Name: Rocky Lombardi
High School: West Des Moines Valley
Position: Quarterback
Graduation Year: 2017
Height: 6-foot-4
Weight: 210 pounds
Video: Hudl

Q: How was your trip to Iowa?

LOMBARDI: It was great. Obviously getting the offer was exciting. I have fun every time I go and visit Iowa. They have good food, good coaches, and good facilities. It was fun to be around and be involved with everything.

Q: How did the offer come up?

LOMBARDI: They emailed (West Des Moines Valley head football) Coach Swenson and told him that I needed to get there early. The junior day started at 10:30 and I was supposed to get there at 9:30. At around 10, Coach Ferentz pulled me into his office and we started talking about normal stuff like wrestling and he congratulated me on my season. Then towards the end we started talking football and that is when the offer came up.

Q: What were your initial thoughts on the offer?

LOMBARDI: Obviously I was excited. Iowa is one I've always wanted. I wanted to get the in-state ones. Iowa is a great program and I was really excited and happy that I would get the opportunity to maybe become a Hawkeye.

Q: Did you feel the offer might be coming?

LOMBARDI: Not really. I was losing hope a little bit. They kept inviting me back. That was probably my sixth visit to Iowa. I thought that maybe at that point it wasn’t coming. I was surprised.

Q: Did the offer make the visit any different?

LOMBARDI: Yeah it did. It gave me a different perspective looking at all the facilities. It was a whole new trip because now you are thinking that I could be in this weight room, this locker room, and Coach Davis could be my coach. It definitely makes it more special.

Q: How do you feel about Iowa?

LOMBARDI: I like Iowa. I like it more every time I go. I like Coach Doyle a lot and their strength program is a big part of the program. Also Coach Ferentz. It is a cool place. They are one of the top schools in the country in developing their players. They are definitely high on my list.

Q: What other trips are you trying to make?

LOMBARDI: I have an offer from Miami of Ohio so I might go there. I am going to see who else invites me for junior days and spring games.

Q: What schools are recruiting that have not yet offered?

LOMBARDI: I have contact from Michigan State, Nebraska, Minnesota a little bit, Kansas State, and then stuff from some MAC and Ivy League schools.

Q: When do you want to make a final decision?

LOMBARDI: I want to be committed going into next season. Hopefully that comes sooner rather than later. I want to figure out what place is best for me.

Q: Do you have a favorite?

LOMBARDI: I probably don't have a favorite, I am just looking into all of the schools and seeing the advantages and disadvantages are. I want to see where I fit the best.

Q: Any chance you decide in the next month?

LOMBARDI: It depends on how I feel. I'd be shocked if I could make a decision within the next month on any school. It just depends on how I feel and how my family feels.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News