ADVERTISEMENT

WBB recruiting rankings

Chuck C

HR Legend
Mar 6, 2011
Was debating on X with UConn fans about the quality of recruits between the two schools. Looked up the info and decided to share. These are ESPN’s rankings, they don’t list below a 3 star and down to a ranking of a 100.

Name-Stars-Overall rank

Iowa’s Starters

Clark-5–4
Stuelke-4-45
Affolter-4-48
Martin-3-NA
Marshall-3-NA

Iowa Bench

Ediger-4-39
Feurbach-4-71
Gyamfi-4-76
Jones-4-84
McCabe-4-89
O’Grady-4-92
Goodman-3-NA
Davis-2-NA
Etienne-2-NA

UConn Starters

Beuckers-5-1
Arnold-5-6
Shade-5-15
Edwards-5-23
Muhl-3-NA

UConn Bench

Fudd-5-1
Patterson-5-4
Brady-5-5
Ducharme-5-5
DeBerry-5-15
Griffin-5-21
Samuels-4-41
El Alfy-NA-NA
Bettencourt-NA-NA

Iowa with one 5 star, UConn with ten 5 stars and 2 overall number 1’s.

Nothing warms my heart more than watching a bunch of 5 stars get beat by lower ranked players. That also makes what Iowa is doing so beautiful.

A player who goes to UConn is born on third base and practically has one foot in the door to be a national champion. But good for Muhl, she's a three star that isn't in the top 100 but she's on the starting line up.

Nothing warms my heart more than watching a bunch of 5 stars get beat by lower ranked players. That also makes what Iowa is doing so beautiful.

A player who goes to UConn is born on third base and practically has one foot in the door to be a national champion. But good for Muhl, she's a three star that isn't in the top 100 but she's on the starting line up.
The 5 star rank is based on how they played in HS. They aren't in HS anymore!

She's a 5 star in the looks department. Played a very fine game too.

Here is South Carolina's roster coming out of High School:

South Carolina Starters

Raven Johnson 5-2
Kamilla Cardoso 5-5
Te-Hina Paopao 5-11
Bree Hall 5-14
Chloe Kitts 5-17

South Carolina Bench

Sania Feagin 5-2
Ashlyn Watkins 5-12
Milaysia Fulwiley 5-13
Tessa Johnson 4-25
Adhel Tac 5-26
Sahnya Jah 4-40
Sakima Walker 4-63

Iowa with one 5 star and 1 in top 30 ... South Carolina with nine 5 stars, top 8 are all 5 stars and 10 of their players are top 30 with 2 overall number 2’s.

She's a 5 star in the looks department. Played a very fine game too.
She did a great job guarding Clark and gave max effort all night. Hit some big 3's too. If I had a team, i'd take her before any of the other UConn players. Difficult to say if that looks thing came into play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT