ADVERTISEMENT

WBB recruiting for the future

Yes, that is Taylor’s sister. Really nice player as well. She can really shoot it. May need to get a bit taller to be a high major player. Only a freshman.

Ndjakalenga is an absolute athletic freak. Last I heard she was getting a lot of attention from the likes of Baylor, Louisville, etc. Guessing she doesn’t end up at Iowa.

Yes, that is Taylor’s sister. Really nice player as well. She can really shoot it. May need to get a bit taller to be a high major player. Only a freshman.

Ndjakalenga is an absolute athletic freak. Last I heard she was getting a lot of attention from the likes of Baylor, Louisville, etc. Guessing she doesn’t end up at Iowa.
Here is video of Ndjakalenga, the guy says she has 15-20 offers. I think Nebraska has offered. The other ones involved I know of are Iowa State, Vanderbilt, & Clemson. I haven't seen anything showing Iowa has interest yet. Edit - add Kansas, Stanford to the list of schools showing interest.

Last edited:
Never heard even a decent word about him, and I know folks who know him very closely. Reports are the kids are very nice and personably.....thank God for mothers, I guess.
I've heard that about the kids too and felt sorry for Ashley when she was asked about not being recruited by Iowa before playing them two years ago in Iowa City. She looked uncomfortable when asked but answered it was her dream school but had no idea why she wasn't recruited. Brian repeats this in the article below...

https://www.amestrib.com/sports/201...inging-recruitment-and-future-of-ashley-joens

Never heard even a decent word about him, and I know folks who know him very closely. Reports are the kids are very nice and personably.....thank God for mothers, I guess.
Kind of funny story, I was talking to some middle schools girls after they had gone to the girls state b-ball tournament in DM. They watched a bunch of games and knew about some of the top girls playing, including the Joens girl. I can't remember what all they said, but apparently the dad made a fool of himself yelling things during the game. They had no idea who he was before the game, but I'm guessing if they found out, then most everyone in the arena knew or found out too.

Those girls are great kids. Hard working, dedicated and the definition of gym rats. Both parents have influenced their development as basketball players.
Their dad is a jerk. I was a fan of Joensy's until the inspection issue, then we went back after they supposedly "cleaned up". I peeked in the kitchen and was shocked/grossed out. Never went back again.

Their dad is a jerk. I was a fan of Joensy's until the inspection issue, then we went back after they supposedly "cleaned up". I peeked in the kitchen and was shocked/grossed out. Never went back again.
....................so that means my statement is somehow wrong, incorrect? I was talking about the parents and their role in the development of their kids as basketball players and you counter with dirty kitchen comment. Not sure I see the correlation.

'24 Callie Levin (Solon, IA) highlights from this weekend. If Iowa hasn't offered yet it will probably only be a matter of time. Good shooter with range, finishes through contact going to the basket, looks like she plays some defense too.

'24 Callie Levin (Solon, IA) highlights from this weekend. If Iowa hasn't offered yet it will probably only be a matter of time. Good shooter with range, finishes through contact going to the basket, looks like she plays some defense too.

jockus don't know if u r a coach, camera guy or the van driver your doing good work for these young women and for us fans thanks

....................so that means my statement is somehow wrong, incorrect? I was talking about the parents and their role in the development of their kids as basketball players and you counter with dirty kitchen comment. Not sure I see the correlation.
I was just commenting in general about the dad. And it's more than a dirty kitchen.

ASGR has released their Top 75 for 2022. Iowa commits Hannah Stuelke at #45 & Jada Gyamfi at #64, Taylor McCabe isn't on this list. A few others on this list Iowa still appears to be recruiting & has offers to include:

Ndjakalenga Mwenetanda (#25 All Iowa Attack / 6'2 F South Dakota)
Beatrice Culliton (#57 Missouri Phenoms / 6'3 P Overland Park, KS)
Mara Braun (#58 North Tartan / 5'11 PG Wayzata, MN) - haven't seen much on her & Iowa lately.

https://asgrbasketball.com/2022-top-75-players/?v=f24485ae434a

Last edited:
ASGR has also updated its 2021 rankings. The Hawk ‘21 recruits are currently ranked as follows by the big 4 recruiting services.

Addison O’Grady - BS 33; ASGR 50; PN 147; ESPN 92
Sydney Affolter - BS 89; ASGR 68; PN 48; ESPN - not ranked
AJ Ediger - BS 75; ASGR 95; PN 50; ESPN 39

Objectively the recruiting uptick under Bluder has been extraordinary. How often does Iowa have a single top-100 overall recruit in a class? Now potentially 5 or more in the next two classes, just remarkable. Credit Bluder for maintaining a competent program every year and churning out unheralded recruits into successful Big Ten players. Obviously Megan took them over the top to the Elite 8 and her story is what is the biggest factor in recruiting (Doyle helps that continue too). But without Iowa being a 'good' program before Megan came, Iowa never has that 'great' year with Megan. The high floor that Bluder has always had with this program is finally paying off with a realistic potential to be one of the best programs in the country for this foreseeable window.

Objectively the recruiting uptick under Bluder has been extraordinary. How often does Iowa have a single top-100 overall recruit in a class? Now potentially 5 or more in the next two classes, just remarkable. Credit Bluder for maintaining a competent program every year and churning out unheralded recruits into successful Big Ten players. Obviously Megan took them over the top to the Elite 8 and her story is what is the biggest factor in recruiting (Doyle helps that continue too). But without Iowa being a 'good' program before Megan came, Iowa never has that 'great' year with Megan. The high floor that Bluder has always had with this program is finally paying off with a realistic potential to be one of the best programs in the country for this foreseeable window.
well said

The key now is to keep the recruiting at this level every year which is easier with sustained success. In the past Bluder would sign a good class but follow it up with a year or two of not so great classes. Having Megan Gustafson's class being followed by the Kathleen Doyle class the next season eventually lead to an Elite 8, let's hope for more of the same out the 20,21, & 22 classes.

I am also riding the optimism train with Lisa B, but my optimism is tempered by the Big Ten's relative mediocrity in WBB. Compared to the PAC 12, Big 12, ACC and SEC, the Big Ten gets relatively little of the top end talent. That's one reason I am so excited to see Caitlin Clark. Over the last 4 classes (2017-20), she is one of just 7 McDonald's All Americans to commit to a Big Ten school. In contrast, the PAC 12 and ACC had 24, the SEC had 19, and the Big 12 had 15. In the '21 class, ASGR has 0 Big Ten commits in the top 25, ESPN has 2, PN has 1, and Blue Star has 1. Without top end talent, it's really hard to make a Final Four, something no Big Ten team has done in the last 10 years, except Maryland in its first year in the Big Ten.

Iowa has received the NLI’s of AJ (Allison) Ediger and Addison O’Grady!

Maybe now we can see the details (comments by Jan that were originally published then subsequently deleted) of the newcomer article that was prematurely posted last month by the Daily Iowan.

Last edited:
Reactions: crstuff and Tunadog
Dan Olson, who for years did the ESPN Hoopgurlz has released his top '21 classes. Iowa at #15, tops in the BIG.

I think ESPNw had Iowa’s ‘21 class ranked 20th in the nation, so this just adds more credence to the high level of talent in Iowa’s next class. I personally believe it is a fair assessment and am anxious to see how the ‘22 class will be rated.

ADVERTISEMENT