tribune last week about how Hart is a high priority for Minnesota so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. Affolter will be playing for All Iowa Attack this year. Grace Hall (#42 on Prospects Nation) just visited a few weeks ago. Greta Kampschroeder is ESPN's #12 ranked 2021 prospect from Naperville. She used to play on All Iowa Attack but I think she ultimately ends up at a more traditional power. Lastly, Jenna Johnson, the #2 or #3 prospect from Minnesota behind Hart, has visited Iowa a number of times.

The last few years my interest in woman's basketball and following recruiting has picked up immensely. I love watching them on TV and going to Carver with my two Middle School daughters and bringing some of there girlfriends. We are there right now for great talent and with the ARRIVING talent on its way, but man if CB can just land a couple of more of those Blue chip front liners/Centers that's rumored with interest out there it is going to be unreal for the lady Hawks future and fans interest will pick up even more. Happy for coach Lisa Bluder. Go lady Hawks!

The last few years my interest in woman's basketball and following recruiting has picked up immensely. I love watching them on TV and going to Carver with my two Middle School daughters and bringing some of there girlfriends. We are there right now for great talent and with the ARRIVING talent on its way, but man if CB can just land a couple of more of those Blue chip front liners/Centers that's rumored with interest out there it is going to be unreal for the lady Hawks future and fans interest will pick up even more. Happy for coach Lisa Bluder. Go lady Hawks!

Yes Bluder is setting up the program very nicely for a homestretch of her career. They've always done a great job of building a culture/program, if she's able to raise the talent level just a bit can position for more seasons like 2018-19.

Go Hawkeye Women.

The women’s staff was in Minneapolis tonight to see Jenna Johnson , Senior PF and Mara Braun, Soph guard from Wayzata vs Park Center and their outstanding sophomore guard Adalia Mackenzie from Park Center. All 3 have offers from Iowa.

The women’s staff was in Minneapolis tonight to see Jenna Johnson , Senior PF and Mara Braun, Soph guard from Wayzata vs Park Center and their outstanding sophomore guard Adalia Mackenzie from Park Center. All 3 have offers from Iowa.
McKenzie was great. She was averaging 31 ppg heading into the game and scored 26 tonight. I'm pretty sure Johnson and McKenzie are both juniors (2021 class), though.

My "spy "in Mpls said Minn. has few instate players right now. New coach's direction?

Any elite post player should look forward to being coached by Jan Jensen. She did a remarkable job with Megan Gustafson and now look what Czinano is doing as a sophomore. You could add Beth Doolittle as well.

You need to also add previous centers Jamie Cavey, Krista Vande Venter, Megan Skouby and Morgan Johnson in a long line of player development success stories under Coach Jan Jensen over the years. She has done an amazing job.

McKenzie was great. She was averaging 31 ppg heading into the game and scored 26 tonight. I'm pretty sure Johnson and McKenzie are both juniors (2021 class), though.

If you're looking for the archive of this game, it's the Wayzata/Park Center game at the following link: http://prepspotlight.tv/MSHSL/sport/GirlsBasketball

Johnson is #22 and Braun is #10 for Wayzata. McKenzie is #25 for Park Center.

Sorry if I missed bit how highly regarded will Hannah S be? Is she a top 50 kind of talent ?
ESPN has her (Annika Stewart) as an 88 grade, top 150 and Max Preps has her as 68th best prospect. In truth between 35 and 150 is all pretty similar and grades are largely in the eye of the beholder. I suspect Annika will have a successful college career at nearly any college she chooses.

ESPN has her (Annika Stewart) as an 88 grade, top 150 and Max Preps has her as 68th best prospect. In truth between 35 and 150 is all pretty similar and grades are largely in the eye of the beholder. I suspect Annika will have a successful college career at nearly any college she chooses.

I think the other poster meant Hannah Stuelke, highly ranked sophomore from CR Washington who committed to Iowa last year as a freshman.

Annika Stewart would be the younger sister of recently graduated Hawkeye Hannah Stewart. However, she just signed with Nebraska. I found her quote below very odd.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Stewart chose Nebraska over Minnesota and Iowa because of the overall environment of the program. "I really like the coaching staff and the family atmosphere," Stewart said. "I believe it is a special place with great support to thrive as a student-athlete. I'm excited to be a Husker!"

I think the other poster meant Hannah Stuelke, highly ranked sophomore from CR Washington who committed to Iowa last year as a freshman.

Annika Stewart would be the younger sister of recently graduated Hawkeye Hannah Stewart. However, she just signed with Nebraska. I found her quote below very odd.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Stewart chose Nebraska over Minnesota and Iowa because of the overall environment of the program. "I really like the coaching staff and the family atmosphere," Stewart said. "I believe it is a special place with great support to thrive as a student-athlete. I'm excited to be a Husker!"
that's a very common comment from recruits to whatever school they commit too almost if not a cliche.

Prep girls hoops has her is the number one recruit in the state of Iowa for the class of 2022. 2nd team all-state last year as the only freshman and only all-state player not playing In the state tournament. Seems like top 50?
https://www.prepgirlshoops.com/iowa/

Last edited:
Hopefully Stuelke doesn't get docked for playing in Iowa and committing so early. Sometimes on the men's side or in football it seems like recruits get forgotten about in the Midwest when they commit so early in their HS careers. Not that recruiting rankings matter all that much, but it's still nice for players to get proper recognition.

Reactions: crstuff
Hopefully Stuelke doesn't get docked for playing in Iowa and committing so early. Sometimes on the men's side or in football it seems like recruits get forgotten about in the Midwest when they commit so early in their HS careers. Not that recruiting rankings matter all that much, but it's still nice for players to get proper recognition.
That's most likely the case. Happened to Weiscamp. Dropped 1 star the week after he committed. Really have the same question about Wetering and Goodman.

Hawkshawn, you have a good source. You posted info on Johnson before her relatives even knew it. She had her choices narrowed down to Utah and Iowa. Utah currently 7-5 and 11 th in PAC-12. ( early playing time)

Last edited:
Hawkshawn, you have a good source. You posted info on Johnson before her relatives even knew it. She had her choices narrowed down to Utah and Iowa. Utah currently 7-5 and 11 th in PAC-12. ( early playing time)
Chuck Thompson from FiveStateHoops retweeted her announcement on Twitter, which is how I happened to see it.

It’s probably not going to get much better for Utah either, as the PAC12 is loaded.

I wonder if having Ediger and Stuelke committed already played into it, assuming they would’ve played the same position. Although maybe Iowa would’ve tried Johnson more as a wing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT