ADVERTISEMENT

WBB recruiting for the future

I've only watched Hart once also, and I came away thinking she is a ( big stiff ). That being said I would take here in a heart beat. She would take up space down low and make opposing players altar their shots and keep them from getting offensive rebounds. And we know how Jan can work wonders on post players. Last year when Iowa played Baylor I thought Cox was their best player. Than I watched them one game this year and thought she must have put on weight cause she just looked like a big stiff to me.

FWIW Hart has Iowa City connections- her uncle?? is Dan Sabers

Reactions: mphawk
Katie Borowicz ('21 guard) out of Minnesota committed to the Gophers. They have 2 more scholarships to give in 2021 with them focusing on Sophie Hart & Adalia McKenzie for those rides, it appears to be them vs. Iowa for those two now.

Last edited:
Wednesday is the quarterfinal round of the Minnesota Girls Basketball Tournament and each AAAA game features a potential Iowa recruit so I would expect some Iowa coaches to be up there.

Hopkins and 2022 C Maya Nnaji play at 10AM(CT). Park Center and 2021 G Adalia McKenzie play at 12PM(CT). Farmington and 2021 C Sophie Hart play at 2PM(CT). Lakeville North and 2020 Iowa signee Lauren Jensen plays at 4PM(CT).

If you’re interested in checking them out, all these games are going to be streamed at http://prepspotlight.tv/MSHSL/GameStream.

Star Tribune (Minneapolis) All Metro first, second, & third team. Iowa commit Lauren Jensen on the first team with Iowa target Adalia McKenzie. Sophie Hart on the second team along with several other Iowa targets. Interesting that Kendall Coley no where to be found on the lists.

https://www.mngirlsbasketballhub.com/news_article/show/1093876
LJENSEN11_large.JPG

Lauren Jensen
School: Lakeville North
Position: Guard
Height: 5-10
Year: Senior
College Committed: Iowa

An energetic guard with a nonstop motor and a scorer’s mentality. Terrific shooter off the bounce with range well beyond the three-point line. Improved her ability to penetrate and get to the rim this season, as evidenced by her career-high 24.4 point per game average. Hopkins coach Brian Cosgriff called her “the best shooter in the state.”

Wednesday is the quarterfinal round of the Minnesota Girls Basketball Tournament and each AAAA game features a potential Iowa recruit so I would expect some Iowa coaches to be up there.

Hopkins and 2022 C Maya Nnaji play at 10AM(CT). Park Center and 2021 G Adalia McKenzie play at 12PM(CT). Farmington and 2021 C Sophie Hart play at 2PM(CT). Lakeville North and 2020 Iowa signee Lauren Jensen plays at 4PM(CT).

If you’re interested in checking them out, all these games are going to be streamed at http://prepspotlight.tv/MSHSL/GameStream.
Thanks, I enjoyed watching the games.

Hart averages 18 points a game was held to a season low 6 points but had 16 boards as her team advances in a 58-54 win.

Reactions: hawkshawn
No stream showing for both of those games. Maybe they canceled them. Anyone know what happpen?

KImball currently has offers from Michigan St., Michigan, Iowa, Northwestern, Loyola Chicago, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Detroit Mercy, Oakland, Portland, Miami of Ohio, & Colgate. She's visited MSU, Michigan, & NW (top offers) already.

Addison O'Grady is a new name to put on the radar. She's a 6'3" post from Centennial, CO and is ranked as the #37 overall prospect in the 2021 class (Ediger and Affolter's class) by ESPN. She's not ranked in Prospect Nation's top 75. She plays on the same high school (Grandview) and AAU (Colorado Premier) teams as the #1 overall player in the class of 2022, Lauren Betts, who is 6'7".

Is Iowa’s interest in O’Grady new? Does this tell us anything about where Hart is leaning?
I think Iowa has been recruiting her for a while now so I'm not sure if Hart's recruitment has impacted it at all. O'Grady made the cut of 42 for the USA u16 team last summer so she's been fairly high profile.

Reactions: HIWILLE
Here are the season highlights for Taylor McCabe, a class of 2022 guard from Fremont, NE. McCabe has been offered by Iowa and is scheduled to play on All Iowa Attack this summer with Sydney Affolter and Hannah Stuelke, if any of the AAU season ends up happening.

While we’re at it, here are the season highlights for Kamorea “KK” Arnold, a 2023 guard from Germantown, WI, who Iowa has offered. Arnold is likely going to be a top 10 player in her class.

Here are the season highlights for Taylor McCabe, a class of 2022 guard from Fremont, NE. McCabe has been offered by Iowa and is scheduled to play on All Iowa Attack this summer with Sydney Affolter and Hannah Stuelke, if any of the AAU season ends up happening.

Wow! McCabe and Clark playing together would be incredible! Hopefully this can happen.

I like the pipeline Iowa is building with the All Iowa Attack program. There has to be a benefit in multiple players on your team having played together in AAU. Especially if those players get playing time together early in their college careers.

It has to help. Don't know the rules at the time for contact, but you know Lisa and her staff will be at a lot of games watching and evaluating . If contact is allowed will show in person how comfortable Hannah and Sydney are with Iowa and staff.

I put this in the other WBB thread, but 6'3 post Kayla Mershon is transferring from Nebraska back home to Minnesota. As it stands, I think they have one scholarship for '21 remaining so I wonder what this means for Sophie Hart to Iowa?

Reactions: HIWILLE

She don’t hesitate that’s for sure. Sets her feet and lets it fly and very quickly I might add.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
ADVERTISEMENT